What's new

Recievers to go with Klispch Reference Speakers (1 Viewer)

aaron_dewitt

Agent
Hey guys need some help again, I was wondering what receivers sound good with the reference series speakers. I know the denon does because it is a softer sound. Im looking for a reciever that handles dts es and dolby digital ex. I have been looking at the denon 3802 so far. Any other suggestions? Are there any that are THX ultra certified at a reasonable cost? Please give me suggestions as i just sold my old sony 835 today and need a new one. Thanks alot. Im upgrading my system part by part. I ordered a SVS 20-39pci today. Getting Reference series speakers this summer. But would like a reciever soon in order to play movies with my old setup.

Thanks again

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I don't know if it's worth it getting a THX ultra receiver for your setup.

As for recomendations on receivers, you might get more replys in the receiver forum.

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I have Klipsch Reference Series speakers all the way around in my current HT set-up. I have had a Denon ARV3300 power them as well as a Onkyo 898. I would have to say for music I liked the sound of the Denon better. For HT I like the sound of the Onkyo better. I listen to 90% HT so for me the Onkyo is the one to go with. The Denon is collecting dust right now waiting for me to set up a system in my basement. I had a Pioneer Elite VSX-07 before the Denon and I prefered the Denon for both music and HT.

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
I have Klipsch Ref series (RB5, RC3, RCW3) and a Velodyne SPL1200 hooked up to a Denon 3802. I love this combination. Pretty much everywhere you check, the 3802 is considered one of the best receivers at its price. Denon and Klipsch are considered a good combination.

Bryan

Mark_CP

Auditioning
All I have recently purchased some RP-5s and will be complementing them with the reccomended RC3II and RS3II for center and surrounds. I personally love the sound of the powered towers and may end up adding some DIY tube amps to power the horns. This can give a great glowing sound to the horns. I dont understand the science but I have heard the sound.
I also agree that the AVR-3802 is the way to go. Greta combo Denon & Klipsch make. The 3802 has all the options most of us need!
I wonder if any of you have heard of a webiste called speednadsound.com ? They have some pretty low prices on Klipsch and Denon but there warranty sounds funny. I can understand it though. Im sure they are genuine you are just not paying for the warranty. Are these places reputaable or a sham?
Thanks for your input and I say go with the Denon!:D

Mark_CP

Auditioning
all sorry for that post! I have problems posting using this forum. What am i doing wrong? why is the font always HUGE whan I type into the box? PLEASE HELP!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

When posting or replying to posts, you can select the font size from the "size" pull down. You should try going back and editing your post to change the size of the font.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I have a pioneer elite vsx-49tx (yeah it's awesome) and I'm wondering if the klipsch rf-5's will go good with that reciever, any opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks