What's new

It's About Time...Finally (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
My saga getting this damn set continues. It took Amazon forever to ship it out. Now, it just arrived and the discs are all scratched. So I am returning it and God knows when I'll receive the replacement. I'm sure it'll be a while before I get to watch this set. LOL!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The only multi-season series that Warner released that have any DVD-Rs are the FBI (Seasons 1 and 2), Medical Center (Season 1), and The Courtship of Eddie's Father (Season 1). I'm going from memory, but that is all I am aware of.
Correct those are the only multi season Warner archive TV shows released on DVD-R all others have been pressed including Eight is enough. Unless you order them from Amazon since Amazon has their own plant for making DVD-R's.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I agree that It's About Time is an excellent release with excellent transfers . Too bad the cover wasn't better , Doesn't this company plan to release Lock Up with Macdonald Carey soon ? Anyone have a release date on that one? I'm hoping we'll see more shows like these two, from this company and am wondering what else they might release .

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I kind of like the cover. It fits the overall theme and feel of the show.
The design isn't bad - kind of like an old Dell comic book! But I would have liked to see a photo of the cast - maybe kind of like the Dell It's About Time comic book!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I,m glad for those that enjoy this series that it is available to you but, to be honest, I have watched five or six episodes on cable within the past year and just don't find it appealing to me, I have seen both episodes in the past and those in the 'current' time and just don't find it funny,

But I am glad for those that like it. I had long waits for various series that I like and it's a good day when they are finally available.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, I got an email from Screen Archives Entertainment announcing titles from Classicflix that are low in quantity and OOP with limited stock.

Among the Noir titles I saw, this series It’s About Time was included. I’d never seen this series before, but I must have seen something as I suddenly remembered the catchy theme song. I don’t know all the lyrics, but the first few. I have no recollection of the show, just the theme song.

I’ve of course seen and know Gilligan’s Island and The Brady Bunch, but I don’t own any Sherwood Schwartz TV series. This one has me curious to check it out, but like Tom above, I suspect it might be fun for a few episodes and then get old. But still curious. Given physical media will go the way of the dinosaur, I’m strangely curious to just add it to the collection. It almost sounds like the plot of the first three Planet of the Apes films where the astronaut goes to a backward world, in this case the prehistoric era, and then forward in time to present day.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
It's quite similar to Gilligan's Island in several ways... IMHO the first half, where the astronauts go into the past, is far better than the 2nd half when the astronauts return to the current time but drag along a few folks from the stone age. At that point it's kind of like The Beverly Hillbillies but not as good or funny. At a single season it really doesn't wear out its welcome though you likely *will* grow a bit tired of it by the time it's over.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
It's under $12 at Hamilton Books.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Howie for the insight and thanks Darin for the shopping option. I’ll think about it.

I watched the opening and closing titles on YouTube. Definitely didn’t see that show!

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^
They had different lyrics to the theme song when the premise was reversed mid-season!

I read one time, and probably mentioned it on this thread, that Sherwood Schwartz was looking for another series to produce that could also use sets from Gilligan's Island and this is how the show came to be. I happen to like watching all the wacky sitcom premises from the 1960's regardless of quality, heh! They all are definitely something different. This one has two great comedic talents in it, too, Imogene Coca and Joe E. Ross, and noted character actor Mike Mazurki. Also appealing are Frank Aletter (he was married to Lee Meriwether who was doing the Time Tunnel that same year) and John Mullaney who was in My Living Doll.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
The Screen Archives email reminder is what prompted me to order this silly bit of nostalgic visitation back to the 60s. I’m not particularly prone to revisit TV shows of any era. I watched Dynasty live weekly but wouldn’t be tempted to binge watch the many seasons now however much campy fun they were at the time. I’ve finally made it to about 1/3 the way through I Love Lucy Season 5 over a period of time (they’re off to Europe). I need to start Mission: Impossible but keep getting distracted. I agree with the calls for Grindl because anything with Imogene Coca is welcome. Other fondly remembered obscurities like Camp Runamuck and The Baileys of Balboa are likely better left to memory than they’d play out rewatched, but innocent nostalgia and innocuous comedy should count for something. Anyway, I made another rare exception and ordered It’s About Time with no illusions, and I’m looking forward to it.

Last edited:

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
My problem with the show is that the two astronauts weren't different enough. Their personalities were too similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks