What's new

Incredible Shrinking Man ? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Anyone else like to see, or got any info on, a release of THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN ? This is a truly great movie.
Also, the original VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED. Also a great movie. Who owns them ?

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
And Warner Bros owns the original 1960 version of VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED (as well as the sequel, CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED (1963)), as both were MGM films acquired by WB a few years ago.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I recently purchased two Richard Matheson collections (Duel: Terror Stories by RM and Nightmare at 20,000 Feet) and it made me realize something:

The Incredible Shrinking Man is easily one of the best American science fiction movies ever. Like The Day the Earth Stood Still good...

Some of my fondest (non-Wonka, non-Kong, non-Oz, non-SW ;) ) movie memories spring from this movie. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Universal dusts this one off and presents it in a fittingly swank 2-disc Special Edition...but what's the holdup?

Gimme!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've got a couple of similar collections, Scott. Matheson's still with us. In fact, he came out with a new novel last year or the year before. They really need to get a commentary track out of him. If I remember correctly, he wrote the novella sitting in a basement, and he based the details on what he was looking at. I think he said the movie set was real close to the real location. I'd like to hear him comment on things like that--what was the same, what was changed. Things like that.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I suspect the two DAMNED movies might well surface in next eyar's batch of Halloween goodies from Warner Bros. Meanwhile, it would sure be nice if Universal began delving more deeply into the sci-fi catalog... SHRINKING MAN would be as good as place to start as any, and better than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks