What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 16th on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!
https://kinolorber.com/product/the-longest-yard-4kuhd

THE LONGEST YARD (1974)
• Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critics Alain Silver and James Ursini, Authors of What Ever Happened to Robert Aldrich?: His Life and His Films(4KUHD & Blu-ray)
• Audio Commentary by Star Burt Reynolds and Writer/Producer Albert S. Ruddy (4KUHD & Blu-ray)
Doing Time on THE LONGEST YARD: Featurette (Blu-ray)
Unleashing THE MEAN MACHINE: Featurette (Blu-ray)
• Theatrical Trailer – Newly Mastered in 4K (Blu-ray)
• Newly Commissioned Art by Sean Phillips
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcases
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc / Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 121 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Hollywood great Burt Reynolds (White Lightning, Semi-Tough) leads the downfield charge in this raucous, rough-and-tumble comedy-drama coached by legendary director Robert Aldrich (Vera Cruz, The Dirty Dozen). Reynolds plays one-time pro quarterback Paul Crewe, now behind bars for leading the state police on a wild chase in a “borrowed” car. Eddie Albert (Hustle) is the sadistic, scheming warden who recruits Crewe to form a team of convicts to go up against the warden’s polished, semi-pro team of prison guards in a championship game. Crewe has agreed that his crew—dubbed the “Mean Machine”—will provide only passive resistance to the squad of brutal guards. But the gridiron showdown turns into a gritty game of cunning strategy as the Mean Machine defies the warden’s iron-fisted control and attempts to go the distance in The Longest Yard. Featuring Ed Lauter, James Hampton, Michael Conrad, Bernadette Peters, Richard Kiel, Anitra Ford, Robert Tessier, Charles Tyner and a rowdy roster of real-life football greats, it’s survival of the fiercest. And the funniest!

Longest Yard.jpg

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Seeing THE LONGEST YARD in 1974 with a sold-out theatre audience counts as my favorite moviegoing experience.

The football game between the prisoners and the guards felt like I was actually at a football game with the audience cheering and laughing throughout the sequence. The closing scene of the film with prison warden Eddie Albert and Burt (No Spoilers) also brought chills as the crowd was totally immersed in the storyline.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
When movies were movies; Reynolds was terrific in this, and Eddie Albert once again reminded us of what a wonderful screen presence he was (his turn in THE HEARTBREAK KID was another solid reminder). This is the movie Al Ruddy chose to make instead of THE GODFATHER PART II. That alone makes it an interesting piece of cinema history.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 23rd!
https://kinolorber.com/product/my-man-godfrey

MY MAN GODFREY (1957)
• Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Interpositive
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic and Author Simon Abrams
• Theatrical Trailer (Newly Mastered in 2K)

Color 92 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
Based on the 1936 screwball classic starring William Powell and Carole Lombard, the 1957 remake of My Man Godfrey stars David Niven (Bedtime Story) and June Allyson (The Opposite Sex). On a mad scavenger hunt, socialite Irene Bullock (Allyson) stumbles upon grizzled street person Godfrey (Niven) underneath an East River bridge. Claiming him as a scavenger item, Irene wins the contest. Delighted and impressed with him, the daffy heiress makes him the new family butler. As Irene succumbs to his romantic charms, Godfrey slowly wins over the entire family with his extraordinary wit and style—all except Irene’s jealous sister Cordelia (Martha Hyer, Paris Holiday). This cunning, class-act comedy comes handsomely produced by Ross Hunter (There’s Always Tomorrow, The Art of Love) and directed by Henry Koster (The Bishop’s Wife, Flower Drum Song).

738329262792.jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Coming May 23rd!
https://kinolorber.com/product/my-man-godfrey

MY MAN GODFREY (1957)
• Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Interpositive
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic and Author Simon Abrams
• Theatrical Trailer (Newly Mastered in 2K)

Color 92 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
Based on the 1936 screwball classic starring William Powell and Carole Lombard, the 1957 remake of My Man Godfrey stars David Niven (Bedtime Story) and June Allyson (The Opposite Sex). On a mad scavenger hunt, socialite Irene Bullock (Allyson) stumbles upon grizzled street person Godfrey (Niven) underneath an East River bridge. Claiming him as a scavenger item, Irene wins the contest. Delighted and impressed with him, the daffy heiress makes him the new family butler. As Irene succumbs to his romantic charms, Godfrey slowly wins over the entire family with his extraordinary wit and style—all except Irene’s jealous sister Cordelia (Martha Hyer, Paris Holiday). This cunning, class-act comedy comes handsomely produced by Ross Hunter (There’s Always Tomorrow, The Art of Love) and directed by Henry Koster (The Bishop’s Wife, Flower Drum Song).

View attachment 179420
Two GREAT stars and great director too!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 23rd!
https://kinolorber.com/product/joy-house-1

JOY HOUSE (1964)
• 2K Restoration by Gaumont
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Includes Both the English and French Audio Tracks
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Reversible Art

B&W 97 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
A scorching love triangle ignites between the iconic Jane Fonda (Klute, Coming Home), sultry Lola Albright (Kid Galahad, Lord Love a Duck) and Alain Delon (The Sicilian Clan, Un Flic) in René Clément’s Joy House (Les Félins). Delon stars as Marc, a dashing young con man on the run from the mob. After seeking refuge in the Riviera villa of the widowed Barbara (Albright) and her curvaceous cousin, Melinda (Fonda), Marc becomes trapped in the passionate snares of both women, who are full of sinister surprises. A neglected masterpiece from director René Clément (Forbidden Games, Is Paris Burning?, Rider on the Rain, And Hope to Die), Joy House weaves a wicked web of hidden desires and all-too-human corruptions. Lalo Schifrin (Coogan’s Bluff) provides the eerie musical score; Henri Decaë (Le Samouraï) serves up the sumptuous cinematography. Joy House also known as The Love Cage features wonderful supporting performances by Sorrell Booke (Boss Hogg of TV’s The Dukes of Hazzard) and George Gaynes (Commandant Lassard of the Police Academy film series).

JH.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coming May 23rd!
https://kinolorber.com/product/joy-house-1

JOY HOUSE (1964)
• 2K Restoration by Gaumont
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• Includes Both the English and French Audio Tracks
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Reversible Art

B&W 97 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
A scorching love triangle ignites between the iconic Jane Fonda (Klute, Coming Home), sultry Lola Albright (Kid Galahad, Lord Love a Duck) and Alain Delon (The Sicilian Clan, Un Flic) in René Clément’s Joy House (Les Félins). Delon stars as Marc, a dashing young con man on the run from the mob. After seeking refuge in the Riviera villa of the widowed Barbara (Albright) and her curvaceous cousin, Melinda (Fonda), Marc becomes trapped in the passionate snares of both women, who are full of sinister surprises. A neglected masterpiece from director René Clément (Forbidden Games, Is Paris Burning?, Rider on the Rain, And Hope to Die), Joy House weaves a wicked web of hidden desires and all-too-human corruptions. Lalo Schifrin (Coogan’s Bluff) provides the eerie musical score; Henri Decaë (Le Samouraï) serves up the sumptuous cinematography. Joy House also known as The Love Cage features wonderful supporting performances by Sorrell Booke (Boss Hogg of TV’s The Dukes of Hazzard) and George Gaynes (Commandant Lassard of the Police Academy film series).

View attachment 179496
Oh, I'm very pleased about this. I saw this film in the 1960s when it was new but I've never seen it again, not even on television. Frankly, I don't remember much about it.

I'm a big admirer of Alain Delon and I've always like Lola Albright on the few occasions I've managed to see her in anything. This is one disc I will definitely be getting. May 23 is not far away!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New HD Master – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative!

The Last Tycoon (1976)
Starring Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Robert Mitchum, Tony Curtis, Jeanne Moreau, Donald Pleasence, Ray Milland, Dana Andrews, Ingrid Boulting, Peter Strauss, Theresa Russell, John Carradine, Jeff Corey, Seymour Cassel & Angelica Huston – Shot by Victor J. Kemper (Dog Day Afternoon) – Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago) – Produced by Sam Spiegel (Lawrence of Arabia) – Screenplay by Harold Pinter (The Servant) – Based on a Novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby) – Directed by Elia Kazan (On the Waterfront).

Oscar Nominee: Best Art Direction – Set Decoration

1679756465223.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in June!

Audie Murphy Collection II

Sierra (1950)
Wanda Hendrix, Burl Ives, Dean Jagger, Tony Curtis & James Arness – Shot by Russell Metty (Touch of Evil) – Directed by Alfred E. Green (Four Faces West).

Kansas Raiders (1950) Brian Donlevy, Marguerite Chapman, Scott Brady, Tony Curtis, Richard Arlene, Richard Long, James Best, Dewey Martin & Richard Egan – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Bend of the River) – Directed by Ray Enright (The Spoilers).

Destry (1954) Mari Blanchard, Lyle Bettger, Thomas Mitchell, Edgar Buchanan, Lori Nelson, Wallace Ford & Alan Hale Jr. – Shot by George Robinson (Gun for a Coward) – Directed by George Marshall (Destry Rides Again).

1679842850149.png

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in June!

Audie Murphy Collection II

Sierra (1950)
Wanda Hendrix, Burl Ives, Dean Jagger, Tony Curtis & James Arness – Shot by Russell Metty (Touch of Evil) – Directed by Alfred E. Green (Four Faces West).

Kansas Raiders (1950) Brian Donlevy, Marguerite Chapman, Scott Brady, Tony Curtis, Richard Arlene, Richard Long, James Best, Dewey Martin & Richard Egan – Shot by Irving Glassberg (Bend of the River) – Directed by Ray Enright (The Spoilers).

Destry (1954) Mari Blanchard, Lyle Bettger, Thomas Mitchell, Edgar Buchanan, Lori Nelson, Wallace Ford & Alan Hale Jr. – Shot by George Robinson (Gun for a Coward) – Directed by George Marshall (Destry Rides Again).

View attachment 179588
I stand to be corrected but I believe this is the U.S. debut of Destry which has never seen a domestic DVD release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks