What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (15 Viewers)

Beckford

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in June!

Audie Murphy Collection II

Sierra (1950)
Wanda Hendrix, Burl Ives, Dean Jagger, Tony Curtis & James Arness – Shot by Russell Metty (Touch of Evil) – Directed by Alfred E. Green (Four Faces West).

Kansas Raiders (1950) Brian Donlevy, Marguerite Chapman, Scott Brady, Tony Curtis, Richard Arlene, Richard Long, James Best, Dewey Martin & Richard Egan – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Bend of the River) – Directed by Ray Enright (The Spoilers).

Destry (1954) Mari Blanchard, Lyle Bettger, Thomas Mitchell, Edgar Buchanan, Lori Nelson, Wallace Ford & Alan Hale Jr. – Shot by George Robinson (Gun for a Coward) – Directed by George Marshall (Destry Rides Again).

View attachment 179588
Had hoped this would include any three of "Destry", "Gunsmoke", "Tumbleweed" or "The Wild and the Innocent". So at least one of them's materialized. I already have European Blu's on "Kansas Raiders" (one of Audie's best) and "Sierra". Also own Region 2 Blu's on"The Cimarron Kid" from '52 (terrific - and directed by Budd Boetticher) plus the fine "Walk the Proud Land" where Audie co-stars with Anne Bancroft.
The presence of "Destry" will probably be sufficiently tempting for me to buy this set. Kino's next all-Audie package, will supposed be completely made up of 60's titles. I feel certain it will include the great "Hell Bent for Leather" from 1960. Probably "Six Black Horses", also good, from '62. But whatever's on it, I'm definitely in. An Audie-matic purchase.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Had hoped this would include any three of "Destry", "Gunsmoke", "Tumbleweed" or "The Wild and the Innocent". So at least one of them's materialized. I already have European Blu's on "Kansas Raiders" (one of Audie's best) and "Sierra". Also own Region 2 Blu's on"The Cimarron Kid" from '52 (terrific - and directed by Budd Boetticher) plus the fine "Walk the Proud Land" where Audie co-stars with Anne Bancroft.
The presence of "Destry" will probably be sufficiently tempting for me to buy this set. Kino's next all-Audie package, will supposed be completely made up of 60's titles. I feel certain it will include the great "Hell Bent for Leather" from 1960. Probably "Six Black Horses", also good, from '62. But whatever's on it, I'm definitely in. An Audie-matic purchase.
I think Kino went with titles that already have a good HD master.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

Coming in June!

Audie Murphy Collection II

Sierra (1950)
Wanda Hendrix, Burl Ives, Dean Jagger, Tony Curtis & James Arness – Shot by Russell Metty (Touch of Evil) – Directed by Alfred E. Green (Four Faces West).

Kansas Raiders (1950) Brian Donlevy, Marguerite Chapman, Scott Brady, Tony Curtis, Richard Arlene, Richard Long, James Best, Dewey Martin & Richard Egan – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Bend of the River) – Directed by Ray Enright (The Spoilers).

Destry (1954) Mari Blanchard, Lyle Bettger, Thomas Mitchell, Edgar Buchanan, Lori Nelson, Wallace Ford & Alan Hale Jr. – Shot by George Robinson (Gun for a Coward) – Directed by George Marshall (Destry Rides Again).

View attachment 179588
Just Destry making its home video debut. The other 2 were already out on DVD.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
One of my 10 all-time favorite movies! The first time I watched this movie over 50 years ago, I was about the same age as the boy in the movie and it scared the crap out of me. Just a great film that flopped at the box office. However, TV showings along with new reviewers and critics took a look at this movie, and discovered its greatness.
Blind Buy on your recommendation!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Hey, that's good!
To quote a KINO star ...
1680071580413.png
;) ...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Inter Positive!

Big Man on Campus (1989)
Starring Allan Katz, Corey Parker, Cindy Williams, Melora Hardin, Gerrit Graham, Jessica Harper, Tom Skerritt, John Finnegan & Armin Shimerman – Shot by Bojan Bazelli (The Ring) – Written by Star Allan Katz (TV’s M*A*S*H and Rhoda) – Directed by Jeremy Kagen (The Big Fix, The Sting II).

1680361254630.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Audie Murphy Collection III

Hell Bent for Leather (1960)
Felicia Farr, Stephen McNally & Robert Middleton – Shot by Clifford Stine (Gambit) – Directed by George Sherman (Big Jake).

Posse from Hell (1961) John Saxon, Zohra Lampert, Vic Morrow, Robert Keith, Royal Dano & Lee Van Cleef – Shot by Clifford Stine (This Island Earth) – Directed by Herbert Coleman (Battle at Bloody Beach).

Showdown (1963) Kathleen Crowley, Charles Drake, Harold J. Stone, Skip Homeier, L.Q. Jones, Strother Martin & Dabbs Greer – Shot by Ellis W. Carter (Twice-Told Tales) – Directed by R.G. Springsteen (Hostile Guns).

1680447707112.png

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
It's a little startling to hear the THIS ISLAND EARTH theme under the opening titles of POSSE FROM HELL. The black-and-white and 'late in the day' aspects of SHOWDOWN make it worth checking out. In that one, Murphy's reunited with his friend and frequent co-star Charles Drake, who appeared in about a half-dozen AM films, most famously TO HELL AND BACK. Drake was quite wonderful as the hand of heavenly justice taking on vaguely Satanic "man from nowhere" Murphy in Jack Arnold/Gene Coon's NO NAME ON THE BULLET, also available in a Kino AM collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks