What's new

Jeepers Creepers : SE DVD announced ! (1 Viewer)

chris rick

Second Unit
Ricky..have you seen the flick? If not, I personally would hold off on seing it...IMO, it is one of the absolutely worst films I've seen in a very long time...not even a good horror flick - lame dialogue with two young actors - gee that's original...on the plus side though the Creeper was amazing looking!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
On the other side of the coin - I enjoyed the movie.
The first 30 - 40 minutes were excellent! There was good suspense built up and an engrossing use of sound.
Once the cat was out of the bag ie showing the monster is when the movie declined.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Jeepers Creepers is an awesome film to say the least, and I am happy as hell to see that the DVD will have all those great extras! I can't wait to get ahold of this sucker! Jeepers Creepers rocks!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I cant wait. I thought the movie was great. Good suspense in the first 30-40 minutes and some great horror action towards the end. Great flick! Bring on the DVD! I want to see that alternate ending.

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
Neat truck. I wonder if it's some obscure model or a one-off for the movie. It might be interesting to see the alternate ending, which has to be an improvement.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I want to see the alternate ending just so I can see what else the filmakers had in mind. I had no problem with the ending of the movie as it was. The last image of the movie was IMHO very creepy and a good way to end the movie.

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
I loved the movie and I am excited and surprised to see the announcement for a special edition. I can't wait.
-Jerry

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are kidding, right?
This is the worst movie I have seen in a long, long while.
What was up with that horn? The only good thing that came out of the movie for me was the laugh I had when I heard it. Scary Movie 3 should have a hey day with this puppy.
Please, those of you that haven't seen this movie, I definitely recommend you rent these sucker before throwing your $$$ on it sight unseen.
To those of you who actually enjoyed it, well enjoy
smile.gif

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Anyone who says this film is bad obviously hasn't been keeping up with the modern horror scene, and how PATHETIC a lot of other films out there are that are released to theaters as "horror" movies.
Jeepers Creepers is the best horror/monster movie to come out of Hollywood in a good while, and I can't wait to see it on DVD. I don't know what the rest of you were expecting, but umm...enjoy Scream or something.

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Ricky,
I thoroughly enjoyed this film & will be adding it to my collection....Chris I'm supprised at your comments considering it was at one point the #1 horror flick in the country! IMHO a must have for any horror film buff!!
------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
No, Michael we are not kidding. See there are these great things called opinions that most people have. Yours just differs from ours. If you didn't like it that is fine. That is your opinion but the least you can do is substantiate why didn't like the movie.
Chris up above posted his dislike for the film but he at least he gave examples of what he didn't like.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This film is excellent as I said above. Michael, I don't kid about my opinions on horror films, because I am very passionate about them. This film is awesome!
[Edited last by Justin_S on October 19, 2001 at 06:31 PM]

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Geez, didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers.
For what its worth, here are the reasons why I thought this movie was laughable at best. I actually was excited about this movie when I saw the trailers for it. However, I was very dissapointed and we (went with my wife and another couple) almost decided to get up and walk out after we had wasted over an hour of our lives. I thought the acting was notably bad, the plot had so many holes that that thing could have driven its rig through them.
Spoiler:I think my main disappointment was that they actually showed the creature. It would have been a lot more spooky and suspenseful had they not shown the creature so much, bad enough they showed him in detail then even worse when they couldn't keep him out of the camera. When the thing started flapping its wing while laying in the road, well the entire theater busted out laughing. Also, I thought it was really great how the creature had enough time to go down to the DMV and get a nice personalized plate (or was that supposed to be coincidence?) Also, the song, give me a break...What? could the creature control what radio stations play or was that coincidence as well? And why didn't that one psychic lady get taken out when she first called the kids at the gas station. (If you remember "Jeepers Creepers" was playing at her house and she said that whenever you heard that song you were in trouble...weird.)
Oh well, maybe I am just getting too old but this movie didn't give me or anyone in my party a scare for a second. And in case you are curious the teenie-bopper scare shows today don't do it for me either. I miss the good old days when horror was horror.
You know what they say, to each their own. I am glad you guys liked it but I would still recommend to other folks out there, who haven't seen this flick yet, a rental before a purchase. I doubt this will float everyones boat.
However, the DVD looks loaded and should be an excellent package for those who liked the movie. Enjoy :)
[Edited last by MichaelO on October 20, 2001 at 07:52 PM]

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I don't support films directed by convicted pedophiles ...Polanski would be my one sin in that regard (as far as I know, that is).
On a related topic to this thread, why do new flops like this that haven't had time enough to develop a "cult" following (ala'The Thing) get Special Editions while many great films from the past get jack squat?
------------------
-Kevin M.
I can brave the nastiest weather, even when it's eighty below.
My Pa was an Elephant, but that's irrelevant,
My Ma was an Eskimo."
- Cannibal the Musical.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Um, Jeepers Creepers wasn't a flop, Kevin. It cost a microscopic $10 million to make and grossed well over 150% of that in its first weekend alone. It set a box office record, actually, as the highest grossing debut over any Labor Day weekend.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Ah, I stand corrected. But I still won't support the director or any of his works with my money.
------------------
-Kevin M.
I can brave the nastiest weather, even when it's eighty below.
My Pa was an Elephant, but that's irrelevant,
My Ma was an Eskimo."
- Cannibal the Musical.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
And that's your choice.
A few spoilers
One thing that the movie didn't do especially well was discussing the films title. There is no real connection with the monster and the song. The song only comes in because the psychic hears it when the kid is being worked on. The variation on the radio and while on the phone don't cause the monster to attack because there's no connection.
I for one liked it, but I'm still on the fence as to if it's a purchase. At least I know it will have a solid release.

Philip Klein

Stunt Coordinator
Actually it was a flop, most movies are. Very few turn a profit solely from box office takes. If Jeepers had made $100 million in its box office, it would still be in the hole about $3 million. Producers don't receive much of the box office. The cost for making, marketing, and distributing a film are mind warping. Profits come from TV rights, home video, cable, etc.. That being the case it is important for films to have success at the box office to increase demands in these other avenues. Jeepers may well be profitible eventually.
On the other hand I'm looking forward to getting this DVD, should be fun, since I refused to pay to see it at the sugar water house( Theater ). Best thing about Home video. Watch it as much as I want for one low price.
[Edited last by Philip Klein on October 21, 2001 at 09:45 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks