What's new

John Wayne on HD-DVD? (1 Viewer)

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
I know that "The Searchers" is out on HD-DVD already but does anyone know what other John Wayne films are available on the format? I noticed that Warner did a TON of Wayne releases today including a new spiffy 2 discer for at least True Grit and Rio Bravo on SD-DVD. I've searched on Amazon, DDD, and others trying to find what is out but none of those sites are very... well... HD-DVD search friendly that is for sure.

Any and all information is welcome. And... thanks in advance.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Rio Bravo and The Cowboys are expected out on June 5th on both HD DVD and Blu-ray.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

True Grit is a Paramount film. These two are from Warner. Not sure what Paramount's plans are with regard to the Wayne films in their library.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
You know what... I need to smack myself a few times. D'OH! Thanks Douglas. I forgotten it was Paramount who has the rights to True Grit since with all those other Waynes from Warner released/re-released today its easy to mix that up in there.

Hopefully there is an review of the SD-DVD release for True Grit. If all else I'll just buy the SD-DVD release if its good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks