I moved my SVS-PB2+ from the corner

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Rick Cohen, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Rick Cohen

Rick Cohen Agent

This morning after a bit of frustration trying to eq level out some peaks I decided to try moving the sub from the rear corner position. The sub came alive with the new position. It is still about 4 feet from a front corner but really shakes the concrete floor slab, and blends much better with my mains. I continue to be amazed at how huge the impact of room position becomes as a more powerful sub is used.

The bass is now strong, effortless and no longer fights with the mains for sound recognition. I found the new position allows me to run the sub with less severe EQ to achieve a flat response.

2. terence

terence Supporting Actor

Hi Rick,

It's a amazing what room placement can do for a sub! When i move one of my subs a inch, the results can be great or make things worse, back when i was playing around with room positons. Congrats on optimizing your sub & enjoy!

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Agreed about the room placement issues. My room has very few spots available for the sub, but I was able to get it positioned as optimally as possible given the circumstance.