What's new

Kino Lorber Studio Classics: Blu-ray Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I once again have to thank the HTF Reviewers and fans. I love this movie!! Yes you have to really watch it at a certain time without every day life putting the stop on your viewing. This happens quite often when you sit down to watch a great film. Turn off the phone and enjoy.

James Mason and Ava Gardner what more can I say.

What more should I say?

I just love being part of the forum. You learn about the latest movie TV show releases and can quickly order them before if limited editions will sell out.

I know there are so many topics here but classic films and TV shows are my weakness.

What a nice way to begin the weekend by watching Pandora and the Flying Dutchman.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Excerpt from the John Carpenter interview... one of many SPECIAL FEATURES on the upcoming QUATERMASS XPERIMENT Blu-ray release...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Mark Collins said:
What a nice way to begin the weekend by watching Pandora and the Flying Dutchman . . . .

James Mason and Ava Gardner what more can I say.

What more should I say?
Jack Cardiff?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I'm curious as to what we'll see from KLSC in 2015 (I believe they only announced releases up through February 2015, and now have taken a break).

63 titles released/announced since April 29th 2014 plus 9 other MGM titles released under the regular KL banner for a total of 72 releases if my calculations are correct, and I believe their initial deal with MGM was for 70 titles.

Hopefully, they have had success with these releases and are getting new deals in place. While they have been hit-and-miss in terms of quality, I believe most of these would never have seen the light of day on BD otherwise. I try to look at these releases from a "glass half-full" perspective, kind of like RAH's new "pass/fail" criteria. KLSC has definitely put a dent in my wallet. In fact, between KLSC, TT, Criterion, etc, my wallet has taken a big hit in 2015.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
atfree said:
I'm curious as to what we'll see from KLSC in 2015 (I believe they only announced releases up through February 2015, and now have taken a break).

63 titles released/announced since April 29th 2014 plus 9 other MGM titles released under the regular KL banner for a total of 72 releases if my calculations are correct, and I believe their initial deal with MGM was for 70 titles.

Hopefully, they have had success with these releases and are getting new deals in place. While they have been hit-and-miss in terms of quality, I believe most of these would never have seen the light of day on BD otherwise. I try to look at these releases from a "glass half-full" perspective, kind of like RAH's new "pass/fail" criteria. KLSC has definitely put a dent in my wallet. In fact, between KLSC, TT, Criterion, etc, my wallet has taken a big hit in 2015.
Brad here. I could say the same as I just counted up my TT titles purchased since Jan 2014. Good Lord!! Then throw in the KL, Olive and Criterion titles and I'm probably well into 4 digits on the left side of the decimal point.
Have to throttle back some till I get my credit card completely paid off but still have some Jan 2015 pre-orders from KL and TT on the burner.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Why do Kino titles still carry the Fox logo on the back covers? Does Fox even still distribute ANY MGM titles? They barely distribute their own.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
cineMANIAC said:
Why do Kino titles still carry the Fox logo on the back covers? Does Fox even still distribute ANY MGM titles? They barely distribute their own.
From what I understand, Fox is still co-distributor of their library. There are exceptions, but I'll be damned if I know what they are.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
And Duck You Sucker. Pretty much anything that released through their main distribution line is co-distributed by Fox. Yet strangely the AIP discs on the Vincent Price Collections (and the whole of Vol 1) are solely credited to MGM, as are the Criterions. So Fox doesn't co-distribute all of them, but certainly most of them, Twilight Time and Kino Lorber included.

Perhaps it has something with Fox chipping in on packaging and disc manufacture?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Fox is the primary distributor for MGM/UA product. If anything goes out under another company besides Fox, they still have to approve the release

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just announced...
KINO LORBER in conjunction with IGNITE FILMS Presents:

Alfred E. Green's Classic Film Noir, COVER UP - Starring William Bendix, Dennis O'Keefe, Barbara Britton, Art Baker, Ann E. Todd and Doro Merande.

a KL STUDIO CLASSICS Release - Coming in March on Blu-ray and DVD!

Attached Thumbnails
[*]
[/list]

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Hal Walker's Classic Comedy, AT WAR WITH THE ARMY - Starring Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis, Mike Kellin and Polly Bergen.

Attached Thumbnails
[*]
[/list]

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
"At War With The Army"(1950) lapsed into public domain hell...seeing this come out in blu-ray/DVD is a REAL surprise... hope it's a decent transfer!!! Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis' other movies were huge box office hits during the '50s and have been languishing in the vaults without an HD disc release for nearly a decade...

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Ronald Epstein said:

Hal Walker's Classic Comedy, AT WAR WITH THE ARMY - Starring Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis, Mike Kellin and Polly Bergen.

Attached Thumbnails

[*]
[/list]
Me like!!

Now if KL could just do "Artists & Models", "My Friend Irma", "My Friend Irma Goes West" and "Way Way Out"!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just announced...
Coming in April From Kino Lorber Studio Classics - First Time on BLU-RAY - Vernon Sewell's THE CRIMSON CULT (aka CURSE OF THE CRIMSON ALTAR) - Starring BORIS KARLOFF, CHRISTOPHER LEE, BARBARA STEELE, MARK EDEN and MICHAEL GOUGH.

[*]
[/list]

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
A lot of us bought Crimson Altar from Odeon Entertainment.. I am glad Kino is releasing it and shows signs of hope for more titles from that era or earlier and in that genre. I hope they licensed some black and white classics as well as more from the great Vincent Price. Time will tell, here's to hope ! :)

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if KL's Crimson release will be the 87 minute US version or the 89 minute UK version. The title alone suggests the former, but I would hope for the latter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Coming in April From Kino Lorber Studio Classics - ON BLU-RAY & DVD - Roger Corman's TALES OF TERROR - Starring VINCENT PRICE, PETER LORRE, BASIL RATHBONE, MAGGIE PIERCE, LEONA GAGE, JOYCE JAMESON and DEBRA PAGET - Based on the stories by EDGAR ALLAN POE

[*]
[/list]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks