I Will Soon be Part of the SVS Owner Fraternity

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brandon_S, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

Well guys I finally took the jump today and ordered my first SVS sub. I decided to go with the 25 PCi tuned to 22hz based on a recommendation from Tom. I have a fairly small apartment living room, so it should be more than enough bass for me. I am currently running a Sony WA40 subwoofer along with JBL Studio series speakers all around.

Needless to say I am very excited! I have heard so many great things about the sub I can't wait to hook it up to my system and feel what real bass should be! Now the wait begins...

P.S.

Could a mod please fix my excitment induced spelling error in the subject line? Thanks :b

2. Lee Bailey

Lee Bailey Second Unit

Lee Bailey
    Welcome to the evergrowing community of SVS owners![​IMG]

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Brandon;

You are in for a treat. Not that I mean to make the wait for your new sub even more interminable, but after you hear what an SVS can do, that little Sony sub you have - as good as it may be - will just sound pathetic in comparison.

Enjoy your new sub!

4. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Brandon,
    DO let us know what you think. I have the same sub you do now and am interested in your comparison. Obviously SVS is infinitely better, but it's always nice to compare someone else's experience[​IMG]

Thanks!

Matt

5. RickMo

RickMo Stunt Coordinator

Welcome to the club and you won't be sorry for the purchase. Not one bit. You may, however, become more "acquainted" with your neighbors ... which could be good, could be bad.

6. Jason F.

Jason F. Stunt Coordinator

I just ordered my 25-31PC+ today, I went with the PC+ so I could get near reference levels in a large family room. It is backordered till the middle of July but that's alright b/c the house won't be ready till August! Congrats on your purchase Brandon![​IMG]

7. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

I love ordering SVS's too! What a rush! [​IMG]
    Its only rival is my projector for impact it had on my HT.
    Congratulations on your purchase. [​IMG]

8. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Brandon & Matt,

I made the same move your are currently making. Upgraded from the Sony to the SVS 22-31. It is a shocking difference. Don't get me wrong, the Sony served it's purpose but the svs is crazy good. The first time I threw in U571 and listened to the depth charge scene all I could do was laugh. Make sure you tighten up any pictures on the wall (no joke).

J

9. Chuck Schilling

Chuck Schilling Stunt Coordinator

I'm patiently awaiting my SVS PB2+...well, perhaps not so patiently...I want that sucker right this very minute!

10. Arthur Vino

Arthur Vino Stunt Coordinator

I am joining soon also with pb2-plus or ultra..
    can anyone show me the secret handshake?

11. Todd_B

Todd_B Second Unit

Glad to see another Lexingtonian joining the SVS community [​IMG][​IMG]

Todd B

12. JessPrice

JessPrice Stunt Coordinator

I, too, will become a part of the club after I order my PB2+!! It will be sad though, I won't be able to turn it up to it's full potential for a while, as I am a Texas Tech student for the next 3 years living in an apartment. At least it is a college-only apartment complex-they might enjoy my SVS/B&W-powered parties [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

Well guys the beast arrived yesterday [​IMG]. I heard the UPS guy pull up outside my apartment and waited joyfully as he got my package ready. He even called up to my apartment to make sure I was home so he wouldn't have to make a trip with the 60 lbs sub up the stairs without me being there.

Once I signed for the package, I opened it up and was floored by the size! It is nearly as tall as my JBL S312 speakers [​IMG]. After moving some stuff out of the corner, I hooked up my Monster subwoofer cable and plugged in the power cable.

My friend Eric and I chose Jurassic Park as the first test disc. Of course I was too giddy to fully calibrate the sub before testing it out :b . The first bass notes as the title plays hit hard! My old Sony sub would have real trouble with those notes, but not the SVS. After listening to the opening and the T-rex attack scene, I began to calibrate the bad boy.

I am pretty limited to where in the room I can put the sub. I have two corners that would work. However, both corners join a sliding glass window that runs the lengh of the wall. I am assuming this isn't very ideal for bass, but it is what I have until I move out next year.

I really wanted to push my new sub last night, but held back since it was late by the time I got it hooked up. But by this weekend I will run through some demo material and report back to you guys. So far I am extremely happy with my purchase and can't wait to re-watch all the movies I currently have with my new SVS [​IMG].

More to come...

14. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Make sure you calibrate it and Use one movie you know the most and test the sub in different spots. Sometimes just moving the sub 2-6 inches can make a difference. Enjoy your new toy.

15. Terence B

Terence B Auditioning

I'm another one soon to join the club....

Just ordered my SVS PB1-ISD two days ago, got lucky and squeazed in before the backorders.

I also am replacing a Sony SA-WM40.

Excitedly waiting........

Receiver: Pioneer Elite 45TX
    Fronts: Polk RTi70
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surround: Polk FXi30
    Rear: Polk RTi28x2
    Sub: soon to be SVS PB1-ISD

16. Robert Lovejoy

Robert Lovejoy Stunt Coordinator

Boy, I can relate to you guys. I ordered my sub a bit before last Christmas. It's the gift that keeps on giving. No matter how often I watch a movie, the bass still makes me say "Wow!"

SVS 20-39 PC+