What's new

I Love My Neighbors (1 Viewer)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I moved into my neighborhood last September. I love to hear the kids playing outside. I know all of the names of the dogs that walk by with their owners. I keep at arms length from my neighbors, who are pleasant and respectful, for the most part.

But my neighbor in the house to the right of me is a royal bitch, as is her lazy-ass daughter. They used to fill up my trash can with their trash, among other things. They also get into nasty all-out screaming matches. Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's sad. But mostly it's annoying.

But hey, I'm not going to complain, because living here is sooooo much better than when I lived in an apartment. Talk about bad neighbors!

I hear ya, Jack. I once made the mistake of dating someone in my apartment building. He was like a little puppy dog, always following me around. Talk about clingy! I could not stand it. Shortly after I broke up with him, he moved to another town, never to be heard from again. He was the reason I initiated my 25 mile rule. I don't like dating anyone who lives within 25 miles of me. That way, I don't have to worry about him hanging around all the time or dropping in unexpectedly. Works for me!

A good neighbor is a fellow who smiles at you over the back fence, but doesn't climb over it. (heard this somewhere)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I moved into my neighborhood last September. I love to hear the kids playing outside. I know all of the names of the dogs that walk by with their owners. I keep at arms length from my neighbors, who are pleasant and respectful, for the most part.

But my neighbor in the house to the right of me is a royal bitch, as is her lazy-ass daughter. They used to fill up my trash can with their trash, among other things. They also get into nasty all-out screaming matches. Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's sad. But mostly it's annoying.

But hey, I'm not going to complain, because living here is sooooo much better than when I lived in an apartment. Talk about bad neighbors!

I hear ya, Jack. I once made the mistake of dating someone in my apartment building. He was like a little puppy dog, always following me around. Talk about clingy! I could not stand it. Shortly after I broke up with him, he moved to another town, never to be heard from again. He was the reason I initiated my 25 mile rule. I don't like dating anyone who lives within 25 miles of me. That way, I don't have to worry about him hanging around all the time or dropping in unexpectedly. Works for me!

A good neighbor is a fellow who smiles at you over the back fence, but doesn't climb over it. (heard this somewhere)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Pamela, one of my admin buddies (Vince) might be in town Sunday and he said he wants to go with me to see a certain-film-that-cannot-be-discussed-here-until-it-is-released. At any rate, you're welcome to join us. Send a PM.

Zen, I'm happy -- very happy -- that you enjoyed your Zardoz revisit and finally let The Tabernacle speak to you. Zardoz is a good and just diety. The stone fits.

And we're all happy with our neighbors. We are the world. I'd love to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. Coca-Cola!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Pamela, one of my admin buddies (Vince) might be in town Sunday and he said he wants to go with me to see a certain-film-that-cannot-be-discussed-here-until-it-is-released. At any rate, you're welcome to join us. Send a PM.

Zen, I'm happy -- very happy -- that you enjoyed your Zardoz revisit and finally let The Tabernacle speak to you. Zardoz is a good and just diety. The stone fits.

And we're all happy with our neighbors. We are the world. I'd love to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. Coca-Cola!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have some great neighbors. Many came to my rescue when my wife was very ill a few years back.

Hey Zen, can I come over??? I am very handy at toilets and things.
The guy I am sharing an apt. with down here in LA just announced he was going to be moving in with his GF; he forgot to tell me about the divorce he was going through when I moved in last month. Any open apartment in your complex?

Jack
Found this great freeware screen saver for my pocket PC - HAL 2000. Complete with audio...occasionaly the random remark like "My Mind is going" fits very well in meetings:D

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_d...&associateid=9

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have some great neighbors. Many came to my rescue when my wife was very ill a few years back.

Hey Zen, can I come over??? I am very handy at toilets and things.
The guy I am sharing an apt. with down here in LA just announced he was going to be moving in with his GF; he forgot to tell me about the divorce he was going through when I moved in last month. Any open apartment in your complex?

Jack
Found this great freeware screen saver for my pocket PC - HAL 2000. Complete with audio...occasionaly the random remark like "My Mind is going" fits very well in meetings:D

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_d...&associateid=9

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Sorry Grant, the one (flat) we spoke of in earlier PM's was picked up by the girl and her undies. Hmm, do I put a smiley or a frown? Not a complex really, but large flats above stores.

Grant, did you lose the number I gave? PM me again. They should have something...you'll have to go at least mid-town, for that older style. Not that far from where you work though.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Sorry Grant, the one (flat) we spoke of in earlier PM's was picked up by the girl and her undies. Hmm, do I put a smiley or a frown? Not a complex really, but large flats above stores.

Grant, did you lose the number I gave? PM me again. They should have something...you'll have to go at least mid-town, for that older style. Not that far from where you work though.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Love that sig photo Jack, erm what film is it from? A hint? Anything.;)
And back to our main topic, Zardoz. Now John Boorman had of course directed Deliverance before Zardoz, so I was really[STOP IT STEVE!] okay our neighbors seem like quiet decent people, and never complain about the regular loud low frequency rumbles coming from our abode (damn that spicy curry), or loud moaning from the missus. So we're lucky I suppose.:emoji_thumbsup:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Love that sig photo Jack, erm what film is it from? A hint? Anything.;)
And back to our main topic, Zardoz. Now John Boorman had of course directed Deliverance before Zardoz, so I was really[STOP IT STEVE!] okay our neighbors seem like quiet decent people, and never complain about the regular loud low frequency rumbles coming from our abode (damn that spicy curry), or loud moaning from the missus. So we're lucky I suppose.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Zen, Dolby 3.0 is only three-channel stereo. Basically, the front speakers are active but the surrounds are silent.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." Remember that one, from 1971?

"Mama mia, that's a some speecy meatball." From the same campaign, also in 1971.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Zen, Dolby 3.0 is only three-channel stereo. Basically, the front speakers are active but the surrounds are silent.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." Remember that one, from 1971?

"Mama mia, that's a some speecy meatball." From the same campaign, also in 1971.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my neighbors are okay...

the ones on my left are cool ... they've offered to let us use their pool whenever we want, but it feels weird just cruising into their backyard, so we haven't done it yet. but it's a generous and thoughtful gesture.

the lady on my right is nice as well. she has a really cool dog that likes me. :)

the one across the street we call "w. t." -- don't want the kids to know what we're talking about. but in reality they're not that bad.

the ones in my backyard are more of a hassle. the caddy-corner neighbors like to bounce their basketball around 2am and have jacuzzi parties until about 3am. zen, i think they're fellow "enthusiasts".

i can't wait to intall that hal screen-saver on my ipaq ... that'll just give my fiance one more reason to roll her eyes at me. :emoji_thumbsup:

[edit] rob's story made me think about the time i was visiting my sister in hawaii. i came home and as i pulled into the garage (i wasn't even in the house yet) i heard the rather LOUD ... ummm ... "noises" .... associated with some rather aggressive love-making. thank god it was NOT my sister - so i knew it was her roomate. as i obviously knew the roomate was rather attractive, i calmly sat down in the garage for a few minutes ... listened with an approving consensus, then walked down to the beach for a while to allow them their privacy. (hey, what can i say ... i was like 20 at the time....)

good times...good times....

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my neighbors are okay...

the ones on my left are cool ... they've offered to let us use their pool whenever we want, but it feels weird just cruising into their backyard, so we haven't done it yet. but it's a generous and thoughtful gesture.

the lady on my right is nice as well. she has a really cool dog that likes me. :)

the one across the street we call "w. t." -- don't want the kids to know what we're talking about. but in reality they're not that bad.

the ones in my backyard are more of a hassle. the caddy-corner neighbors like to bounce their basketball around 2am and have jacuzzi parties until about 3am. zen, i think they're fellow "enthusiasts".

i can't wait to intall that hal screen-saver on my ipaq ... that'll just give my fiance one more reason to roll her eyes at me. :emoji_thumbsup:

[edit] rob's story made me think about the time i was visiting my sister in hawaii. i came home and as i pulled into the garage (i wasn't even in the house yet) i heard the rather LOUD ... ummm ... "noises" .... associated with some rather aggressive love-making. thank god it was NOT my sister - so i knew it was her roomate. as i obviously knew the roomate was rather attractive, i calmly sat down in the garage for a few minutes ... listened with an approving consensus, then walked down to the beach for a while to allow them their privacy. (hey, what can i say ... i was like 20 at the time....)

good times...good times....

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

I wasn't aware of this but pressumed as such. Thus, the sampling of phantom modes to get it to open up a bit. I just found the sound a bit disappointing, lots of opportunity there.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

I wasn't aware of this but pressumed as such. Thus, the sampling of phantom modes to get it to open up a bit. I just found the sound a bit disappointing, lots of opportunity there.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Great neighbours here...

Moved into a brand new neighbourhood a couple of years ago.

We only have one house next to ours, as we side onto an alley entrance. They are great people, and have become friends.

Across the alley, some new folks just moved in, and seem very cool. A sleep therapist and a pilot.

We also know the folks two and three houses up... all great folks. We DID have some twits across the street, but they moved a while back, so all is good.

Compared to my old neighbourhood, this is paradise. At my old place, I had a 14-year-old smoking on her front step (next to mine) every day. Mom would supply the sigs. Her dog ruined their living room by PEEING everywhere, and she'd already had a couple of abortions. Meantime, the folks across the street were making drug deals in the wee hours of the morning. I lived in a seven-unit condo/townhouse, and didn't want to know ANY of my creepy neighbours.

That all being said, I still don't have anything like that. ;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Great neighbours here...

Moved into a brand new neighbourhood a couple of years ago.

We only have one house next to ours, as we side onto an alley entrance. They are great people, and have become friends.

Across the alley, some new folks just moved in, and seem very cool. A sleep therapist and a pilot.

We also know the folks two and three houses up... all great folks. We DID have some twits across the street, but they moved a while back, so all is good.

Compared to my old neighbourhood, this is paradise. At my old place, I had a 14-year-old smoking on her front step (next to mine) every day. Mom would supply the sigs. Her dog ruined their living room by PEEING everywhere, and she'd already had a couple of abortions. Meantime, the folks across the street were making drug deals in the wee hours of the morning. I lived in a seven-unit condo/townhouse, and didn't want to know ANY of my creepy neighbours.

That all being said, I still don't have anything like that. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks