is there or is they not on the 3802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by gene avallon, Jul 9, 2002.

1. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

lets say im watchin a movie on HD on dish its in stero,then a new movie comes on and its 5.1 will I see a change on the screen of the 3802 to let me know its 5.1. hope thats clear.thanks
    gene[​IMG]

2. James Elvick

James Elvick Supporting Actor

Hello,
    You will not see anything on the TV screen. Thedisplay of the receiver will change to reflect that the program is 5.1, but nothing on your TV.
    James

3. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

ok I got that,but what will be on the receiver screen that was not on it before 5.1 came on.im looking for something to tell 5.1 just came on.
    gene[​IMG]

4. Calvin S

Calvin S Agent

The front of the reciever should change to DOLBY D. I believer there's also a light on the front of the receiver to indicate a dolby digital/5.1 signal.

5. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

The display will switch to either DOLBY D or depending if you have 6.1 enabled it will say 6.1 SURROUND. Then the Dolby Digital light will turn on.

The 3802 will not display anything onscreen letting you know that the sound format changed. You just have to look for the little red light to turn on.