What's new

Is Denon 3802 THX Ultra certified? (1 Viewer)

Kia

Auditioning
And if so, shouldnt it be able to decode tracks encoded in THX Surround EX audio? I just finished comparing prices online and when I checked Link Removed it clearly specifies where the features are desribed, that the Denon 3802 is NOT capable of THX Surround EX decoding. Is this a mistake on behalf of Link Removed or is it in fact true that the Denon can not decode this audio format? I know I should be asking this seperate question in the HT software section, but if any of you have links to a complete and current list of DVD titles encoded in DTS ES discrete/matrix, THX EX, or Dolby Digital EX audio, please let me know.
Best Regards -
Kia

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Kia,
While the Denon 3802 doesn't use official THX EX post-processing (THX EX is something added after the fact), it does do very good 6.1 EX matrix decoding for Dolby Digital 5.0 and 5.1 soundtracks (EX or non-EX matrix encoded tracks).
Official DTS-ES Matrix is used for decoding DTS 5.0 and 5.1 (ES or non-ES matrix encoded) soundtracks.
The best of the current 6.1 formats, official DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, is also handled with aplomb.
There is a list, although partially incorrect, on this very site in the Software section listing DTS-ES (Discrete and Matrix) and Dolby Digital EX titles.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks