What's new

Instead of an Outlaw 950 I'm buying an Audi... (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Larry, for a good laugh or just to give your jaw some exercise in astonishment, you should go to carpoint or the GM site and take a look at the Avalanche. Ouch is it ugly. And, the brilliant marketing people at GM decided they'd make a Cadillac version of the Avalanche. They call it the EXT. Maybe its short for Extremely Ugly!

What brainchild figured that would be a good idea? The time for a luxury pickup truck has not come. Especially when its that ugly.

Patrick

W

Will

Guess I'll wait for year end and check out the Infiniti G35 coup to see what it's like, even though I pretty decided on the 4 door model, the G35 sedan. And I'll peak at the Nissan 350Z assuming its out by year end while I'm at. :)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Will,

The G35 coupe is beautiful. It's going to save Infiniti.

Chung,

I'm with you on Pontiac and Saturn. Blech!

W

Will

considering the G35, give it a test drive, you will be impressed. My family owns a group of dealerships and my father has been letting me drive one. I love this car. B&W and audi better be careful this will compete and is much more of a threat than the Lexus IS300.
I was so impressed with the car, that I am double thinking getting my Nissan 350Z, in favor of the G35 sports coupe (lighter, 15+ more HP, and 6 speed stick avail in fall-compared to the G35 sedan).
rodneyH
Sorry if this is OT (couldn't resist):
Just a thought but... since your family's in the car biz, and we're all into HT, could you sell cars to local guys into HT who need new wheels, for less than we can get by going through Costco?
end of OT

Keir H

Second Unit
No love for the Mustang?? Come on guys, I happen to think that the '02 Mustang BULLITT is a sweet head-turner. Engine sounds awesome but I know Chevy guys will say something about it horsepower compared to SS :) (Which is nice too but old body style.)
If I had the money, the Porsche 911 Carrera 4 would get it. Actually, I'll settle for a Boxster! :D

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I like the old style mustang, but I don't really want a RWD car up here in MN.....
As for the '02 Mustang they've made the car a lot less pretty IMO :frowning: Sure the engine sound was nice, but that doesn't make up for the body.
At some point I'll likely chip my A4 and pump it up to close to 250 HP, all that from 4 cylinders :D
Brian

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor

Nah, they'd say something about its horsepower compared to a plain jane Z28. I test drove the '01 GT and was surprised at how much more exhaust noise (good) and how much less actual acceleration it had (bad) than my Z. But then again the Z started turning to cr@p at 4 years and 30,000 miles soooo ... goodbye fun car, hello Camry.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
At some point I'll likely chip my A4 and pump it up to close to 250 HP, all that from 4 cylinders
Not from just a chip. A chip, a new downpipe with racing catalytic converter and a sport exhaust and you'll hit 250hp.

If your going to do that Brian you better get the sport suspension and 17" wheels.

Patrick

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
When my A6 is out of warranty, I want to chip that and get it up over 300 hp.

Of course, I'd rather just have a much larger supply of cash, and buy an RS-6 (many, many horses!).

KeithR

Second Unit
Well, I sat in the infinity and wasn't impressed...I liked the 330ci much, much better. Also, i have to have a stick!
I am selling some equipment...to get a 993 Porsche :) For 40k, not much better you can do imho!

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Oh you bunch of babies! When my Supra's suspension died on me (broken spring - ouch) plus a bunch of other little repairs (including rusting body and gas-tank) ate up my HT budget, what did I do? Well, I went and bought that new receiver anyways! And what am I doing now? Well, I don't go out much anymore, I banned myself from hi-fi stores...
Infact, does anyone want to lend me some cash? I could use some food too. Anyone??? ;)
- Mike

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
Is the G35 sports coup a 2 door model? I heard the 6 speed stick is available this fall for the G35 sedan.
The G35 coupe is a two door. The sedan may or not get the 6 speed in the fall, as the coupe and new 350Z will have first priority on manual production. Rumor has it the sedan may not get the stick until next spring-it just depends on production vs demand for the coupe/350Z.
Nice pics of the coupe here:
http://www.nissannews.com/?http://ww...ortcoupe.shtml

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I am going the more frugal route, and getting the Passat in the 4 wheel drive version.
The Passat can not be had with both the 1.8T engine and AWD. Nor can the V6 4Motion Passat be bought with a standard transmission. If you really look at the prices between the 1.8T Audi A4 Quattro and the 4Motion Passat I think you're in for a big surprise. The Passat is not really more frugal at all. It is more loaded though with power seats and wood other nifty gizmos.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Philip hit it on the nose, I looked extensively at the Passat and the main reason I'm getting the A4 is for the AWD.

Subaru's are nice, but don't have all the "nifty gizmos" of the Audis or the Passat.

Brian

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The Passat is still cheaper than it's brother, the Audi A6. Drop in that 270HP W8 engine and you're looking at $40k.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
A Passat is slightly smaller then an A6. Its designed on a Stretched B5 Chassis which is what the '01 and prior A4s are built on. The new '02 A4 is built using an all new B6 chassis which is longer, wider, and taller then the old A4. Thus the new A4 is much closer in size to the Passat.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks