What's new

Leave it to beaver season 3? (1 Viewer)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I received an email from B&N with a subject line"Your Order has Shipped", but the body of the email says the item is in their warehouse ready to ship. I ordered Sun. eve, June 13. I hope I get this by the Weekend.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I'm in the "your order has shipped" club now, too!

My panic has subsided, but I won't rest easy until the package arrives undamaged. (This low price has seemed too good to be true.)

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff

I'm in the "your order has shipped" club now, too!

My panic has subsided, but I won't rest easy until the package arrives undamaged. (This low price has seemed too good to be true.)

If it is damaged you can always exchange it for a replacement at a Barnes and Noble Store if they have it in stock.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by BrianP
If it is damaged you can always exchange it for a replacement at a Barnes and Noble Store if they have it in stock.

I tried that once and they told me I had to pay the difference between the in-store price and the on-line price. The in-store price was almost twice as much as what I paid on-line at the time, so I had to send it back for a replacement from BN.com.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Obviously B&N sold more of these than expected. I received an email today, a day after it was originally expected to ship, saying it has been delayed by 1-5 more days, etc.

For those that get it soon, enjoy. I did get the great B&N price, so I will be patient. But it's a good sign that this is selling so well.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yep, good sales is so important here. I'd love Shout! to pick up stuff like Courtship of Eddie's Father, etc. Shows that are just sitting in storage somewhere.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Deeb

Yep, good sales is so important here. I'd love Shout! to pick up stuff like Courtship of Eddie's Father, etc. Shows that are just sitting in storage somewhere.

That's another series I'd grab if we ever see it released. There are so many great shows still in the vaults.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Quote:

That's another series I'd grab if we ever see it released. There are so many great shows still in the vaults.
I really miss that one. All the unique music would need to be intact...but I just loved that one growing up. When I was little I thought that "Eddie" was the same one on The Munsters. :D

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Radioman970

Just a guess on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if music licensing is the sticking point here. The brilliant Harry Nilsson score is so much a part of the show and since his album catalog has been largely out of print for most of the digital age, I'd say it doesn't bode well. Too bad. This has been on my 'Top10' TV on DVD "get" list for years...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's probably right on target. Along with Wonder Years and WKRP. If anybody could get that done it would be Shout! Many of us would pay a much higher price for all three of those to get them uncut.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by smithb

I tried that once and they told me I had to pay the difference between the in-store price and the on-line price. The in-store price was almost twice as much as what I paid on-line at the time, so I had to send it back for a replacement from BN.com.

I know the store prices are usually higher. However I've done many exchanges at stores and have always been able to do a straight up swap for anything damaged or defective with no hassle.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

I know the store prices are usually higher. However I've done many exchanges at stores and have always been able to do a straight up swap for anything damaged or defective with no hassle.

My experience was definitely different, so Individual stores much interpret this policy differently. All it says online is to call the store for details. If anyone is in this boat I would call ahead first.

What bothered me about my experience was that I called ahead to see if they had it in stock and if I could do the swap, and their reply was no problem (not mentioning anything about possible price differences). Then when I got there and mentioned what I wanted to do to the individual at the register immediately called over the store manager who set me straight on the store policy. I haven't been back to that store since.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
My copy of Leave it to Beaver complete series was delivered a short time ago. Looks like it made it in great shape. No visible damage or loose discs. Can't wait to start watching it. Have not seen many of these episodes in over twenty years.

Originally Posted by smithb

My experience was definitely different, so Individual stores much interpret this policy differently. All it says online is to call the store for details. If anyone is in this boat I would call ahead first.

What bothered me about my experience was that I called ahead to see if they had it in stock and if I could do the swap, and their reply was no problem (not mentioning anything about possible price differences). Then when I got there and mentioned what I wanted to do to the individual at the register immediately called over the store manager who set me straight on the store policy. I haven't been back to that store since.

Never heard of anyone having a store try to charge them more for a swap. It doesn't make any sense to pay to exchange something that is not your fault. I don't blame you for not returning to that particular store.

I agree it is a good idea to call ahead before visiting the store in case they do not have a copy, and to be clear they will exchange it without any extra charges. You can check store inventory online and reserve a copy to pick up, but it is not always reliable way to verify they have it. I found some stores will say they do not have an item in stock, but when you go to the store it is available.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

Never heard of anyone having a store try to charge them more for a swap. It doesn't make any sense to pay to exchange something that is not your fault. I don't blame you for not returning to that particular store.

It didn't really surprise me since BM and online stores are many times run as separate entities within a company. Many times with their own pricing and sales. I seem to recall BB being that way as well. It seems only in the last few years they started having online to in-store pickup. In a sense, BB is doing a price match with itself in the same fashion they would with a target or walmart when the store matches their own on-line price. Anyway, my biggest gripe is that they didn't let me know their policy on the phone before I wasted my time going to the store.

BTW, my LITB should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. I have to hand it to BN, they can have quick delivery for free standard shipping vs. the free shipping of others.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
One concern about ordering a large DVD set like this with over 30 discs, there is a good chance some discs will be loose inside the DVD cases causing them to slide around and get scratch damage while the package is in transit. I have had this happen when ordering DVD sets with 4 to 6 discs, I can imagine how many discs have the potential to be loose in a 30 plus disc set. Companies are not always that careful when putting DVD sets together, discs can easily become loose inside the cases during transit causing scratches and damage to the recorded surface. I'll probably order my LITB set in about 10 days, I'll cross my fingers, hope I'll be lucky and receive a set with no loose/damaged discs inside the cases.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Lecagr

One concern about ordering a large DVD set like this with over 30 discs, there is a good chance some discs will be loose inside the DVD cases causing them to slide around and get scratch damage while the package is in transit.

This is always a concern. That is why I was happy to hear Shout! was going with more traditional cases in a standard outer box instead of some unusual specialized configuration like some complete sets. Also, a review stated that the disks were a bit tight in the hubs (good for shipment, not necessarily good for the long haul). So I feel less concerned, but I will know for sure when I get home.

Generally, if packaging is a concern I go with Amazon and hope they user the shrinkwrap to a cardboard base approach (not always the case but the best alternative I've seen). BN is not the best at packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks