What's new

Korean DVD's I'd love a review on... (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Hey all,

Just finding out about this NTSC/DTS wonderfulness that's going on with the Korean DVD's and was wondering about the following titles:

Ransom SE (dts)
Crimson Tide SE (dts)
Evita SE (Dts)
Silence of the Lambs SE (DTS)
Sleepers (dual layered, dts)
Insomnia (dts)
Cliffhanger SE (dts)

Proper aspect ratio? Worth the upgrade? any info would be hot...

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
you can check the AR on those at koreandvds.com and compare them to either the US dvd or imdb.com listing. The Only korean dvd I've seen that had an improper AR was the DTS version of HEAT. But it was a 2 disc set with 2.35:1 DD 5.1 and the second disc being 1.85:1 DTS. Go figure.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I'm also worried about PQ when there's a DTS track along with others being on there. I guess that's why I'm worried.

And with situations like Cliffhanger and SOTL where SE already exist here, I'm worried that they might not include all of the extras.

John Milton

Second Unit
I own the Korean Silence Of The Lambs DTS release. The picture is outstanding! I've previously emailed KoreanDVDs.com about whether or not Crimson Tide DTS and Ransom DTS were 16:9 enhanced. I was told they were not so I didn't bother to order them. :frowning: Insomnia DTS is available from Hong Kong for dirt cheap at www.dddhouse.com ...nice picture, good sound, great movie.

CraigL

Screenwriter
John...

does that version of Insomnia have all the same extras as the US version???

And how do you do the conversion on that site? it currently says $40 for the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks