What's new

Apple device UPS delivery (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I am mostly a buy at the Apple Store only guy, but I am waiting for my new iPhone to be delivered by UPS. My only other such experience (can't remember whether it it was UPS or FedEx) for a MacBook ended with me getting a note (text message?) to pick it up from the Duane Reade (which no longer exists) around the corner. That was actually very helpful

What would UPS do if the fail to ring the bell or we are not home? Try to redeliver the next day? Just dump it in the lobby? Or miraculously use another nearby store as a pickup?

What have your experiences been?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
UPS will usually just try to deliver the next day. I recommend looking up the tracking number on their website or app then signing up for text message (or email) notifications on the shipment.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Like Clinton says, at least try directly at UPS.com and at least get the tracking Delivery Notification.

What UPS would do often depends on the Instructions from the shipper -- some expensive items require signature so they'd likely leave notification and tell you
where to pick it up. If you know the day of delivery, you could try leaving a note for the carrier on your door to hold the package for pickup at a UPS pickup up point (some
UPS will allow that, some won't and depends a lot on the carrier.

If you signup for UPS MyChoice they have the option to reroute packages to a local UPS Pickup point -- often a Pharmacy (Walgreens or CVS counter, UPS Store, my local Advance Auto Stores have this, I'm sure there;s some other businesses depending on your location, etc)
I can't remember if the free version of MyChoice allows that for free (1st couple packages) and esp for a package that is already on the way. I have a UPS Store a mile away which is really convenient for package pickup -- easy in, easy out, no worry about porch pirates (not really an issue here), weather, or even misdelivery . I will have 4 BBY and Target packages today -- even better I can get them at Noon instead of waiting until 6-8 pm esp now that it's dark for the UPS Driver to navigate the porch steps.

If you get a lot of UPS packages, I highly recommend the Premium UPSMyChoice service -- their should be a code for $10/year ( not sure if it's still active, but UPSMYCHOICE10 ) -- if not there are usually a couple codes floating around Google . Auto upgrade SurePost to UPS Ground, free rerouting, easy vacation holds and a few other services. They used to give $5-10 perks to entice you to use UPS Access points at least 2-3 times during Nov/Dec, but I haven't seen that last year of this year since they dropped the regular price from $40 to $20 yearly.

Last edited:

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Good news: UPS happened to show up early in the afternoon right as my wife was walking out with our dogs before leaving for work. My iPhone 13 Pro has successfully materialized!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks