What's new

Kino Lorber Studio Classics: Blu-ray Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
cineMANIAC said:
Can't get over how awesome that Emerald Forest cover art is. Nice job, Kino!
It does look nice, fingers crossed the transfer is also very good.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
More covers:
10675806_754509391272637_3051112872592691225_n.jpg

SPECIAL FEATURES – DECEMBER RELEASES

The ones with an asterisk next to them are NEW extras that were not available on the previous U.S. DVD releases.

The Package
* Audio Commentary by Andrew Davis and Joanna Cassidy
* On-camera Intro by Director Andrew Davis
* On-camera Interview with Star Joanna Cassidy
Original Theatrical Trailer

Buffalo Bill and the Indians, Or Sitting Bull’s History Lesson
“From the Prairie to the Palace” – Original Featurette
Teaser Trailer

Avenging Force
* Audio Commentary by Sam Firstenberg and Michael Dudikoff
* On-camera Intro by Director Sam Firstenberg
* On-camera Interview with Star Michael Dudikoff
* Original Theatrical Trailer

Running Scared
* Audio Commentary by Director Peter Hyams
* Featurette
* Selected (Electronic Press Kit) Scenes
Billy Crystal Outtakes

The Quatermass Xperiment
Loaded With Extras - To Be Announced

We're also working on a couple of other extras...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Kino Update:
All the November DVDs are 35% off on Amazon and the Blu-rays are 38% off.
MAN OF THE WEST, VIVA MARIA, MORE DEAD THAN ALIVE, SAM WHISKEY, WHITE LIGHTNING, GATOR, COMING HOME, POCKETFUL OF MIRACLES, THE LONG GOODBYE, THIEVES LIKE US.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Robert Crawford said:
Kino Update: All the November DVDs are 35% off on Amazon and the Blu-rays are 38% off. MAN OF THE WEST, VIVA MARIA, MORE DEAD THAN ALIVE, SAM WHISKEY, WHITE LIGHTNING, GATOR, COMING HOME, POCKETFUL OF MIRACLES, THE LONG GOODBYE, THIEVES LIKE US.
Has as anyone else noticed that Amazon discounts each new batch of Kino releases slightly less than the one before? The first batch settled in at a pre-order price if $16.99, the second at $17.49, and the current batch at $18.49.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Mark-P said:
Has as anyone else noticed that Amazon discounts each new batch of Kino releases slightly less than the one before? The first batch settled in at a pre-order price if $16.99, the second at $17.49, and the current batch at $18.49.
What I've noticed is that all the October titles I'm interested in — MARRIED TO THE MOB, BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN, TOPKAPI — are all pre-orderable at Amazon at the insane price of $27.98. For titles whose picture and sound quality has to be assessed on a case-by-case basis? Seriously?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mark-P said:
They could be gathering data on the best preorder pricing to maximize returns.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Mark Cappelletty said:
What I've noticed is that all the October titles I'm interested in — MARRIED TO THE MOB, BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN, TOPKAPI — are all pre-orderable at Amazon at the insane price of $27.98. For titles whose picture and sound quality has to be assessed on a case-by-case basis? Seriously?
I've been ordering these since the first month. They've usually started in the $27 range the first month, then dropped to $20 range the month prior to release, and then to the $17 range right before street. But the October releases haven't been discounted much, if at all, while the November and December releases have. Strange. I always pre-ordered day 1 so I get the low-price guarantee that Amazon offers.

UPDATE: I just checked "Topkapi" which I have pre-ordered. It streets on Oct 7th....price is now down to $18.49 (it was $27.98 when I pre-ordered).

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
atfree said:
I've been ordering these since the first month. They've usually started in the $27 range the first month, then dropped to $20 range the month prior to release, and then to the $17 range right before street. But the October releases haven't been discounted much, if at all, while the November and December releases have. Strange. I always pre-ordered day 1 so I get the low-price guarantee that Amazon offers.
Day 1 on Kino titles (and Olive) listed on Amazon is usually $20.97 by default and jacked up to around $27 a few days later.

It's usually best to snatch these up immediately upon preorder listing. That is if you're willing to take the Kino gamble on the end product ahead of time.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
In the midst of watching Elmer Gantry this week, but in 30 minute
increments due to a very busy schedule.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark Cappelletty said:
Mark,

Here is some good news from Kino and Amazon:
All the October DVDs are 35% off on Amazon and the Blu-rays are 38% off.
TRUE CONFESSIONS, MULHOLLAND FALLS, TOPKAPI, BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN, BLOODY MAMA, JENNIFER (DVD 44%), LAST EMBRACE, MARRIED TO THE MOB, DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN, THE NAKED FACE, GORKY PARK.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
larrdog said:
Is The Bubble a Kino release?
Yes, but not from the "Kino Studio Classics" line. The KSC line is identified by matching bindings and disc art.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
10646838_708370429211680_7713575748207899397_n.jpg

Coming February 24, 2015 From Kino Lorber Studio Classics - On DVD & BLU-RAY - Elmore Leonard's 52 PICK-UP - Starring Roy Scheider, Ann-Margret, Vanity, John Glover, Kelly Preston, Doug McClure and Clarence Williams III. Directed by John Frankenheimer. Based on the Best Selling Novel by Elmore Leonard with a Screenplay by Leonard and John Steppling.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
On the fence about that one (haven't seen it). Any recommendations?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
JoHud said:
On the fence about that one (haven't seen it). Any recommendations?
Very dark (mood) film, I found it kinda sleazy when I first saw it in theaters. It's Frankenheimer, so it tends to be a little over-wrought at times, but overall a good, but not great, thriller.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
"In this exclusive clip from BURT REYNOLDS: BACK TO THE BAYOU, Reynolds discusses an infamous stunt-gone-wrong by legendary Hollywood stuntman Hal Needham. This story and more can be found in a two-part retrospective interview, featured on WHITE LIGHTNING and GATOR from KL Studio Classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks