What's new

Jeepers Creepers : SE DVD announced ! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The studio just sent me a VHS screener on Friday of
Jeepers Creepers.
I don't know why they end out these VHS
screeners in the first place. This is
a forum that reviews DVD product.
However....
Based on what you guys are saying, I think
I may just watch the movie on VHS. I can't
review it, but at least I can see if I want
to purchase it on DVD when it comes out.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Greeting and Salutations
WOW ! Ron that is awsome
Will you be getting a DVD screener nearer the time or since you have the vhs you are not that bothered ?

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
i thought this was a great movie.. until about the last thirty mins where i felt like i should i have walked out.. but anyways. this really worked to me. the fact the dvd has an alternate ending has me. and Gina Philips looked amazing in this movie..

Blu

Screenwriter
I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, it had me wincing at parts and not wanting to watch what was going to happen next! It wasn't that gory but it had some suspenseful parts!
All in all a guilty pleasure and a DVD buy if it has that kind of packaging for me!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
It's budget is $10 million, MGM pays only $2.5 mil for domestic distribution, it gets $37 mil in US grosses and it's a flop? For some reason I don't think we were subjected to a $20m ad campaign. This one is a success by any measure. And well deserved IMO.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I really liked the first two acts of this one, and am looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes and alternate ending.
I was hoping for a director's cut of some sort, because the current ending is just infuriating.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

Philip Klein

Stunt Coordinator
Well except for the fact, Alex, that a "Hollywood" picture AVERAGES $20 million in p&a (that's prints and advertising), a major will only be able to collect at best 50% of gross (depending if a theater meets its "nut" and the film is moderately successful), and except for movies such as Jurassic Park, studios look to make their money in ancillary exploitation (video rentals and sales, pay and free TV, and airplane, cruise lines, and hotel services). So unless Jeepers is a home theater bonanza, it could very well be a flop and most likely is already. Anybody heard about Jeepers 2 ( not saying that there won't be). You shouldn't let your personal feelings about a film cloud the realities of the business. Theaters are not in the business of projecting films. They're in the business of selling sugar water and popcorn. Studios and theaters make deals and if weekly expectations don't come to pass, a studio well get less than 50%. These contracts are not made for each picture projected, but to insure future films can get on screens. This ends todays lecture on the industry. I like lots of flops too.
Jeez, I know way to much about the financial side of film. LMAO

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
"We're already in talks," say MGM distribution pres Bob Levin. "We're very interested in doing a sequel for a picture like this that performs so well."
The ad campaign for this one was very low key, certainly smaller than any other recent horror releases like Urban Legend 2. Considering their inventment in the film was $2.5 mil and ads and prints, this is a profit unless they had an ad campaign in excess of $15 mil. Even with a 50/50 split, they had close to $19 mil between them. I just think you're really reaching to call this a flop, and the studio disagrees as well. Dump some extra dollars overseas and the original developer should be happy as well.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Last I heard off Dark Horizons is that there
will in fact be a sequel to Jeepers Creepers.
It was green lighted recently actualy like
a month ago. So Im looking forward to the
sequel now, even though I didn't really like
the first one. Im also looking forward to
these deleted scenes and the alternate
ending. I wonder if the alternate ending
is a happy ending but they decided to cut
to make it original. Who knows?, we will see
soon I guess.
-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks