What's new

I Love My Neighbors (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter
I've been thinking about it again Jack and it may very well show up sometime in the not so very distant future. Not too long ago similar solicitors arrived in a very large SUV right outside my house, which they seemed to use as their base camp. Alas, circumstances were not as fortuitous as before and no sounds of carnage were coming from my TV.

Anyway, given the housing market here I would normally expect the house next door to be sold very quickly. However masses of dead plants, concrete, an old hot tub, a rusted out BBQ, piles of plastic piping, and other less identifiable crap are all sitting in the driveway, next to the "For Sale" sign. I'm in no hurry though for new neighbors. The Pile 'o Trash is very quiet, keeps to itself, and doesn't have unruly company over.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I've been thinking about it again Jack and it may very well show up sometime in the not so very distant future. Not too long ago similar solicitors arrived in a very large SUV right outside my house, which they seemed to use as their base camp. Alas, circumstances were not as fortuitous as before and no sounds of carnage were coming from my TV.

Anyway, given the housing market here I would normally expect the house next door to be sold very quickly. However masses of dead plants, concrete, an old hot tub, a rusted out BBQ, piles of plastic piping, and other less identifiable crap are all sitting in the driveway, next to the "For Sale" sign. I'm in no hurry though for new neighbors. The Pile 'o Trash is very quiet, keeps to itself, and doesn't have unruly company over.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Have fears of wildfires had an effect on home sales up there, Julie? After last year, I'd be very wary of such concerns.

Oh, and once again: I really like my neighbors. I like my whole neighborhood.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Have fears of wildfires had an effect on home sales up there, Julie? After last year, I'd be very wary of such concerns.

Oh, and once again: I really like my neighbors. I like my whole neighborhood.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I love my neighborhood too—we live just a block from a middle school and I love watching the kids on the way to and from school and just generally hanging. We also live just a few blocks from SMU and (IMO) a university community is always a good place to live. Convenient, good restaurants, shopping (where you can stroll—not a strip mall), theaters, a great, independent video store and on and on.

Great neighbors that we live, but don’t know all that well. A block party once a summer works out pretty well.

And D Magazine just gave us the best suburb in Dallas—we are actually not too much of a burb, being surrounded by Dallas.

Julie K

Screenwriter

There seem to have been no ill effects. While there have been a lot of very close fires none have swept through the city causing the devastation seen elsewhere. I don't believe any homes were lost in the last fire although there were some close calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks