What's new

Instead of an Outlaw 950 I'm buying an Audi... (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Brian, I did the same thing. I decided not to upgrade my theater which was to include a new 65" 16x9 RPTV, the 5800 upgrade and some subs to buy my S60.

Haven't regretted it one bit.

Patrick

Joe Casey

Stunt Coordinator
What does your wife think of the TT?
Well.....she doesn't let me drive it. Is that a good enough answer? She got an ALMS edition 225hp quatro coupe. I have driven it, and the K04 turbo really shoves ones hind-quarters back into the seat. She actually prefers 5/6 speed manual shifting over tiptronic/automatic! From what I understan, the '03 models with the 180 hp engine will be available with tip/auto.

kevitra

Second Unit
A friend of mine's wife has a 2002 S4. That car is amazing. I don't think I have been in a faster car.

She will only drive a stick - no minivans in her future. Lucky man my friend is...

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Will & Camp:
If you're considering the G35, make sure to check out Link Removed
The Boards there offer some good info on Nissan product.
Rich B.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
I was considering getting an Audi, but it made a really loud noise when I put my ear right up to the tailpipe.

So I got the Outlaw 950 instead.

scott cerv

Stunt Coordinator
What happened to buying american?? Want to save some money and get that german engr.?? Buy a CTS:emoji_thumbsup:! Was built to compete with the 525's, etc.. Kinda like Divas were built to take on the 804's!
SC:)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Hopefully, with the money I save by getting an Outlaw 950 instead of a Lex MC12, I will have enough to lease a new Trailblazer. Thing is rock solid, goes 120 MPH, can haul a house, and can make a u-turn in a parking space.

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Regarding the new CTS, I cain't WAIT to see what the reliability of this car will be after it's out for a year or so. With GM's track record I have a pretty good idea of what is to come.

Rich B.
GM - Never Again

kevitra

Second Unit
Umm..Diva's do not take on 804s. The hype leads you to believe that, but I have heard the 6.1 and they don't. They are good speakers, but not *that* good.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Since i'm heavily looking at one I can answer this:
rodneyH
Is the G35 sports coup a 2 door model? I heard the 6 speed stick is available this fall for the G35 sedan. I didn't know about the 15+ more horsepower though. Any news on the horsepower of the Nissan 350Z?
The g35 is a coupe. 2 door with a trunk. More power, bigger wheels, lotsa upgrades.

The 350z is 280 I heard.

W

Will

Thanks for the info. Is there much less head and legroom in the back seat of the Infinti G35 coup compared to the G35 sedan? I imagine there's more head and legroom in the back seat of the G35 coup than the Nissan 350Z, unless the 350Z shares the same body as the G35 coup?

PatrickM

Screenwriter
The new G35 Coupe looks really hot. I think at this stage in my life I'd get that over the 350Z. The 6 Speed stick will be available first on the G35 Coupe and then the G35 Sedan afterward.
As for the CTS, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It must have been designed by the same brilliant people who designed the Aztec and the Avalanche. Maybe they are descendants of the people who designed the AMC Pacer and the fabulous Hornet. :D
Patrick

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Funny that I'd stumble into this thread... the two items I'm currently lusting after are an Outlaw 950 (or Rotel 1066) and the Audi A4 1.8T Quattro!
Unfortunately, I can't afford the Audi. Nor can I afford a pre-pro & amps at this time, but I'll be able to save up for those a lot faster than I can for a car. On the upside, a friend of mine is picking up a Audi A4 1.8T Avant wagon with Quattro, so I'm going to have to borrow it and see how it drives!
As for trading in cars every 5-7 years vs. home theaters, I expect I'll be keeping my current car at least 10 years, or longer, and we'll probably get into a new house (and new dedicated HT) sooner than that!! :) I intend on driving my current car (a '98 Saturn SL2) into the ground.
Don't ask me about the CTS - ewww!! It sort of reminds me of one of the newer ugly Mustangs or Cougars (creases, ugh!) but with 4 doors.
KJP

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I took a Mustang out for a spin, but the new style is UGLY! Dang did ford make a nice car ugly, tis good they are redesigning them in '04 or '05 since my brother really wants one.
Its a funny thing about American cars... I can get a lot of them below invoice, but I just haven't found one I like. So it looks like VW/Audi will get my $ :D
Brian

Larry B

Screenwriter
Patrick:

As for the CTS, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It must have been designed by the same brilliant people who designed the Aztec and the Avalanche. Maybe they are descendants of the people who designed the AMC Pacer and the fabulous Hornet.
Well said. I haven't seen the Avalanche but the Aztec has to be the ugliest thing on four wheels.

Larry

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
i think that Pontiac should just be folded and put out of its mnisery. I don't think that they have designed a good looking car EVER . Actually, we should add Saturn to the list or executions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks