What's new

JBL Subwoofer - JBL S120PII (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
They are pretty good. Somebody toughted a Velodyne CHT-12 available for less money though.

I blew two of these subs, before getting the 15" Velodyne, but the output seemed respectable on the S120PII's...

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
I had one - it was probably the best looking sub I've ever owned, but unfortunately there were problems:

- Very mushy sound.
- The gain control had to be advanced about 90% of full scale to get it to match the gain of my front speakers on my Rat Shack SPL meter.

I returned it (I had a 30-day no questions return offered with the sub) and purchased a PC-Ultra. I'm now a happy camper!! :)

- Bill

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Over the course of time here on the Forum, it seems as though the JBL has had it's fair share of problems alright. I cant help but wonder if the Velodyne CHT-12 might be the better choice? I do know from past experience that their pretty bullet-proof and do provide excellent customer service to boot.

http://ecoustics.pricegrabber.com/se...sterid=670988/

Drew_W

Screenwriter
My friend has one. Good sub, sounds good in his room. Nice hard hit-in-the-chest thump.

Room acoustics play a huge role in the effect of subs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks