What's new

It's About Time...Finally (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Some shows reflect more reality about society than people like to think. Like for instance the greater "reality" one can find in older Christmas episodes that reflect a basic acknowledgment of certain things that later era shows refuse to do so (one reason why the Van Dyke Christmas show is always worth another look!) :)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Ha. You must be a straight white guy or you wouldn't be in such a hurry to set your time machine for 1950.

And we all know what racist homophobic misogynist fascist Nazi scum they are, don't we? Maybe you could kill them all and save the world. Sorry Mike, had to throw that in, too much of that shite in the air these days.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But here it ends now, won't it?

It will.

Or the bans/suspensions will start flying.

This is a simple thread about a simple show from a simple time. Let's have a simple discussion about the show and not about each other.

ANY further remarks directed at another member will trigger swift moderator response.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Just saw the artwork. I am surprized at how juvenile it looks. It looks like the artwork of a young child. Oh well, as long as it comes out but I wonder if they are trying to go as cheap as you can.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the artwork. I am surprized at how juvenile it looks. It looks like the artwork of a young child. Oh well, as long as it comes out but I wonder if they are trying to go as cheap as you can.

Considering how juvenile the show is, quite appropriate wouldn't you say?

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert

I just saw the artwork too and I agree. I thought they would have a cast photo on the cover. I'm just happy to have it released on dvd. I never got Antenna TV so I only caught an episode here and there and I thought it was funny. I don't mind silly, goofy humor at all. In fact, in today's world, I welcome it as an escape from all of the serious harsh tones of the world. Why can't people like what they like?! It's not like it REALLY affects anyone if I like a show or not. Anyhow, I hope ClassicFlix releases more vintage tv. I'd like to see sets of "The Girl With Something Extra" and "Grindl" (Imogene Coca's other one-season series).

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I just saw the artwork too and I agree. I thought they would have a cast photo on the cover. I'm just happy to have it released on dvd. I never got Antenna TV so I only caught an episode here and there and I thought it was funny. I don't mind silly, goofy humor at all. In fact, in today's world, I welcome it as an escape from all of the serious harsh tones of the world. Why can't people like what they like?! It's not like it REALLY affects anyone if I like a show or not. Anyhow, I hope ClassicFlix releases more vintage tv. I'd like to see sets of "The Girl With Something Extra" and "Grindl" (Imogene Coca's other one-season series).
Certain folks on here just have to be killjoys.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
It doesn't bother me and somehow seems to fit the show. But then for all releases, I watch the show and rarely look at cover/disc art.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I agree, it is innocent fun. I remember the lunchbox when it came out in maybe 1967. I was in a supermarket and the astronauts and dinosaur attracted my attention. I like Imogene Coca and Joe E. Ross. I thought Frank Aletter was good however, Jack Mullaney was hard to watch.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It doesn't bother me and somehow seems to fit the show. But then for all releases, I watch the show and rarely look at cover/disc art.

Whenever the topic of artwork complaints come up, my usual response is

"Let's be serious, this is the extent of the "artwork" you'll see 99% of the time:

monk-1-8-32-disc-set-dvd-us-version-139632.jpg

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is a lousy cover. I wish they would have used something from the actual title of the show:

Its_About_Time_Title.png

Or something like this:

itsabouttimecb.jpg

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Reading through some of this thread, got me curious about the show, as I didn't remember much about it except the title and theme song. So I started skimming a few "It's About Time" clips online and, wow, the Gilligan's Island connections are all over this show.

Many of G. Island's "signature" music cues are just lifted and replaced on Time. The lagoon set, the jungle set, and even the same props are just re-used from Gilligan to Time. I even recognized one of the main actors on Time, as a guest on Gilligan. Starting to wonder if the Professor or Mary Ann are going to show up at any minute.

As a big Gilligan's Island fan, I'm looking forward to getting this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks