What's new

Need advice on what subwoofer I should get to pair with my Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar to use in my CO-OP to not anger my neighbors (1 Viewer)

allstarr373

Auditioning
Real Name
vincent
I recently found out that my all in 1 Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar has the ability for me to add a subwoofer to it. As a result, I am now looking for a good subwoofer to pair with the soundbar however my space is a bit limited and my living room layout is not idle. Caddy corner tv, a long wall on the side, swivel fireplace under the tv preventing the subwoofer from being under the tv.

The main thing is that I do have neighbors under me and next door to me. I am looking to be a good neighbor and not annoy anyone however although I love the soundbar I feel that it is missing that bass sound effect, that punch/kick during parts of the movie which I was used to having with my previous soundbars.

We watch a lot of 4k movies and streaming tv. I currently have a Panasonic ub820 4k player, apple 4k tv, and 82 inch Samsung q90r tv 2019.

We don't really listen to music through the soundbar as we listen to it through Alexa.

My budget is around $600.

The distance from the tv to my sofa is about 15 feet. I do have a sectional, and the living room is open concept. I believe I will need a wireless subwoofer as under my tv and soundbar I installed a swivel fireplace to fill up the gap under my caddy corner tv (the only option I had) I used to have a subwoofer that came with a soundbar behind the sofa, as well as I tried it on the left and right sides of the sofa.

I'm just looking for the best one, soundwise, price-wise, investment-wise for my setup as well as something that is good on sound where it won't shake my picture frames as I have no intentions of getting kicked out of my place lol. And also something that will last. I included some pictures of my living room layout.

Attachments

• IMG_20190204_130046.jpg
    IMG_20190204_130046.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210205_160355.jpg
    20210205_160355.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 109
  • LIVING ROOM LAYOUT.jpg
    LIVING ROOM LAYOUT.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 115

Michael_V

Second Unit
This was years ago but curious what you got. For that price, I’m guessing an entry level SVS?

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
I don't know what they did but my solution in a similar situation was seat kicker coils on each seating position plus a small sealed 8 or 10 inch sub (its been years and I can't remember as we are in a house now)

YANG

Screenwriter
this reflects a typical situation in big sized apartments where one lives closely to another neighbor which segregates just by a wall of concrete and bricks...

in such situation i would often ask those who came to forum asking for advise, "What Are Your Most Frequent Genre of Movie Choice Which Gets to be PLAYED Frequently?"
if one favors Horror/Drama/Comedy big subs may not be necessary. however if one favors Action/War/SciFi flicks, one would find a small subwoofer will not be able to deliver, if the individual lives in a place where such big size of hall would demand room filling sound...

i know i'm late to reply to this thread, especially to TS. in his situation, where TS sweet spot is about 5meters away from the screen, sitting backed to a wall, i would have suggested a minimal 6inch sub for Horror/Drama/Comedy which would bring low frequency ambience and bass in musical scores to a better level to ears. a minimal 10inch sub should TS favors Action/War/SciFi more to bring out those impacts of lows... without any worries to disturb the neighbors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks