What's new

Last Comic Standing Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Doug Benson didn't make it on!! :frowning:

She took the farting on the stairmaster bit from Larry The Cable Guy. Now, that's just sad when you have to steal from him.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I was watching this with a friend and I told him after the workout routine that she was a lock for the house even though we both thought she was horrible. I like Dwyer, Gabriel and Ty were funny but I hated every other pick. Malik, Brendon Walsh (teachers having sex with students) and Dan Levey (condoms) were way better than "I'M GONNA DIE SOON!!", "I'm short and a free spirit" (with the red-head free spirit from last week that maskes two in the house), "I'm skinny" and "I'm pregnant." In fact those four were probably the worst of all the comics tonight. I would seriously prefer ANY of the other comics that performed tonight. If it was really an issue of having more women in the cast Nikki Payne or Nikki Glaser (odd coincidense) would have been much better choices. At least they had material. As it stands I Josh, Chris, Ty, Dwyer, Gabriel and Roz and I can't wait for the rest to be eliminated.
Let "Last Reality TV Star with the Slightest Sense of Humor" begin.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Agree with all, bad choices from a very good lot. I can see bad picks when an audience is involved, but the judges picks surprised me. Clearly, the choices were not made based on the edited material presented to the TV audience. I would suspect the factors for selection for the judges (which are not detailed) probably include non-stand-up factors as wll as the ability for the producers to influence the decision. Somewhere in the 6 point type flashed for 1 second at the end of the show is the real story....

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Also agree on the bad choices. Several of the ones who made it I didn't like at all. I thought the lisp girl and the Hank Hill lookalike would have been locks.

There were some great bits last night by people who didn't get chosen. Loved the one about samples in grocery stores ("What is that......you call it bread???" and "Let us all take a minute, and thank God for this chicken in a cup")

Surprised Doug Benson didn't make it, although being a regular on Best Week Ever, I don't think he should qualify.

My favorite so far is still Josh Blue. I at first thought he was just getting the callback out of sympathy, but man oh man did he kill up there. GREAT set.

And as for the cancellation last year, you can blame NBC not the show. They tried to kill it. A successful season had just ended, and they immediately went into production with the next one, an All Stars version, when they weren't ready and it was already a busy schedule. It wasn't a real season to begin with, just a rush job.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I thought that one guy who was a teacher for 9yrs (Dee I think) was much funnier than the 2 woman picked...

How dare she steal from Mater!!!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Bill Dwyer has had his own Comedy Central Presents special, was a host of Battle Bots and was a regular on I Love the 70's/80's/90's and I'm pretty sure he's been on BWE too so just because you've had exposure it doesn't mean you're disqulaified. Hell, about ten of the final forty comedians from Season Two (including Pablo, Louis and the eventual winner John Heffron) had already had a Comedy Central Presents and Jim Norton had been a regular on Tough Crowd. Actually that may give them an edge since the producers have a slight gauge as to how audiences repsond to a comic outside of stand-up.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My wife and I were so pissed that the producers seemed to go out of their way to pick the least funny comedians that we're on the fence about continuing watching. The old lady and the pregnant woman were hands down the least funniest (both the night and the auditions), and the short girl wasn't far behind. Just a terrible, terrible job, and I really felt bad for the real comics who got jobbed. I mean, I know the producers will bend things their way to make the show interesting, but that was transparently, most decidely not based on actual funny.

On second thought, I probably won't watch anymore. Shit, we barely laughed during the last two shows as it was, and now we're left with most of the worst. Go to hell, LCS.

Just to add: if you go to the NBC board for LCS, the reactions are overwhlemingly negative. I don't think there's a single viewer who liked even half of the picks.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I stopped watching the year Pablo Fracisco got cut. That guy is waaaay too good to even be on that show.

That he got cut was the biggest joke of them all. :frowning:

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
This is my first season watching the show, and I am disappointed in how much they edit down the comics. I will give it one more week. If I don't get to see longer bits, then I will stop watching.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Which would be counterproductive, because you'd allow the short bits of comics who (in at least some cases) probably aren't that funny, and won't go on, to keep you from seeing the subsequent longer bits from the comedians who make it into the house.

If you've never watched the show before, what comes next is everyone in the house picks one person they think they're funnier than. Whoever has the most people pick him then has to perform that week. He gets to pick from the people who said they're funnier than him to compete against. So essentially, only 2 people perform each week. The rest is just challenges, etc. (ie, manufactured drama). You do see longer bits, though.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Hanson, you and your wife are saying the exact same thing as my wife & I.

And on another note. None of these comedians could hold a candle to some of the first & second season comics....Vos, Heffron, Dave.etc.
I live in NJ and Vos performed at a local comedy club. He was frickin hilarious.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Awesome. I would like to see him live. A few months ago, Dave Mordal did a show at where I go to college, and he was even more hilarious there than he was on the series. The best part about the show was that I got to meet him, and tell him that he should have won season 1. He also told me that he would not do LCS again because he didn't think it really suited him that well. I can see where he is coming from with that, but this season could have definitely used him.

Remember that feud Dave had with Dat Phan? Well, I asked Dave about that, and he said that NBC made it into a far bigger deal than it was. He liked Dat, and thought he was a nice kid who could definitely make it somewhere in the comedy game.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Tony, If you live in NJ. He plays at this place in Pt.Pleasant Beach a few times a year. He will be back this summer. He is dating the blond comedian from season 2. She was with him and did a set.

While I thought Dat was funny. I really don't think he was the best comic in the first season....Not even in the top 3.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would have voted for the winner as well, just because the delivery was better than the other 2 that went home.

Chris and Josh's heckling was pretty funny, as was Michelle and Kristin's. Roz might have a future as a professional heckler, though...

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Pretty fun episode. It basically solidified who I thought was strong, and who was weak, and who just does not belong on the ship.

Chris and Josh's had us rolling. They looked like they were having a good time too and not taking it personal. Just good ol' fashioned burning.

Roz had a few good lines but she just comes off as a one note, who can talk louder kind of comic. Get's irritating really fast. She definitely flustered the short gal though. I laughed at Gabriel's laughing. It was so stupid, but he sold it. Plus it was a different approach. :)

And for once, the audience definitely picked the right winner. She also had some good heckling comebacks.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
It was by no means a perfect show, but I was entertained tonight. Michelle is talented, and I would go see her live if she came to my area. The heckling was a fun challenge, especially since a few of the jokes we had already heard on previous nights.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought it was the best challenge ever. It would've been a great episode if the stand-up wasn't so bad at the end, but at least those girls went home.

~T

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Roz is not funny to me. She is just another angry, loud, obnoxious person who has to be loud to make people listen. I would hate to sit in the same movie theater as her. She is probably one of those who likes to yell stuff at the screen during the movie.

I prefer intelligent humor. Stuff that makes you think. Her humor is just smacking you in the face type that is maybe only funny once, then is just plain painful to endure.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am glad that Stella left. She is not that funny. I was hoping the other female comedian...The short one who was paired with Roz would have gotten booted. She is also not funny.

I also thought Chris & Josh were great....and seemed to be having fun with the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks