What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

4K Restoration by Gaumont!

The Day and the Hour (1963)
Starring Simone Signoret, Stuart Whitman, Geneviève Page, Michel Piccoli, Reggie Nalder & Marcel Bozzuffi – Shot by Henri Decaë (Bob le Flambeur, Le Samouraï, The Sicilian Clan) – Directed by René Clément (Forbidden Games, Joy House, Is Paris Burning?, Rider on the Rain).

1678550458404.png

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Interpositive!

Death Machine (1994)
Starring Brad Dourif, Ely Pouget & William Hootkins – Shot by John de Borman (The Passion of Darkly Noon, The Full Monty) – Written & Directed by Stephen Norrington (Blade, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

1678633250015.png

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I saw this years ago and if you like WW2 movies then this is for you. I am fairly certain that this film has had no BD release anywhere and same maybe for DVD.
Not true, I have the French blu ray. Picture looks excellent so I won't upgrade but for those that don't have it, this should be a treat.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New HD Master – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm Interpositive!

Death Machine (1994)
Starring Brad Dourif, Ely Pouget & William Hootkins – Shot by John de Borman (The Passion of Darkly Noon, The Full Monty) – Written & Directed by Stephen Norrington (Blade, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

View attachment 178766
Does this mean a deal with Lionsgate, or some other entity with rights?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 16th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/hustle

HUSTLE (1975)
• Brand New HD Master – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critics Alain Silver and James Ursini, Authors of WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ROBERT ALDRICH?: HIS LIFE AND HIS FILMS
• Theatrical Trailer
• 8 TV Spots
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 120 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Jaded, cynical, edgy. The iconic Burt Reynolds (Shamus, Heat) is Lt. Phil Gaines, a case-hardened Los Angeles detective who finds himself drawn into a dark, complex puzzle that involves the death of a teenaged girl. Complicating his investigation is his sizzling relationship with an icy hooker, played by cinema goddess Catherine Deneuve (Belle de Jour, Mississippi Mermaid), who has a dangerous connection to the case—one of her high-powered clients is a main suspect. Moreover, the victim’s unstable father blurs the focus of Gaines’ investigation even further by embarking on his own erratic, inept sleuthing. Ben Johnson, Paul Winfield, Eileen Brennan, Eddie Albert, Ernest Borgnine and Jack Carter also star in a suspenseful, gritty tale of urban corruption and murder directed by the legendary Robert Aldrich (The Dirty Dozen, The Longest Yard).

738329262761.jpg

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Coming May 16th!

HUSTLE (1975)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critics Alain Silver and James Ursini, Authors of WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ROBERT ALDRICH?: HIS LIFE AND HIS FILMS
• Theatrical Trailer
• 8 TV Spots

Jaded, cynical, edgy. The iconic Burt Reynolds (Shamus, Heat) is Lt. Phil Gaines, a case-hardened Los Angeles detective who finds himself drawn into a dark, complex puzzle that involves the death of a teenaged girl. Complicating his investigation is his sizzling relationship with an icy hooker, played by cinema goddess Catherine Deneuve (Belle de Jour, Mississippi Mermaid), who has a dangerous connection to the case—one of her high-powered clients is a main suspect. Moreover, the victim’s unstable father blurs the focus of Gaines’ investigation even further by embarking on his own erratic, inept sleuthing. Ben Johnson, Paul Winfield, Eileen Brennan, Eddie Albert, Ernest Borgnine and Jack Carter also star in a suspenseful, gritty tale of urban corruption and murder directed by the legendary Robert Aldrich (The Dirty Dozen, The Longest Yard).

View attachment 178843
Kiss Me Deadly might be more genre specific

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 30th on 4KUHD!
https://kinolorber.com/product/the-night-of-the-hunter-4kuhd

THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER (1955)
• Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master – 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative (4KUHD)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Novelist and Critic Tim Lucas (4KUHD)
• Isolated Music and Effects Soundtrack (4KUHD)
LOVE AND HATE: Filmmaker Ernest Dickerson on The Night of the Hunter (Blu-ray)
LITTLE LAMBS: Actress Kathy Garver on The Night of the Hunter (Blu-ray)
HING, HANG, HUNG: Artist Joe Coleman on The Night of the Hunter (Blu-ray)
• Theatrical Trailer (Blu-ray)
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc

B&W 93 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
A tall, handsome “preacher”—his knuckles eerily tattooed with “love” and “hate”—roams the countryside, spreading the gospel…and leaving a trail of murdered women in his wake. To Reverend Harry Powell, the work of the Lord has more to do with condemning souls than saving them, especially when his own interests are involved. Now his sights are set on $10,000—and two little children are the only ones who know where it is. “Chill…dren!” the preacher croons to the terrified boy and girl hiding in the cold, dark cellar…innocent young lambs who refuse to be led astray. The legendary, lone directorial effort of actor Charles Laughton (Witness for the Prosecution), The Night of the Hunter stars Robert Mitchum (Out of the Past) in the most daring and critically acclaimed performance of his career, opposite the equally spellbinding Shelley Winters (He Ran All the Way) and Lillian Gish (Duel in the Sun). Ominous and hauntingly suspenseful, this extraordinary noir classic remains “one of the most frightening movies ever made” (Pauline Kael) and “one of the greatest of all American films” (Roger Ebert).

NIGHT_OF_THE_HUNTER_OCARD_flat.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

• Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master – 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative (4KUHD)
HUNG, HANG, HUNG: Artist Joe Coleman on The Night of the Hunter (Blu-ray)

A tall, handsome “preacher”—his knuckles eerily tattooed with “love” and “hate”—roams the countryside, spreading the gospel…and leaving a trail of murdered women in his wake. To Reverend Harry Powell, the work of the Lord has more to do with condemning souls than saving them, especially when his own interests are involved. Now his sights are set on $10,000—and two little children are the only ones who know where it is. “Chill…dren!” the preacher croons to the terrified boy and girl hiding in the cold, dark cellar…innocent young lambs who refuse to be led astray. The legendary, lone directorial effort of actor Charles Laughton (Witness for the Prosecution), The Night of the Hunter stars Robert Mitchum (Out of the Past) in the most daring and critically acclaimed performance of his career, opposite the equally spellbinding Shelley Winters (He Ran All the Way) and Lillian Gish (Duel in the Sun). Ominous and hauntingly suspenseful, this extraordinary noir classic remains “one of the most frightening movies ever made” (Pauline Kael) and “one of the greatest of all American films” (Roger Ebert).

View attachment 179111
One of my 10 all-time favorite movies! The first time I watched this movie over 50 years ago, I was about the same age as the boy in the movie and it scared the crap out of me. Just a great film that flopped at the box office. However, TV showings along with new reviewers and critics took a look at this movie, and discovered its greatness.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Coming May 16th!

HUSTLE (1975)
• Theatrical Trailer
• 8 TV Spots

View attachment 178843
I can recall seeing both Hustle and The Longest Yard as a double feature at The Paramount Theater in Indiana.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

HING, HANG, HUNG: Artist Joe Coleman on The Night of the Hunter (Blu-ray)

View attachment 179111
That's a preorder for me! I do like how there's some new extras, so there's a reason to also keep the Criterion Blu.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
One of my 10 all-time favorite movies! The first time I watched this movie over 50 years ago, I was about the same age as the boy in the movie and it scared the crap out of me. Just a great film that flopped at the box office. However, TV showings along with new reviewers and critics took a look at this movie, and discovered its greatness.
I agree, this was a marvelously acted film. However, I have trouble rewatching it, due to seeing children in danger. Just can’t find enjoyment from viewing real-world situations like that.
But Mitch is truly amazing in the role. One of the 20th century’s best actors!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tarinyanaka
    Recent bookmarks