What's new

Which receiver to buy in the $1000 range? (1 Viewer)

Ammon

Stunt Coordinator
I am upgrading my receiver (Technics SA-DX 930) that I have had for 4 years now. I am looking into the $1000 - $1200 price range and wondering what everyone would suggest I should look at. I am mainly using it for Home Theater. I have been looking at the Sony ES STR-DA4ES and the Denon AVR-3802. I have seen the Pioneer VSX-36TX which is a THX Ultra Certified receiver with a descent price. I've read all the THX comments here, so I hope I dont spark up another debate on that. Could someone give me some ideas on what receivers I should narrow my search down to? By the way, I do plan on giving a real good listen to all these receivers, but want to know where to start.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Denon 3802 is $699 + shipping from 6th Ave (authorized dealer). At least it was a few days ago. Good luck.

Gil D

Supporting Actor
I have the Denon 3802 and Sony DA5ES. For HT I would highly recommend the DA4ES for about $650 shipped. The Denon has a slight advantage IMO for analog stereo if using passive sub and bookshelfs with it's hybrid analog/digital crossover.

Tim Baldwin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gil,
Can you say where you've seen the 4ES at $650 shipped? It's on my shortlist, but the best I've found is about $690 plus. Thanks!

Gil D

Supporting Actor
I thought I read Oade Brothers price was uder $650 plus shipping. Onecall will also match their price and I have found their Fedex rate to be very reasonable.

Ammon

Stunt Coordinator
I actually have a friend here locally that can get me the Sony 4ES for cost at $605. If you want to pay for shipping and handling, I could probably arrange to ship it to you. Just for some other info, the cost for me on the Denon 3802 is $630 and the Sony 7ES is $1390.

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Ammon-- I, for one, would be VERY interested in getting one of those recievers. Would these be coming from an authorized Sony ES retailer? Would they come with the 5-year warranty from Sony?

Ammon

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it is an Authorized Dealer and comes with the full 5-Year Warranty. I usually give him a few extra dollars on the side for giving me the discount ($30). If you would like, contact me by email [email protected] and we can work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks