What's new

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
DENON INTRODUCES LATEST IMAX® ENHANCED 4K AV RECEIVER

The AVR-X3600H Offers the Latest Home Theater Technology and Added Benefits for the Commercial Integrator

VISTA, Calif. (July 9, 2019)— TodayDenon®, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium home entertainment and personal audio products since 1910, announced its latest X-Series AV Receiver, the Denon AVR-X3600H ($1,099). The new 9.2 channel AV receiver offers Denon’s legendary audio quality and trusted performance, while creating a truly immersive, multidimensional sound experience for today’s home theater aficionados. [1], HLG, and 4K Ultra HD. Additionally, the AVR-X3600H supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which ensure consumers have the latest performance and connectivity options for years to come.

“We’re currently experiencing a dramatic flight to quality as studios, musicians and other creators make really high-quality content that’s readily accessible on platforms like Amazon and Netflix, or Tidal and Spotify. As a result, we’re seeing consumers choose to move beyond sound bars and basic home theater systems to something better equipped to provide truly amazing experiences at home,” said Michael Greco, senior director of global brand management at Sound United. “With technologies IMAX Enhanced and Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization, the AVR-X3600H will allow people to truly see and hear their favorite movies, TV and music as the artists intended.”

Legendary Denon Amplification with Hi-Res Support

Featuring discrete high-current amplifiers on all channels, the AVR-X3600H delivers high-power performance at 105W per channel (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, THD: 0.08%, 2 Ch. driven). The AVR features 9 channel amplification and is also capable of processing up to 11.2 channels to drive a 7.2.4 speaker setup when used alongside external 2-channel amplification. For Hi-Fi enthusiasts, the AVR-X3600H boasts AKM 32-bit D/A converters and features high-resolution audio decoding compatible with multiple lossless file types, including ALAC, FLAC and WAV at up to 24-bit/196-[2]. Josh.ai offers custom integrators greater control over voice integration into a variety of popular smart home platforms, including Creston, Control4 and others.

HEOS Built-In Multiroom Music Listening

With HEOS Built-in alongside Apple AirPlay 2, the AVR-X3600H can stream music wirelessly across compatible HEOS components from a variety of free and premium streaming services, including Spotify Free and Premium, Pandora, Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, SoundCloud, SiriusXM, Tidal and more. Consumers can also enjoy their favorite music in any room of the home wirelessly. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room via a variety of streaming sources.

Designed for Custom Integrators

Custom A/V integration professionals will appreciate the AVR-X3600H’s smart features, including newly added Audio Select functionality, or AirPlay OFF so it will not appear on every iOS device throughout the home. To best tailor system functionality for each client, integrators can now assign the same HDMI input source over multiple inputs and choose different audio sources. Improved service efficiency and reduced downtime is available via a variety of remote monitoring and management technologies like OvrC, ihiji Invision or Domotz Pro. Additional features include a web UI to remotely access the AVR’s setup menu, and access to All Zone Stereo Mode, a.k.a, Party Mode, via quick selects.

Additional AVR-X3600H Features

· True 4K: 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz pass through and upscaling.

· Phono Input: With the included phono input, the AVR-X3600H lets users connect their turntable and play vinyl records in high fidelity.

· Main zone TV audio sharing: Distribute main zone TV audio to Zone 2 or HEOS enabled speakers wirelessly through the free HEOS app.

· Remote apps (iOS/Android): Denon AVR remote for basic AVR’s control and setup.

· Leading Denon Setup Assistant: The AVR visually guides users through each step in the setup process to get X-Series AVRs out of the box and making beautiful music quickly.

· Room Calibration and Optimized Room Acoustics: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ, LFC and Sub EQ HT: Automatically optimizes audio for users’ unique listening environment, including subwoofer equalization.

· Audyssey MultEQ Editor: Compatible with the Audyssey MultEQ editor iOS and Android app ($20 fee) for further customization of room acoustics.

· External Control and IP Capabilities: Allows for easy customization and compatibility with third-party integration solutions by offering IP control capability for major third-party control devices, as well as Control4 SDPP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for seamless integration with Control4 home automation equipment.

The new AVR-X3600H is currently available for purchase via authorized Denon retailers. For more information please visit usa.denon.com/us.

About Denon

Denon is a trusted world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products since 1910. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by Sound United LLC. For more information visit usa.denon.com/us.

About Sound United

Sound United is a division of DEI Holdings with an award-winning portfolio of audio brands that deliver industry-leading home theatre and personal audio listening experiences for a wide-range of consumers. Each brand provides an expansive array of audio products that includes high-end and custom installation audio, to mid-tier markets that cover loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless multi-room music systems, Bluetooth® speakers, amplifiers, turntables and headphones.

Dedicated to artfully reproducing audio for listeners and enthusiasts around the world, Sound United is comprised of Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Polk BOOM, HEOS®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand offers a unique approach to bringing home theatre and music to life. Whether it’s through the legendary heritage of Denon, the classic sound of Polk Audio, the premium performance of Definitive Technology, the highly-sought-after amplification of Marantz, the action-inspired form factors of Polk BOOM, the wireless home audio solutions of HEOS, or the accessible performance of Boston Acoustics, Sound United is your sound — so listen.

To learn more about Sound United and its brands, visit www.soundunited.com.

###

Reactions: PMF

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The 3500s are available for under $500 many many places. That's a steal I recommend anyone considering this tier to look long and hard at. This 3600 is a very minor spec bump at twice the price. I've helped 4 friends buy and install 3500s and they have been supremely impressed.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The 3500s are available for under $500 many many places. That's a steal I recommend anyone considering this tier to look long and hard at. This 3600 is a very minor spec bump at twice the price. I've helped 4 friends buy and install 3500s and they have been supremely impressed.
I had seen them, but they seem to have disappeared at that price. Are you still finding them? Where?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, the 3600 is hardly a "very minor spec bump" considering it processes 11 channels and has 9 amp channels, vs 7 channels, period, on the 3500. That's a HUGE step up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
BTW, the 3600 is hardly a "very minor spec bump" considering it processes 11 channels and has 9 amp channels, vs 7 channels, period. That's a HUGE step up.
Yeah, I just found that out as I was comparing the models tonight. I did find a price for $549.99 for the 3500 which is probably a renewed receiver.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, I just found that out as I was comparing the models tonight. I did find a price for $549.99 for the 3500 which is probably a renewed receiver.
What I find is $550 for refurb and $700 new for the 3500.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Same here, I think BB has it for $700 and places that Amazon deals with for $550.
I've been on an upgrade kick on the living room system, and I've been tempted with the bedroom. Marantz also has new models coming out, and I think I want to keep within the D&M universe for some consistency, so I'm deciding between models. The head units in the other systems are Marantz. Wondering if the Evil A will do something next week. They had the 3500 selling for $700 earlier today, but then it disappeared.

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

Denon announces $1,100 IMAX Enhanced 9.2-channel receiver
Denon_AVR-X3600H-Lifestyle_Crop_001-1024x664.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Most of my friends who are buying this are going 5.1.2 with bounce speakers atop the fronts. Don't know that they would use 5.1.4 if available or 7.1.2 but ymmv.
That's fine an dandy Sam, but the fact remains, the 3600 is a massive upgrade from the 3500. It's far from a minor spec bump. Not even close. If someone has no interest in the improvements in the 3600, that's one thing, but the 3600 is more on par with the previous 4xxx series.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's fine an dandy Sam, but the fact remains, the 3600 is a massive upgrade from the 3500. It's far from a minor spec bump. Not even close. If someone has no interest in the improvements in the 3600, that's one thing, but the 3600 is more on par with the previous 4xxx series.
John,

If you had a choice between the Denon 3600 and Marantz 6013 which one would you choose?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
John,

If you had a choice between the Denon 3600 and Marantz 6013 which one would you choose?
You wouldn't go wrong with either one, but for me at the moment, I'm sure I'd go with the 6013, but that's largely because I'm kind of in the Marantz universe. Not that there's a big difference in the functionality between the brands. Hopefully you can get a 6013 for the same or less than a 3600 right now, so you're getting more for your money. Refurb 6013s are $800. I haven;t dug into the details of the 3600, but I don't think it has anything the 6013 lacks. The Imax audio thing sounds like marketing garbage. If/when I update the receiver in the bedroom, it'll probably be Marantz, just for integration with the other two Marantz head units I have, which are both rather new, so they'll be around for some time. That is, unless I chicken out and decide to go cheap with a Denon 2xxx series receiver.

I'm going to see if anything happens with The Evil A's big sale next week. If they have 5013 or 6013s at half retail, I'm sure I'll bite on one of those. That probably won't happen. If they happen to blow out Denon 3500s, I might bite on that.

BTW, some people really object to the "Porthole" display design of Marantz. It doesn't bother me.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Your argument then is with Denon PR, not with me =)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This 3600 is a very minor spec bump at twice the price.

Your argument then is with Denon PR, not with me =)
Apparently Denon PR is posting as you on HTF. Better look into that, Sam. :D

I never was referring to anything in Denon's marketing. I was clearly referring to your comment, since I quoted it.

Anyway, might as well move along.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Apparently Denon PR is posting as you on HTF. Better look into that, Sam. :D

I never was referring to anything in Denon's marketing. I was clearly referring to your comment, since I quoted it.

I'm saying their press release makes this look like a very vanilla yearly upgrade. Nothing in it screams out to me this is a big deal and the chatter at places like AVS haven't picked it up as a major improvement either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks