What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!

Brand New 2023 HDR/Dolby Vision Master!

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Starring Kevin McCarthy, Dana Wynter, Larry Gates, King Donovan & Carolyn Jones – Shot by Ellsworth Fredericks (Sayonara) – Music by Carmen Dragon (Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye) – Screenplay by Daniel Mainwaring (Out of the Past) – Directed by Don Siegel (Hell Is for Heroes, Dirty Harry, Charley Varrick, Escape from Alcatraz).

View attachment 178176

I need to see what extras will be included as I have the Olive Signature Edition.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
After buying it twice on Blu-ray, why not a third time purchase on 4K/UHD.:)

For me, only if they are using a better source than the Olive brand had, but I doubt one exists. No OCN anymore, right? How is a 4K uptick going to make a huge difference?+

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956 is such a great film that even a tiny bit of "better" will get me.
I saw one person say this would be 1.85 and not SuperScope 2.00, but I don't know if that is correct or someone dreaming.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 9th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/stone-cold-special-edition

STONE COLD (1991)
• Brand New HD Masters - From 2K Scan of the 35mm InterPositive
THE BOZ Goes Hollywood: NEW Interview with Star Brian Bosworth
THE BROTHERHOOD: NEW Interview with Actor Lance Henriksen
BREAKING FREE: NEW Interview with Actress Arabella Holzbog
PLAYING STRAIGHT: NEW Interview with Actor Sam McMurray
• NEW Audio Commentary by Action Film Historians Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
• Two Theatrical Trailers (Newly Mastered in 2K)
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 92 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
When it comes to non-stop action, Stone Cold is red hot! NFL superstar Brian “The Boz” Bosworth (One Man’s Justice, Midnight Heat) makes his movie debut as John Stone, the only cop tough enough to take out a gang of stone-cold killers. Going undercover, he has to pose as an outlaw biker to win the trust of their diabolic leader Chains and his right-hand psychopath Ice, played by screen legends Lance Henriksen (Aliens, Hard Target) and William Forsythe (Out for Justice, The Devil’s Rejects). Stone soon discovers there’s more to these bikers than heavy metal mayhem. They’re plotting a paramilitary assault on the State Capitol, where one of their men has been sentenced to execution. In a spectacular climax, Stone is up against the gang and on his own. And the killers soon discover that if you go up against John Stone, he’ll burn you cold…Stone Cold. From director Craig R. Baxley (Action Jackson, I Come in Peace), it’s a full-tilt, in-your-face thriller packed with explosive effects and breathtaking high-wire tension!

Stone Cold.jpg

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Isn’t the negative gone?
Camera negative, yes. The anamorphic conformed internegative or some other element is likely what they’re using. If they had the OCN, it would be possible to do a full aperture harvest and release in Siegel‘s intended ratio, but that ship has sailed.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Isn’t the negative gone?

Camera negative, yes. The anamorphic conformed internegative or some other element is likely what they’re using. If they had the OCN, it would be possible to do a full aperture harvest and release in Siegel‘s intended ratio, but that ship has sailed.
It's even worse than that. The Superscope version of Body Snatchers was produced optically, basically the same process used to create fades and dissolves, with all the loss of sharpness, compromised contrast and grain buildup that entailed.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It's even worse than that. The Superscope version of Body Snatchers was produced optically, basically the same process used to create fades and dissolves, with all the loss of sharpness, compromised contrast and grain buildup that entailed.
Not sure that I believe all open matte elements are gone.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New HD Master – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative!

Paint Your Wagon (1969)
Starring Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, Jean Seberg, Harve Presnell, Ray Walston & H.B. Haggerty – Shot by William A. Fraker (Bullitt, Gator) – Screenplay by Paddy Chayefsky (Marty, Network) & Alan Jay Lerner (An American in Paris, Gigi) – Directed by Joshua Logan (Picnic, Camelot).
Oscar Nominee: Best Score (Nelson Riddle)

View attachment 178027
Oddly, I was just thinking about this picture.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD and Blu-ray!

Brand New 2023 HDR/Dolby Vision Master!

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Starring Kevin McCarthy, Dana Wynter, Larry Gates, King Donovan & Carolyn Jones – Shot by Ellsworth Fredericks (Sayonara) – Music by Carmen Dragon (Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye) – Screenplay by Daniel Mainwaring (Out of the Past) – Directed by Don Siegel (Hell Is for Heroes, Dirty Harry, Charley Varrick, Escape from Alcatraz).

View attachment 178176
This is wonderful. I always wanted to get the Olive Signature edition but this is even better. I purchased the 4K UHD edition of the 1978 remake in the last Kino-Lorber sale. I will get this one too.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Ditto on those two for commentary possibilities. Please, no David Del Valle.
I thank Kino-Lorber for releasing my favorite comedy “The Green Man” on blu-ray with a lovely quality. But I did not like the audio commentary by David Del Valle because he was not interested in the movie and did not hold it in high regard. He mostly just talked about the people involved in the acting and the making of The Green Man. Horrible.

Please bring us more audio commentary tracks from Julie Kirgo. I loved her impassioned commentary for the superb William Holden film The Counterfeit Traitor. Such a special movie. Thank you Kino-Lorber for that release!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 9th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/kamikaze

Luc Besson’s KAMIZAKE (1986)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Eddy Von Mueller
• Au coeur du cinéma: Interview with Director Didier Grousset (25:37) – In French with English Subtitles
• Objectif Kamikaze: Documentary (34:04) – In French with English Subtitles
• Theatrical Trailer (1:28) – In French with English Subtitles
• In French with Optional English Subtitles

Color 90 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
From co-writer/producer Luc Besson (La Femme Nikita, Léon: The Professional, The Fifth Element) comes the sharp and sumptuous sci-fi/comedy/thriller Kamikaze. Michel Galabru (Subway) is Albert. He’s old, bored, batty and unemployed…but brilliant with computers. Albert embarks on a mission to get rid of the people he hates most—the televised kind—and invents a way to kill TV announcers, on air, from the comfort of his own home. Police are baffled, but Richard Bohringer (The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover) as Inspector Romain Pascot dedicates himself to the chase. Also starring Dominique Lavanant (Roberto Benigni’s The Monster), the cult ’80s classic Kamikaze bursts with slick widescreen visuals by cinematographer Jean-François Robin (L’Amour Braque) and pulsing musical soundscapes by composer Éric Serra (GoldenEye), complementing the explosive satire on couch-potato culture.

738329262693.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 9th on Blu-ray & DVD!
https://kinolorber.com/product/the-experts-1

THE EXPERTS (1989)
• Brand New HD Master – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative by Paramount Pictures
• NEW Interview with Director Dave Thomas
• Theatrical Trailer (Newly Mastered in 2K)
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 94 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG-13
Screen legend John Travolta (Face-Off) and Arye Gross (The Couch Trip) star as two hip but down-on-their-luck New Yorkers who think they’re relocating to a small town in Nebraska to open a nightclub. What they don’t know is that they’ve been abducted by a KGB operative (Charles Martin Smith, The Hot Spot) to the Soviet Union, where they’ll unwittingly serve as “experts” on all things cool in America. The town, created expressly for KGB spies-in-training, includes seductive agent Kelly Preston (SpaceCamp), who gets into a real undercover situation with Travolta. Eventually, the two Yanks realize they’ve been duped and devise a spectacular escape. Directed by comedy great Dave Thomas (Strange Brew), this red-hot Cold War farce also features Deborah Foreman (Valley Girl), James Keach (Moving Violations) and Brian Doyle-Murray (Cabin Boy).

738329262716.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks