What's new

Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Reminder/Warning - the season finale on April 4 airs at 8 PM in place of The Flash. It's the only DC Arrowverse series to air a new episode that week. IZombie returns April 4th at 9PM.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Reminder/Warning - the season finale on April 4 airs at 8 PM in place of The Flash. It's the only DC Arrowverse series to air a new episode that week. IZombie returns April 4th at 9PM.
I was wondering how iZombie could come back and the finale air on the same day.

I saw last night that Supergirl is out until April 24, I wonder if Flash and Arrow will be out (or repeats) until that same week.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another that didn't click with me. I expected the Professor to defend Mick, since he knew well about Mick's hallucinations and struggles with Visions of Cold.

Nor did I understand charging into the battlefield rather than going back a few years and tackling it in safety.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another that didn't click with me. I expected the Professor to defend Mick, since he knew well about Mick's hallucinations and struggles with Visions of Cold.

Nor did I understand charging into the battlefield rather than going back a few years and tackling it in safety.
Yes, they handled Mick wrong last week and did it again this today.

Today's penultimate season episode had a lot of surprises and they were having quite some fun.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed this hour. This show has one of the best casts on television, and they all got to have a lot of fun with this bleak elseworlds scenario. It was interesting to see the various miseries dreamed up for each of the Legends.

Also fun to have that Felicity cameo at the beginning, in which she is the last of Star City's costumed crimefighters. The sound effects of her bones breaking were quite visceral.

I expected the Professor to defend Mick, since he knew well about Mick's hallucinations and struggles with Visions of Cold.
Definitely a dick move last week, but this week it made sense since the Professor never had his memories reset.

The problem is that the battlefield is the only time and place where they know the spear is intact and present. Anything after 1916 could have been altered in this new reality, and the spear was in pieces before 1916.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They had the spear intact They wanted the blood. If the blood is buried there safely in 1916, it must be safe earlier.
Oh, absolutely. I'm not defending them going for the blood in the middle of World War I the first time around. I'm saying that because they chose to go after the blood in the middle of World War I the first time around, they don't have any choice the second time around.

EDIT: I just realized that your original post was during the "Flash" episode, so you must have been discussing last week's episode, not last night. Whoops!

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And then Snart and Rory almost came close to saying they have a new Prison Break show starting right after the season finale next week at 9 PM.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another thing about the episode, which should play out in the finale - Merlyn, Snart, and Darhk were saying they were no match for speedster Thawne. They don't need to be. They just need to break into cage with the time wraith (which surprisingly the spear of destiny was unable to eliminate).

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nice finale all in all. The time wraith did his thing and the Legion of Doom were put back in their proper place. I was disappointed that the JSA were not restored brought back alive to 1942. Of course some of the time travel and timeline changes with them is a bit confusing, At the very least Hourman should have been saved by Sara. Of course, maybe some of the time ripples from eliminating Thawne (he brought back a whole bunch of his selves who got eliminated) might have rectified some of his changes? No idea. I think the writers can do whatever they want and explain it in any way - especially with the ending to the episode.

By the way, the other weekend I realized where Arthur Darvill had been during the first half of the season - Broadchurch.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nice finale all in all. The time wraith did his thing and the Legion of Doom were put back in their proper place.
I was pleasantly surprised that the show was uncharacteristically disciplined about restoring the proper timelines for Leonard Snart and Damien Darhk so that "Arrow" and "The Flash" being unaffected makes sense. And visual effect that erased the main Eobard Thawne time remnant after the Black Flash's attack was very well done.

Overall, this was a much better finale than the first season finale, with a satisfying payoff.

I was disappointed that the JSA were not restored brought back alive to 1942. Of course some of the time travel and timeline changes with them is a bit confusing, At the very least Hourman should have been saved by Sara. Of course, maybe some of the time ripples from eliminating Thawne (he brought back a whole bunch of his selves who got eliminated) might have rectified some of his changes? No idea. I think the writers can do whatever they want and explain it in any way - especially with the ending to the episode.
Yeah, there's definitely some leeway there. And since the JSA weren't erased by the Spear of Destiny, their deaths aren't necessarily immutable.

I was figuring that Amaya would resume her life in 1942 and Nate would join her, becoming Mari McCabe's grandfather. I was glad they decided to put off the inevitable, since Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Nick Zano were strong additions that have helped the team dynamic really gel this season.

By the way, the other weekend I realized where Arthur Darvill had been during the first half of the season - Broadchurch.
Good catch. I wonder if they wrote him out because of his "Broadchurch" commitments, or if their decision to write him out for the front half of the season allowed him to return to "Broadchurch".

It did seem like the finale wrote him out, at least as a regular member of the team. Arthur Darvill does a great job playing rip, but once Sara as captain proved so successful, he became the most extraneous of the Waverider crew.

The final scene was one of those WTF moments that was clearly meant to tee up the next season but leaves us with all questions.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Caught up with the last two episodes, and I enjoyed them. The finale was a bit confusing regarding which Legends were from which time period, but the show continues to be a lot of fun.

That said, there were some inconsistencies, even for this show: Twice Sarah is shown having the chance to kill Darhk, which has been her goal. She's been driven by vengeance and she just lets him go? Twice? And then she doesn't use the spear to revive her sister because why? I understand the logic of the show, but for her character, it wasn't consistent.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That said, there were some inconsistencies, even for this show: Twice Sarah is shown having the chance to kill Darhk, which has been her goal. She's been driven by vengeance and she just lets him go? Twice? And then she doesn't use the spear to revive her sister because why? I understand the logic of the show, but for her character, it wasn't consistent.
That is part of her character arc. She has grown as a character. She has realized that she (and reality) is better off letting the original timeline stay the way it was.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A friend pointed out that the end scene looked quite like a panel from Crisis on Infinite Earths. We've seen the headlines on The Flash. It bears consideration.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Overall, I liked the final two episodes of LoT and thought it was a pretty solid series finale -- though I preferred the conclusion to S1 better as it was for more me more heartfelt (I have no connection to the death of Laurel, the "love interest" with Maya was never anything more than trivial, leaving only Rory's scene which was good but not as potent as last year's death of Snart.)

I very much liked seeing the alternate reality where the Legends were nothing. Edna Mode would be deeply offended by this extreme extension of classic villain monologuing -- taking such pride in one's own villainy that it leads to your own downfall. But I believed that Thawn was that arrogant so accepted it.

I still don't understand the time-travel choices, but whatever. All logic is subservient to what allows for maximum on-screen drama.

I suppose I'm glad the season ended well. But it makes my TiVo decision for next season harder. I'm leaning towards quitting Legends and The Flash next year. I've been quite frustrated by their erratic quality and sloppy writing. These are the only lightweight superhero shows out -- everything else I watch and enjoy is sturm and drang. But despite a encouraging start, they didn't really improve on previous season's quality.

We'll see. Depends on what else comes out this Fall and what the rumors say about the coming DC seasons.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've stayed out of this conversation all season, opting to binge the show on Netflix relatively unspoiled. By and large, I liked being able to move from one episode to another quickly. The momentum of the show didn't disappear week over week (or over a mid-year break). Watching 17 episodes over two weeks crystallized some things for me:

- This is just a fun show. It takes itself seriously, but it's not unrelentingly dark and moody like Arrow. The characters, writers and actors all seem to be having fun every week.

- Sara moved to my favorite character in the show. She has shown the most growth of the entire cast and has turned into the most personable. She may have the least snarky dialogue, but that works for her. I'm also very much liking how the show doesn't make her sexuality a plot point, opting to just drop it into a bit of dialogue or a scene every once in a while.

- Season two is worlds better than season one. This season felt like it had its feet under it and had a purpose. Season one was...boring. Sure, almost every episode this year was a variation on the same theme, but the stakes felt bigger and more important. That being said, I won't pretend to understand all the in's and out's of time travel in this show. I'd question anyone who says they DO understand it all.

- The only episode I had a hard time understanding on a conceptual level was the crossover episode. I haven't seen the other Arrowverse shows this year and I watched this episode out of context. Completely my fault.

- This show is really good at team battles. There are several during the year which are just beautiful to watch (the one in the penultimate episode where Amaya "dies" sticks in my memory). Everyone has their own distinctive power, so you're not seeing three people shooting arrows or using tech gadgets.

- Where the show is going to struggle going forward is their season-long plotlines. The Arrowverse isn't terribly good at creating their big bad's for the season. Merlyn ,Darhk, Ra's, Vandal Savage...they never feel, to me, like bad guys befitting a season long arc. In the long run, they don't have powers or abilities significantly bigger than the good guys.

- Season 2 missed an emotional opportunity by bringing Amaya back in the finale after her freezing death in the episode before. That was a crushing moment for the team and for me. I understand this is a time travel show, but that could have been the rallying cry for next year. And when Rip walks off the Waverider...I didn't feel a whole lot. He was the captain and a regular, but he had been gone for so long in S2, he was absolutely right that Sara is a better captain.

- It was good to see Wentworth Miller again, but I don't think I could take another season of the way he delivers his lines PLUS Mick's delivery. That's too much for me.

Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for the rest of the Arrowverse to hit Netflix in a few weeks...

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
“After the defeat of Eobard Thawne and his equally nefarious Legion of Doom, the Legends face a new threat created by their actions at the end of last season. In revisiting a moment in time that they had already participated in, they have essentially fractured the timeline and created anachronisms – a scattering of people, animals, and objects all across time! Our team must find a way to return all the anachronisms to their original timelines before the time stream falls apart. But before our Legends can jump back into action, Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) and his newly established Time Bureau call their methods into question. With the Time Bureau effectively the new sheriffs in town, the Legends disband – until Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) discovers one of them in the middle of his well-deserved vacation in Aruba. Seeing this as an opportunity to continue their time traveling heroics, Sara (Caity Lotz) wastes no time in getting the Legends back together. We reunite with billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), the unconventional historian-turned-superhero Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), and Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (Franz Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm. Once reunited, the Legends will challenge the Time Bureau’s authority over the timeline and insist that however messy their methods may be, some problems are beyond the Bureau’s capabilities. Some problems can only be fixed by Legends.”

Tala Ashe has joined the cast of the CW drama as Zari Adrianna Tomaz, a Muslim-American computer nerd with a wry, combative attitude who hails from the year 2030.

According to the character description, “Zari lives in a world of contradictions. Technology has brought about incredible change in her future — too bad human nature hasn’t kept pace. Fear, prejudice, and a lack of care for the planet have forced Zari to become a ‘grey hat hacktivist.'”
As Zari lives her double life, she has no idea that she possesses secret, latent powers derived from an ancient, mystical source. (In DC Comics lore, Adrianna Tomaz was an Egyptian who inherited special abilities via the Amulet of Isis and then became known as the superhero “Oh-Mighty-Isis!”)

This information has been posted to various sites but in case someone doesn't want to know anything about season 3 I posted it as a potential spoiler.

Season 3 Poster

NE5fIZrPJk0e8c_1_b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks