What's new

Klipsch Vs. JBL (1 Viewer)

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
You use the Y splitter. its lot cheaper with employee discount. Also, for the speaker wire, I think I told u this in previous post to get the monster speaker wire just for the fronts and the subs. I don't think there is a noticeable improvement but for fronts and sub I wouldn't try to cheap out on cables when u already spend this much on the speakers. Besides, with the discount monster cables are very cheap. I found mine says "Monster XP" performance.bla..bla bla. For the rest of the setup just get 14 guage wire(cheap brand is ok too). Don't spend money on their so called component video cable. It didn't make any difference for me. 80 dollars for nothing more than a regular component cable.

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
The speaker wire that you are looking at is way too expensive. I spent 10 bucks for a 50 feet spool I think. The one that u selected are specifically meant for in-wall use. If ur gonna just leave the cables outside then I don't think u need that type of cable.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I figured it wasn't worth the extra, although as you know, not that much more with the discount. But I started reading where it says "Magnetic Flux Tube construction and special cable windings for natural music reproduction with less signal loss and distortion." and thought I would see if it is worth it. But I do want to run it in wall, at least to the rear, should I get this wire for that, or still get something cheaper, as long as it is rated for in wall use I guess it would be fine.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I'll check out the link. Then go tomorrow and get some plain old inexpensive wire:D .

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
If you plan on running it inwall, get wire rated for "inwall" usage. If by chance, you should experience a fire, you don't want to be held liable for not meeting codes. That could take all the fun out of good HT.:)

It doesn't have to be expensive, just heavy enough to handle the load, especially if the run is long.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info on the wire.

I will do a search too, but for the sub, I was wondering how I get the best sound. Is a downfacing sub fine on carpet? It just seems like that is not the best thing, should I maybe put something under it?

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
It won't matter what direction your sub faces; up, down, sidefiring is all the same as the wave lenghts that the sub produces are longer than your room and find their way out into the room regardless. The location of the sub in your room (corner, close to walls,etc.)has more affect.Tweeters faced into carpet, drapes, pillows, are affected drastically since their wavelengths are so tiny.

20 hz = 56 ft. 20khz = 6 hundreths of a foot.

Wavelength Chart

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks