What's new

It's About Time...Finally (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
As a big Gilligan's Island fan, I'm looking forward to getting this set.

I watched the reruns on Antenna TV and I noticed the Gilligan similarities, too, but I thought the two lead actors who played the astronauts were bland and not funny. The main difference was Gilligan Island had better casting.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
It's up for pre-order at Amazon. Current price is $19.99. While I'll be thrilled if the price drops I'm more than happy with that amount.

I kind of like the artwork. It looks suitably pre-historic:
81pTEwcaFqL._SY445_.jpg

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know what's going on with this release? I had pre-ordered through Amazon but they still haven't shipped my order. Now it says "Available in 1-4 weeks" and other online stores are listing it as "backordered".
I highly doubt THAT many people ordered it that it sold out so fast. LOL!

rwd11954

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ Dixon
Whatever the problem, it was addressed quickly. Mine was shipped yesterday (6/30) and Amazon says it will be delivered by tomorrow (7/2/) night.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I received notification today (Saturday) from Amazon of a delivery estimate between July 17 - 27.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Seems to be a little blood feud going on between Neil Brock and Ron1973 regarding this release. Personally, I see both sides here and lean ever so slightly to Neil's point of view. There's nothing wrong with release obscure 'cult' followings to disc. In point of fact, they all should be receiving disc releases. And in a perfect world - they would. But there are, in fact, tons of bona fide and legendary TV product from virtually every decade from the fifties through the late eighties that have yet to arrive on the scene.

Still, it's more than disheartening not to have beloved series like Peyton Place, Bonanza, Dr. Kildare, Ben Casey, Marcus Welby, Angie, St. Elsewhere, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Crazy Like A Fox, Family Affair, Falcon Crest, Eight is Enough, Picket Fences, Knot's Landing, etc. et al on home video, or fragmented offerings like The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson or The Carol Burnett Show in only 'best of' disc offerings and then see something like 'It's About Time' be given infinitely more love and affection ahead of the aforementioned TV iconography that has been left to badly fade away. Not saying one should be overthrown for the other. It's an apples to oranges comparison actually. Cult vs. classic. But there's room for both in tandem, n'est pas?

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Surely all of Dr. Kildare has been released on DVD? Personally I am pleased that It's About Time is being released on DVD. I have heard of it but never seen it. As regards comedies I am sorry that He and She, My World and Welcome to It, and Nanny and the Professor are at the moment not available on DVD.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Seems to be a little blood feud going on between Neil Brock and Ron1973 regarding this release. Personally, I see both sides here and lean ever so slightly to Neil's point of view. There's nothing wrong with release obscure 'cult' followings to disc. In point of fact, they all should be receiving disc releases. And in a perfect world - they would. But there are, in fact, tons of bona fide and legendary TV product from virtually every decade from the fifties through the late eighties that have yet to arrive on the scene.

Still, it's more than disheartening not to have beloved series like Peyton Place, Bonanza, Dr. Kildare, Ben Casey, Marcus Welby, Angie, St. Elsewhere, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Crazy Like A Fox, Family Affair, Falcon Crest, Eight is Enough, Picket Fences, Knot's Landing, etc. et al on home video, or fragmented offerings like The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson or The Carol Burnett Show in only 'best of' disc offerings and then see something like 'It's About Time' be given infinitely more love and affection ahead of the aforementioned TV iconography that has been left to badly fade away. Not saying one should be overthrown for the other. It's an apples to oranges comparison actually. Cult vs. classic. But there's room for both in tandem, n'est pas?
No, I don't see it as a blood feud at all. I simply tire of the attitude of if it is not some sort of high brow show to his liking, it doesn't deserve a release. If personal opinions were what counted, I could list plenty of shows I felt weren't deserving. I'm happy for anyone who gets their holy grail, just as I'd hope they'll be happy for me when I finally see CBS bring forth the rest of my beloved Clampett family!

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
It's more than disheartening not to have beloved series like Family Affair, Dr. Kildare, Eight Is Enough, Bonanza, Marcus Welby M.D., St. Elsewhere, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Falcon Crest and Knots Landing on home video.
Actually, MPI Home Video has released all five seasons of Family Affair on DVD in Region 1 format.
From 2006-2008, MPI Home Video released all five seasons on DVD. Those DVD releases are all still in print.
All 138 episodes are presented in uncut and unedited form on DVD.
I have all five seasons of this Brian Keith, Sebastian Cabot, Kathy Garver, Johnny Whitaker and Anissa Jones sitcom on DVD.
This classic, funny and spectacular TV sitcom originally aired on CBS from 1966-1971.

Warner Bros. has released all five seasons of Dr. Kildare on DVD-R in Region 1 format via their Warner Archive Collection.
I despise DVD-R's immensely and I refuse to have anything to do with Warner Archive.
This medical drama TV Series originally aired on NBC from 1961-1966 and it had 191 episodes.

Warner Bros. has released all five seasons of Eight Is Enough in Region 1 format.
Seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5 were issued only as DVD-R's via their Warner Archive Collection.
This comedy-drama TV Series originally aired on ABC from 1977-1981 and it had 112 episodes.

CBS/Paramount has released the first eight seasons of Bonanza on DVD in Region 1 format.
Unfortunately, CBS/Paramount still hasn't gotten around to releasing Seasons 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 on DVD yet.
This television western series originally aired on NBC from 1959-1973 and it had 431 episodes.

Shout! Factory has released the first two seasons of Marcus Welby, M.D. on DVD in Region 1 format.
Unfortunately, Shout! Factory still hasn't gotten around to releasing Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 on DVD yet.
This medical drama TV Series originally aired on ABC from 1969-1976 and it had 169 episodes.

20th Century Fox released the first season of St. Elsewhere on DVD in Region 1 format on November 28, 2006.
The 4-disc DVD release of Season 1 is out-of-print.
Unfortunately, all four discs were double-sided flipper discs.
Unfortunately, Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 still haven't been released on Region 1 DVD's yet.
This medical drama / comedy TV Series originally aired on NBC from 1982-1988 and it had 137 episodes.

CBS/Paramount has released the first three seasons of The Love Boat on DVD in Region 1 format.
Unfortunately, CBS/Paramount still hasn't gotten around to releasing Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 on DVD yet.

Sony has released the first season of Fantasy Island on DVD in Region 1 format.
Shout! Factory has released the second and third seasons on DVD in Region 1 format.
Unfortunately, Seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7 haven't been released on Region 1 DVD's yet.
This TV Series originally aired on ABC from 1977-1984 and it had 154 episodes.

Warner Bros. has released the first three seasons of Falcon Crest in Region 1 format.
Seasons 2 and 3 were issued only as DVD-R's via their Warner Archive Collection.
Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 still haven't been released yet.
If those final six seasons ever do get released, it would obviously be just DVD-R releases.
This prime time television soap opera originally aired on CBS from 1981-1990 and it had 227 episodes.

Warner Bros. has released the first two seasons of Knots Landing on DVD in Region 1 format.
Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 still haven't been released in Region 1 format yet.
If those final twelve seasons ever do get released, it would most likely be just DVD-R releases.
This prime time television soap opera originally aired on CBS from 1979-1993 and it had 344 episodes.

Now to the topic of this thread, I've never seen any episodes of It's About Time.
I have no idea if I'll ever buy this fantasy/science-fiction/comedy TV Series on DVD.
This TV Series originally aired on CBS from 1966-1967 and it had 26 episodes.

TV Series' Region 1 DVD releases that I'm planning to buy before the end of 2017 are,
Bearcats! (The Complete Series)
Blue Thunder (The Complete Series)
Charlie's Angels (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4)
Daniel Boone (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)
Night Gallery (Seasons 1, 2 and 3)
Perry Mason (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9)
Perry Mason Movie Collection (Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)
Police Story (Seasons 1 and 2)
Scarecrow and Mrs. King (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4)
The Munsters (Seasons 1 and 2)
The Oregon Trail (The Complete Series)
The Paper Chase (Seasons 1, 2 and 3)
The Twilight Zone (The Complete Definitive Edition 28-disc DVD box set released by Image Entertainment in 2006)
The Untouchables (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4)

If Shout! Factory releases the sixth season of Daniel Boone on DVD later this year, then I would buy that this year too.

I won't ever be buying the individual Region 1 release of the fifth season of Charlie's Angels because it's a DVD-R release.
I won't ever be buying any of the Complete Series DVD box sets of Charlie's Angels due to the atrocious packaging.
Sony was the first DVD distributor to release all five seasons of this TV Series in Region 1 format.
If Kate Jackson hadn't been one of the stars of this show, then I wouldn't have ever considered buying any of the seasons.
She was a full-time cast member in Seasons 1, 2 and 3.
She didn't appear in Seasons 4 and 5.
This TV Series originally aired on ABC from 1976-1981 and it had 116 episodes when including the 90-minute pilot episode.
That 90-minute pilot episode aired on ABC six months and one day before Season 1 premiered on ABC.

I watched all 23 episodes from the first season of The Rookies on DVD last month.
It appears that all 23 of those episodes were presented in uncut and unedited form on that Sony five-disc DVD set.
I'll begin watching the Shout! Factory released Season 2 six-disc DVD set later this month.
Kate Jackson was phenomenal in this police procedural television series.
She was a full-time cast member in all four seasons.
The only episode that she didn't appear in was the 90-minute pilot episode.
That 90-minute pilot episode aired on ABC six months and 4 days before Season 1 premiered on ABC.
This television series originally aired on ABC from 1972-1976 and it had 93 episodes when including the pilot episode.
It's such a travesty that the pilot episode hasn't been released on DVD yet.

Last edited:

rwd11954

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ Dixon
Got my copy via Amazon this week and have already binge-watched the first half dozen episodes. The picture and sound quality is excellent for a 50 year-old show that probably was not remastered. The interview with Pat Cardi (last surviving cast member?) is most interesting. Sure, the show is poorly written and corny, but worth the 20 buck expense.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Actually, MPI Home Video has released all five seasons of Family Affair on DVD in Region 1 format.

Warner Bros. has released all five seasons of Dr. Kildare on DVD-R in Region 1 format via their Warner Archive Collection.
I despise DVD-R's immensely and I refuse to have anything to do with Warner Archive.
This medical drama TV Series originally aired on NBC from 1961-1966 and it had 191 episodes.

Warner Archive release several of their TV series on pressed discs. This was the case with Dr Kildare. All five seasons that I have are on pressed discs.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Warner Archive release several of their TV series on pressed discs. This was the case with Dr Kildare. All five seasons that I have are on pressed discs.

The only multi-season series that Warner released that have any DVD-Rs are the FBI (Seasons 1 and 2), Medical Center (Season 1), and The Courtship of Eddie's Father (Season 1). I'm going from memory, but that is all I am aware of.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Got my copy and watching it. I am very happy with the quality. THe colors are so vibrant, oicture sharp, audio is very good. The episodes with a short desription are on the inside covers. I am happy with this purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks