What's new

Is this possible? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
Has anyone ever went back to the place where they bought there tv and complained of it working like crap and got it replaced?

I bought a floor model 36" JVC HDTV and it is about to go on its third tube due to a purity problem.

I am thinking of going back to the store and complaining about it. Is there any chance that they will refund my tv or give me store credit towards a different tv?

Thanks.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I bought a floor model 36" JVC HDTV and it is about to go on its third tube due to a purity problem.
It's possible that the warranty has a three strikes clause. This is when you have it repaired for the same problem repeatedly, on the third time they will just replace the set. You should look into that.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
It's possible that the warranty has a three strikes clause. This is when you have it repaired for the same problem repeatedly, on the third time they will just replace the set. You should look into that.
yes, on the back of the reciept it says if 3 services are performed within 1 year, the tv will be fixed.

this will be the 2nd time the tube is replaced so i guess i gotta hope this one doesnt work and then another one doesnt work to get a new tv, right? since this is an older model, would i get the new model. this one is the jvc av36p903 HDTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks