What's new

Im concerned about purchasing SVS. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok well 1 other concern I have is cosmetics. I know for a fact my wife would have a 5' tall black cylinder sitting in my living room. A smaller box may be ok. Thats why I was looking at sunfire. They are small but pack a good punch. They just arent very reliable.

Now I have a yamaha rxv-440 receiver. I have a room that is like 25'X12'. That is kinda a guess. I also have a pair of boston vr-950 towers. Now I listen to mostly tv. But alot of music by myself and some movies. So musical accuracy is a HUGE concern.

So hopefully with some more info that should hopefully help. Im acctually going to go listen to a def tech super cube right now also.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Jesse-

What exactly do you do at Soundtrack?

I ask because, to be quite blunt, you posting is in very poor taste and quite inconsiderate of the accomidations or programs sometimes run by manufacturers for their salespeople. Your posting comes across about as tactful as posting dealer costs on a public forum. That's certainly fine that you want some oppinions comparing the products without the normal consideration of price, but there is absoulutely no need to be disclosing the discount amounts.

To then get mad and post that SVS "only offered 10% off" is a pretty sleazy move in my not so humble oppinion. There are reasons that some manufacturers make accomidations to those in the business, and frankly, SVS has little reason to give you any deal at all given they don't sell through retailers.

Quit whinning, grow up, and stop embarrasing those who really do work in the industry. Heaven forbid if you actually work in sales!

Appologies for the rant to others who have had to read through this mess.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I guess I'll state the obvious, get a Martin Logan descent and then order either b4 or Everest and sell the loser.

DonnyD

Screenwriter

Ditto to that comment....... I'm also in tune with Mark Seatons comments......

Due to the SVS return policy, I don't understand the problem........

And I will add, I'm also an early adopter of SVS (and the upgrade) and couldn't be happier with their product, service and most of all their advice in all things "sub".....

I guess I kinda hope he buys something else since his post so far have been tactless and there's no telling what we'll hear if he does buy a SVS.

Ted Pugh

Stunt Coordinator
Easy everyone, Jesse is young. Remember those days when we all wanted that big discount. I do. Jesse, with the discounts you are talking about I would listen to the Definitive Technology subs. The Super Cube I and II as well as the $1699 Super Cube Reference. These subs have received super reviews and I think you would be very pleased with there performances but I would not hesitate one bit to purchase a SVS at retail. The company speaks for itself and many many people have purchased them and that would not be the case if any were not happy with the product or company.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Wow Um ok. Well first of all Im sorry. I just wanted to show you what was going through my head. I just wanted to know if people still thought SVS was still worth it after that. Well I appologize if I offended anyone by my posting prices. If anyone lives in colorado and goes to this forum and wants to come to the colorado springs north soundtrack I will help you out.

But your right, I am pretty young and I never know what I want until I buy it. So I just need opinions on my desicions.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Jesse,

To satisfy your own desires, why don't you email Ron Stimpson (co founder of SVS) who happens to live in Colorado Springs. I'm sure he must have at least one sub for you to listen to. That will at least give you something to compare other subs to.

Dan

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse-

If you're interested in hearing a Stryke Mini-Thunder I live in Littleton and have been nothing but flat out impressed at how good this $550 sub is.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Or you can call Ron at SVS. He was very helpful to me. Give him your room info and he will tell you what will work best even if its not an SVS. He as an honest admirable guy who once you talk to him you will see why folks always speak highly of him. SVS may not be the prettiest subs in the world but they are built like brick shit houses, sound wonderful and about 1/2 if not more of the price of anything else in its playing field. Now that I have owned 4 subs with one set up being a dual NHT set up, I can see never going with anything else but a future SVS upgrade if I even wanted to change. My PB2 will provide enough bass for me for many years to come though. I would make a bet with you that if you called Ron and let him pick the sub for your room, you buy it and get it and try it.. It won't be going back as you will not want to part with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks