What's new

iPhone 11 and 11 Pro / Max owners thread (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
And finally these 2:
upload_2019-11-6_16-7-36.jpeg

upload_2019-11-6_16-8-29.jpeg

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The moral of the story is that the Pro phones have a much better camera than my X. It was particularly superior capture of me and a pumpkin. I compared his screen to mine and the difference is not so significant. I still give the Pro the edge. If you like taking photos the Pro is a worthy upgrade.

BTW, the only light is supplied by the pumpkins. There was also some very faint ambient light.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Night mode is on both 11 and 11 Pro.

Reporting is that often (usually?), low-light shots in 2x mode are actually 1x photos with digital zoom applied. The result is that even for all night mode photos, the 11 and 11 Pro are mostly identical despite the 11 not having the 2x camera.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No, not at all. If they get scratches that affect the photography I will do an Apple care claim. That's why we pay for it after all.

This is only an experiment BTW, we will see what next year brings.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I ordered this case today: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VKL5W5H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Before that I paid off both our ATT iPhones about 4 months early and submitted a request to have them unlocked. That probably won’t happen before Xmas. Once the phones are unlocked I will boogie into the Apple store, get an Apple Card and use it to buy a pro max and a pro. I’ve talked to Apple and I will have 24 hours to pay the phones off with interest charges. I think I will also get 6% back using the Apple Card.

After that I will go to the Xfinity store and transfer my ATT number to xfinity. If I chose a 1gb plan, that’s $12 a month for up to 5 phones. That’s it. 3gb is $30. Supposedly they have a lot of hot spots and the phone will automatically connect to them and then I’m not using data.

Here’s a review of Xfinity.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I ordered this case today: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VKL5W5H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Before that I paid off both our ATT iPhones about 4 months early and submitted a request to have them unlocked. That probably won’t happen before Xmas. Once the phones are unlocked I will boogie into the Apple store, get an Apple Card and use it to buy a pro max and a pro. I’ve talked to Apple and I will have 24 hours to pay the phones off with interest charges. I think I will also get 6% back using the Apple Card.

After that I will go to the Xfinity store and transfer my ATT number to xfinity. If I chose a 1gb plan, that’s $12 a month for up to 5 phones. That’s it. 3gb is $30. Supposedly they have a lot of hot spots and the phone will automatically connect to them and then I’m not using data.

Here’s a review of Xfinity.
Apparently I forgot the link to the Xfinity review: https://clark.com/technology/xfinity-mobile-lowered-cell-phone-bill-comcast/

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I Got an email saying our phones are ready to unlock. I first must backup the phone, erase (ATT’s word) the phone, restore the phone to unlock it. The other phone there are so actions to take. I’ll have to compare the imei (or what ever it’s called) to determine which phone requires the back up.

Why the fanorg do I have to do the backup, erase, restore crap?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No idea. Verizon compatible iPhones are unlocked by default the past couple years. And before that, unlocking our iPhone was just a button press on their end. None of this nonsense to go through that ATT is making you do.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We just got home with our 11Pro and 11Pro Max. Apple wanted $40 each for screen guards. So I’ll order some on Amazon. Anyone have any favorites to recommend?

Edit: forgot to mention that as we walked out of Apple we noticed them applying a screen protector. Now they’ve got a gadget that they put the phone and protector in and the gadget does the rest.

I noticed a table top phone tripod. Forget the brand but it looks good, only $40. Seemed like a much more reasonable price as opposed to the screen protectors.

It’s early times but I’m loving my Max.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We just got home with our 11Pro and 11Pro Max. Apple wanted $40 each for screen guards. So I’ll order some on Amazon. Anyone have any favorites to recommend?

Anker is the brand I buy, Johnny. This is the one I've been buying for Peg's XR and my 11. This one comes with a cool plastic box that fits over the phone which lines up the glass. And we've gone through a number of the protectors (so I like to think we have done well saving wear & tear, scratches and breakage of our screens). Peg is really rough on her phone (lots of drops) and the protectors seem to really work well.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
A further examination of Xfinity Mobile has revealed to me that the $30 for 3 GB a month is for standard resolution. What does standard look like on a good phone, say the iphone Pro Max? How important is HD on a phone?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
So my wife is going to upgrade her iPhone XS to an 11 Pro tomorrow, she is on the annual upgrade program. But, she just managed to crack her XS screen. It is on the screen support Apple Care+.
The question is, does she need to first repair her her XS via the Apple Care+ program before doing the upgrade to the 11 Pro?
This is the info on Apple Care + She owes $29 for the cracked screen - want to make sure she doesn’t get charged more than that. https://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks