What's new

iPhone 12 Cases (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have one of these and I think they are awfully cool as the grippers are sensor-controlled so they automatically sense and grab your phone.

And, yes, power controlled.

Of course, the wattage is now too low for the new iPhone 12 models but for the moment I am not in need of the extra-fast charging.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If I decide not to go with the Apple Leather Folio, I really like these cases...

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Those look pretty good, Ron. I want to see the color of the phone so I am planning to go for a clear case.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Those look pretty good, Ron. I want to see the color of the phone so I am planning to go for a clear case.

I like the clear case, too. However, I would be interested to know is it plastic or made of the same rubbery material as the rest of those cases?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I know this has been talked about before, but how do you guys make out with keeping your iPhone screen unprotected in your pocket?

I always go Folio cases but they cost $130-$150 from Apple.

I think this year I think I am going with the Apple Upgrade Program so I may have Apple Care but still don't want to risk a screen filled with scratches.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I like the clear case, too. However, I would be interested to know is it plastic or made of the same rubbery material as the rest of those cases?

Exactly. That is my concern too. Does it offer the same protection? It is included in the same product line and sold on the same page, but it's hard to see how it could.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I know this has been talked about before, but how do you guys make out with keeping your iPhone screen unprotected in your pocket?

I always go Folio cases but they cost $130-$150 from Apple.

I think this year I think I am going with the Apple Upgrade Program so I may have Apple Care but still don't want to risk a screen filled with scratches.

I've never used a screen protector and I've had good luck (*knocks on wood*). I'm sure there are some small scratches, but there is nothing visible. I keep it in the pocket opposite my keys and other items. I do carry my AirPods Pro case in the same pocket now.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Exactly. That is my concern too. Does it offer the same protection? It is included in the same product line and sold on the same page, but it's hard to see how it could.

I am going to find out from the company. Will report back.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I carried my iPhone 7 Plus in my front left trouser pocket by itself for two-three years and never scratched the screen. I’m now carrying my 12 the same way, in my front left pocket by itself, and I expect the same results.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ten years of iPhones with no screen protectors, no problems. But I’m only up to 8+, so can’t say yet on the newer models.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I sent an email to Incipio a few days ago and have not heard back from them. I think I can kind of provide an answer to their cases based on videos I found. The first is a video of the new iPhone 12 cases, none of which demonstrated is the clear one...

However, this video of the clear case made for the iPhone 11 from last year shows a very flexible soft clear case which may be exactly what we were hoping for

Of course, if Incipio ever answers my inquiry I will follow-up

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Heard back from Incipio. Unfortunately, these are hard cases. Not really a fan of them. At least Spigen makes flexible clear cases but I will have to find something more durable.

Jon (Incipio)

Nov 4, 2020, 10:31 AM PST

Hello Ronald, thanks for the inquiry. I can confirm that the clear cases have a plastic shell and not silicone. Also, yes these are ready to ship today.

Please feel free to reach out if there are any other questions you may have.
Truly,
Jon| Customer Support Representative

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I always use a screen protector. Good insurance and once installed, it does not get in the way of the functionality. It mostly disappears. I just ordered the crystal film from a Power Support for the iPhone 12 Pro. In these Covid times, they also offer a screen protection film that is anti microbial and anti viral infused. I didn’t get it, but was tempted.

I also use the Apple cases and have a silicon case on order for the iPhone 12 Pro. This works great for me, screen protection and the case protects the rest of the iPhone and its minimal.

I also carry the iPhone in my front pants pocket with nothing else in the pocket.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I always use a screen protector. Good insurance and once installed, it does not get in the way of the functionality. It mostly disappears. I just ordered the crystal film from a Power Support for the iPhone 12 Pro. In these Covid times, they also offer a screen protection film that is anti microbial and anti viral infused. I didn’t get it, but was tempted.

I also use the Apple cases and have a silicon case on order for the iPhone 12 Pro. This works great for me, screen protection and the case protects the rest of the iPhone and its minimal.

I also carry the iPhone in my front pants pocket with nothing else in the pocket.

Nelson,

Which Silicone case from Apple did you order? Is it clear? Want to show off the color of my iPhone

I found some silicone cases but they are generally very thin and with minimal protection.

Maybe I shouldn't care since I now have Apple Care.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Dave, that Belkin car mount is cool! I’d likely get one of those. I was going to make one that uses a magnet attachment. I can see buying one of these Belkin mounts and modify the mount so it’s not attached to the vents. But mount on the console.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ron, I wanted to order the clear. But I didn’t like the white ring in the back. I figured that was to hide the magnetic ring molded in the case. So I got the black one.

I ordered the silver iPhone 12 Pro, so the back of the iPhone 12 Pro is white, so maybe that white ring is not so obvious. Looking at the gallery images on the Apple site, the clear case does look ok on the Silver white iPhone 12 Pro. I figured I might get one of those clear cases too. :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks