What's new

iPhone 11 and 11 Pro / Max owners thread (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So my wife is going to upgrade her iPhone XS to an 11 Pro tomorrow, she is on the annual upgrade program. But, she just managed to crack her XS screen. It is on the screen support Apple Care+.
The question is, does she need to first repair her her XS via the Apple Care+ program before doing the upgrade to the 11 Pro?
This is the info on Apple Care + She owes $29 for the cracked screen - want to make sure she doesn’t get charged more than that. https://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program
I believe that whenever I've looked at trading in a phone online with apple, it asks the question is the screen un-cracked? You might want to go thru the online motions to be sure. If so, maybe you can just pay the incident charge and then trade it in.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I believe that whenever I've looked at trading in a phone online with apple, it asks the question is the screen un-cracked? You might want to go thru the online motions to be sure. If so, maybe you can just pay the incident charge and then trade it in.
Yes, we did at the Apple Store yesterday - the exchange was fine, they just charged the exact same $29 they would if you were getting the screen replaced. Long live Apple Care +...

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We just bought 2 new iphone pros. With each one comes a free one year subscription to Apple +. However the 2nd one can’t run consecutively with the first, i.e. 1 year starts after the first. That sucks.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Here’s a pic of our Xmas tree taken with my Pro Max. Can the phone do a pic where you get a star effect that standard cameras get by closing down the aperature?
upload_2019-12-30_19-28-6.jpeg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny...sometimes you can adjust the aperture by touching the screen. Touch a dark, shadowy spot and the aperture will open allowing in more light. Touch the screen where there's a light source and it will close the aperture thinking you don't need as much light.

But there is possibly a way to go into camera settings and adjust the aperture...but I just don't know what it is! :D

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I love them both, but for me I choose iPhone 11 Pro because of Water Resistance Rating and Size. but iPhone 11 is good for Battery Life (Hrs:Mins)

Can you help me which of them are the best and good to use?
I don't think anyone here has both of them. I have the 11 Pro - the battery life is outstanding, vastly better than any previous iPhone I've had since 2007. The camera is great (has a "zoom" lens the 11 does not). Haven't had a water incident to comment on, but clearly have no fear of getting it wet. For me, it's also important that with the 11 Pro I have 500GB storage.

All that said - they are both excellent phones - the main question for any new buyer should be is having the extra camera lens worth the big difference in price? Can you even see the (or care about) the difference between the two displays? Are you upgrading from an iPhone that already has a zoom lens?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is there a way to tell how much cellular data apps on an 11 use? I mean by individual apps.
Ok, it’s in Settings/Celluar and next to the app is the amount used by each app. For the “Current Period” but I don’t know what the current period is.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ok, it’s in Settings/Celluar and next to the app is the amount used by each app. For the “Current Period” but I don’t know what the current period is.
Current Period is last since a data reset which doesn’t make since, because I’ve never reset and period for only a short time.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This a little embarrassing to admit, but I don’t have a command of how to get my iphone’s volume to be consistent, or unique if required, over all the different events that require volume. I think this had been made worse by my A Watch which sometimes takes what would have been a sound on the phone and converts it to a vibration on the watch and no sound or vibration on the phone.

For instance, I use Apple’s Reminder App to remind me. The notifications come up on the phone and the watch but no sound. I’m not sure I’m getting a vibration on the watch. If I’m busy or distracted, I might miss it. A sound on the iphone, I’ll catch, if it’s loud enough.

How do I control the sound for apps, alarms, phone ringer, etc?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ok, I’ve learned that I can lock in the volume for ringers and alerts with a setting in Settings. Everything else is adjusted when you’re in the app with the volume buttons. It’s really been the ringers and especially the alerts I’ve been missing.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have a problem with my 11 Pro Max camera. When I take a pic under dark conditions it compensates too much for the low light. I recently took a pic of a black lagoon and it was quite dark and I wanted that look. Here’s what I got. It looks nothing like the actual lighting condition, which was dark. How do I get the dark?
1600113128955.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks