What's new

Le Mans (1 Viewer)

Bob Spears

Stunt Coordinator
I have had this DVD on preorder forever and I finally picked it up yesterday. It completely blew me away. Widescreen and DD 5.1 soundtrack. The picture is great and the mix is wonderful. I would recommend it to any real race fan or Steve McQueen fan. This movie is about the RACE. I am currently waiting on Grand Prix. I own and have watched Winning with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward and would not recommend it.

bob spears

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Bob, I see that you are in Saratoga, Ca. I saw la Mans at the New Varsity in Palo Alto (on University before it was converted to a Borders) when it was first released in the US. I have no idea it's on DVD now, definitely worth a go, thanks.

Another even older "race" movie, Grand Prix (with Yves Montand, Eva Marie Saint, Toshiro Mifune...), do you happen to know if it's on DVD??

Bob Spears

Stunt Coordinator
I do not think it is on DVD yet but as soon as it becomes available I am going to get it. If you enjoy racing films i urge you to pick up Le Mans.

I never had a chance to see a movie at that theater but I bet it was nice.
bob spears

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Ah, GRAND PRIX - exploding tea-trolleys, anyone?! :laugh:

I only wish that Frankenheimer was still alive to recount the incident in an audio commentary!

Gordy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Another even older "race" movie, Grand Prix (with Yves Montand, Eva Marie Saint, Toshiro Mifune...), do you happen to know if it's on DVD??
It would be a WB release "if or when" they decide to release it. Unfortunately no one asked about it at the chat & WB did not say anything about it.

TedD

Supporting Actor
Just a warning:

The first 11 minutes of the film are SEVERELY window boxed. It turned me off completely before I could get into the film.

BIG UGLY black borders around the entire picture. Why can't the telecine techs learn to transfer what is on the source without screwing with composition? :angry:

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks