What's new

Instead of an Outlaw 950 I'm buying an Audi... (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well it looks like I'll get the chance to order one in the next month or so. But I think my Sony N9000ES will be fine for the time being and I'm going to use that money towards an '03 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro :)
So unless someone REALLY far down in line wants me to buy it and ship to someone else, I think I'll just be canceling my order when it's my turn.
I really should slow down my HT upgrades anyway ;)
Brian

Eric Wood

Stunt Coordinator
I am going the more frugal route, and getting the Passat in the 4 wheel drive version. I already cancelled my 950 and have decided to just get the Integra 6.3.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Aww, C'mon, Brian
The Polk LSi25's are infinitely more affordable than the Audi :). BTW, what's up with the lack of reviews on the 950? Other cancellations? Dissatisfaction? Hiss?? The official review thread has been as dormant as the Lakers' offense. Jan

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
brian, chip that sucker. I (my wife) got a VW 1.8T jetta, chipped and it flys, I can't keep the front tires from spinning, when traction control is off (4WD will be nice).

W

Will

Already have the 950 but I'm thinking about getting an '03 Infiniti G35. Didn't want Lexus 300 or Acura but wanted zoom zoom and high reliability with 4 doors. But it's a new modell so can't be sure about the reliability. But hope it is. Anything else I should consider in its price range?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
This thread is too funny and hits somewhat close to home.
I had been waiting for a 950 for months, was very early on the reservation list, and had the cash in an envelope sitting on my desk. I wanted one of these BADLY.
Unfortunately (for my Outlaw purchase), I recently acquired a 1990 Porsche 911. Lets just say that the cost of a gear box rebuild, clutch, etc., for the car far exceeded the amount of cash sitiing on my desk
:frowning:
I cancelled my reservation as soon as I realised that I needed functional transport more than a new Pre/Pro.
Oh well! At some point I do plan to buy the Outlaw, but then again, since I got the car, my thoughts of upgrades to my HT system have been supiciously dormant!
BTW, the 911 is a fabulous car. I had wanted one since I was 14 or so, and must say that tooling around in a 911 is wonderful. Then again, my wife refers to it as a "money pit". I wish I had a good opposing argument!
Enjoy you cars and your HT's! You guys with new car warranties make me envious.
BL

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking about getting an '03 Infiniti G35.
Oooo! Very nice. I've been looking at them too. I'm hoping the arrival of the G25 (Nissan Skyline in Japan) will mean they'll bring the hot rod GTR version over here.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that either
  • Audi was running one killer of a sale
  • The 950 had increased dramatically in price due to last minute inclusion of fire wire, Logic 7 and nice knobs.
Thanks for clearing things up.
:laugh:

mctague

Stunt Coordinator
My dedicated HT room of the future just became a Mercedes SLK32 AMG....in October :D

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
As some of you know. About 3 years ago I decided, upon retirement to treat myself to a Home Theater instead of a new set of luxury wheels. I have not regretted my decision one bit (no pun intended) and I estimate that my savings on the insurance alone pays for most of the software.
I'm also willing to bet that 2-7 years from now I won't be looking to trade in my HT for a new one. New equipment? Of course. But I still think I'm ahead of the game.
;)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well I need to buy a new car anyway. My fiance is driving a Neon that belongs to her Parents, and I hate that car. We have to give it back at some point so she's getting my Mystique. I was looking at the Passat but I want Quatto and a Stick (see the long thread in After Hours ;))
I'm looking at a 3 month wait after I order, so some time this fall.
Don't worry RAF, someday I'll have a Home Theater that will rival yours :D but I'm turning 23 in a week so I've got lots of time.
Besides I think we need to have a house before I can go that far... and we're not sure exactly where we will be living, so we're holding off on buying a new house.
Besides we all know Outlaw will have a new pre-amp someday, perhaps we can do this all over again then. If nothing more I'm sure I can't wait forever to upgrade....
Brian

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
for teh guys who are considering the G35, give it a test drive, you will be impressed. My family owns a group of dealerships and my father has been letting me drive one. I love this car. B&W and audi better be careful this will compete and is much more of a threat than the Lexus IS300.

I was so impressed with the car, that I am double thinking getting my Nissan 350Z, in favor of the G35 sports coupe (lighter, 15+ more HP, and 6 speed stick avail in fall-compared to the G35 sedan).

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
But RAF, didn't you love your Denon 5700 just as much, when you first bought it a few years ago?
Will,
I didn't say I wouldn't upgrade certain parts of my HT over the next seven years. I've already done that in several cases (new players and now some new electronics). What I said was that I wouldn't be trading in my HT for a completely new one. Some things (the construction, the screen, the speakers, the projector, the wiring, the drapes, the shelves, the equipment racks, etc.) are what I would consider more or less permanent. (The projector is probably the least permanent of the above list but what I thought would be a 5 year investment is holding its own much better than I thought.)
Electronics, as we know, is transitory as there are new developments and formats. To continue the car analogy, I consider investing in updated equipment for the HT equivalent to investing in tune-ups & tires and other expendable parts for an aging automobile. But at the end of 5-7 years I'm not looking to replace the HT for a complete new one.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well my Wife won't be driving my A4 for a while when I get it :D I won't trust her with the clutch for a while ;)
What does your wife think of the TT? It looked like a fun car, but I wanted a 4-door.
I just have a thing for German cars, I don't know why... I'll buy japanese electronics, but I like the German cars better.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks