What's new

It's About Time...Finally (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Alright it may be a silly sit-com but I remember it when it originally aired. I also have the original lunchbox. Got to get this one.
For such a short-lived show it is fondly remembered
itsabouttime.jpg

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I didn't see this show very much when it first aired , but when I did see it I enjoyed it . Joe E Ross ,and Imogene Coca - I'll be looking forward to ordering this .

moviepas

Supporting Actor
A few years ago some one in Canada had this on pirate DVDs and a friend imported it. He remembered the show playing her in Australia but I did not. It was all very pink and worthless so this set should correct this tragedy.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
^There are times, even at my age, when those shows are great. When you just want some simple, stupidly fun, turn-your-brain-off entertainment to get away for a few minutes.
Right! The Three Stooges were masters of that type of entertainment ,and we all enjoy it once in a while .

George Mouratidis

Auditioning
Real Name
George Mouratidis
I am happy about getting - It's About Time.
Still stands up well- my favourite character is "Boss".
I wish he continued into season 2.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I am happy about getting - It's About Time.
Still stands up well- my favourite character is "Boss".
I wish he continued into season 2.
There was no season 2. Boss and Clon were left behind in episode 20 when the series was retooled in an effort to boost ratings, which saw the astronauts going home along with Shad, Gronk, Mlar, and Breer, to modern (1967) LA. It didn't work. Those last half dozen episodes reversed the premise and were similar in style to The Beverly Hillbillies with the cavemen encountering modern times and being the fish-out-of-water.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
^There are times, even at my age, when those shows are great. When you just want some simple, stupidly fun, turn-your-brain-off entertainment to get away for a few minutes.
So true. This entertainment isn't going to win any awards but it is simple fun. I know a lot of people can not return to these shows and enjoy them. I am glad I never had that problem. Joe E. Ross is always good. Imogene Coca is also excellent. Just relax and don't ask for too much.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
As with all Sherwood Schwartz shows, great theme song and great show when you are 8 years old.
Yes, we realize it isn't Lou Grant or The Defenders. We know it isn't your cup of tea, but it also isn't necessary that you have to make it known.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Did they ever explain how it was that the cavemen spoke English?
They called up to the ship and had Uhura tie in the Universal Translator ... besides that blonde Persian chick Jeannie spoke 'merican ... why not "cavemen" they made tasty cereals as well
tic452.jpg
;)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Well, I'd say "I Dream of Jeannie" was a fantasy. Since Jeannie could do magic, she could speak English.

"It's About Time" was science fiction, so there should be some logical explanation for things. I can accept a Universal Translator, I guess.

Believe me, that was the least of this show's problems, if I'm allowed to express an opinion on a forum dedicated to the expression of opinions.

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
Well, I'd say "I Dream of Jeannie" was a fantasy. Since Jeannie could do magic, she could speak English.

"It's About Time" was science fiction, so there should be some logical explanation for things. I can accept a Universal Translator, I guess.

Believe me, that was the least of this show's problems, if I'm allowed to express an opinion on a forum dedicated to the expression of opinions.

Unfortunately, I agree. I had/have a poor quality boot of this series, and it was even less funny than Gilligan's Island. It was basically the same show but with a different setting.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Ironically, this sitcom that involves time traveling starred Frank Aletter who at the time was married to Lee Meriwether, who that same season was appearing on "The Time Tunnel."

That''s what's known as a cosmic irony. James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks