What's new

Lip Sync Problem on CBS HDTV? (1 Viewer)

TimF

Auditioning
I just bought into HDTV by purchasing a DTC-100. My first experience with 1080i was the CBS show CSI. I was watching some show (I forget which) in 480p and when CSI came on, the opening scene knocked me off my couch. This was followed an hour of video bliss. But, during the show, I noticed that the audio was slightly out of sync.
I later watched the Jay Leno show (NBC) and again was blown away by the quality. Last night, I watched CBS's 1080i line-up and again, the audio was slightly out of sync (Nash Briges).
Here in Chicago, CBS (channel 2) is not broadcasting over the air. There was a problem when they fired up their HD signal. They found that it interfered with the local AT&T cable system so the FCC made them shut it down. Now the same local cable company rebroadcasts it over their cable in some local areas as a test.
My question is, does CBS have sync problems everywhere or is it a phenomenon of the Chicago area. Also, does anyone receiving CBS in the Chicago area experienc the same problem?
------------------
Famous Quote: "I see dumb people"

Frank

Stunt Coordinator
For a couple of days the audio has been out of sync with the video here in Houston as well. They also had the problem of the screen going all green occasionally.
I called the station last night and asked them to reload the operating system into the Flexicoder. They did it just as 'The Fugitive' came on. They were off the air for the entire hour. When 'Nash Bridges' came on the station came back on the air again. The problem was solved. The audio is now in sync and no more green screen. I do notice minor audio sync errors from time to time though but I suspect it's from a bad looping job.
------------------
Frank...
Turn off the TV and read these books those in power DON'T want you to read...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks