What's new

I Love My Neighbors (1 Viewer)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
"It's Delightful, it's De-lovely, it's DeSoto!"

heck, I remember when Wonder Bread only built strong bodies 8 ways, about the same time 5-Day Deodorant Pads were supposed to let one go nearly a week without bathing.

On the OT, I live in a condo complex made up of separated small houses grouped around a central courtyard or pool.

All the analog tv stations here are UHF, so each unit has a little UHF antenna on the roof that looks like the wire rack out of a toaster oven with a couple of bow ties in front of it, roughly 15" by 10". Since I got HD, and two of the locals are broadcasting thier HD signals on VHF, I put up a rather large (6 feet long by 4 feet wide or so) VHF/UHF antenna which is quite a bit more conspicuous. It's been up nearly a year and nobody's complained about it once!

I've also had no complaints whatsoever about my sub blasting away at 2 am. These units were originally apts and an extra 1 or 2" thick coat of stucco was applied when they were converted to condos, so the noise really can't be heard more than 6 feet away from an outside wall as long as my windows are shut.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
"It's Delightful, it's De-lovely, it's DeSoto!"

heck, I remember when Wonder Bread only built strong bodies 8 ways, about the same time 5-Day Deodorant Pads were supposed to let one go nearly a week without bathing.

On the OT, I live in a condo complex made up of separated small houses grouped around a central courtyard or pool.

All the analog tv stations here are UHF, so each unit has a little UHF antenna on the roof that looks like the wire rack out of a toaster oven with a couple of bow ties in front of it, roughly 15" by 10". Since I got HD, and two of the locals are broadcasting thier HD signals on VHF, I put up a rather large (6 feet long by 4 feet wide or so) VHF/UHF antenna which is quite a bit more conspicuous. It's been up nearly a year and nobody's complained about it once!

I've also had no complaints whatsoever about my sub blasting away at 2 am. These units were originally apts and an extra 1 or 2" thick coat of stucco was applied when they were converted to condos, so the noise really can't be heard more than 6 feet away from an outside wall as long as my windows are shut.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
My neighbor across the street has an Irish Pub in his basement. It's always nice to go over and sit at the bar and have a drink and relax. They watch our house and water our trees and plants and we do the same for them when one of us is on vacation.

A big :emoji_thumbsup: to good neighbors.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
My neighbor across the street has an Irish Pub in his basement. It's always nice to go over and sit at the bar and have a drink and relax. They watch our house and water our trees and plants and we do the same for them when one of us is on vacation.

A big :emoji_thumbsup: to good neighbors.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

I remember George Carlin talking about those.

"Hey hey! Look at the goofy guy with things under his arms!"

"Go into the kitchen, and put a bay leaf under each arm. Doesn't stop you from perspiring, but you smell like SOUP!"

:laugh:

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

I remember George Carlin talking about those.

"Hey hey! Look at the goofy guy with things under his arms!"

"Go into the kitchen, and put a bay leaf under each arm. Doesn't stop you from perspiring, but you smell like SOUP!"

:laugh:

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
My wife and I are in our early 20's. All the people in our neighborhood are in there 50-80's. So it is a nice neighborhood. I dont have to worry about taking my kids outside or walking the dog.

No one has complained about my SVS yet. Wich is cool. My neighbor across the street helped me do this to my yard....

Before....

After.....

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! I no more bees you bastards!

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
My wife and I are in our early 20's. All the people in our neighborhood are in there 50-80's. So it is a nice neighborhood. I dont have to worry about taking my kids outside or walking the dog.

No one has complained about my SVS yet. Wich is cool. My neighbor across the street helped me do this to my yard....

Before....

After.....

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! I no more bees you bastards!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, that's right out of Leave it to Beaver! So Americana.

Bingo, RobertR!

Anybody remember an animated 60-second spot featuring a man in a chair arguing with his stomach, who is sitting in another chair?

Or how Benson & Hedges promised its customers a bathing-beauty figure (to the image of a knock-out woman's torso in a one-piece bathing suit)?

And, of course, "no more greasy kid stuff." Never a problem with this child of the '60s, though.

Oh, and I like my neighbors. Sorry. Not nice to hijack threads.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, that's right out of Leave it to Beaver! So Americana.

Bingo, RobertR!

Anybody remember an animated 60-second spot featuring a man in a chair arguing with his stomach, who is sitting in another chair?

Or how Benson & Hedges promised its customers a bathing-beauty figure (to the image of a knock-out woman's torso in a one-piece bathing suit)?

And, of course, "no more greasy kid stuff." Never a problem with this child of the '60s, though.

Oh, and I like my neighbors. Sorry. Not nice to hijack threads.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

Wait a minute...those are my pickup lines!!!

Back on topic, I also live in a great neighborhood. It's mostly populated by retired folks and younger couples like us (mid-late 20s). No noise problems here, and the whole area is regularly watched and thus very safe.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

Wait a minute...those are my pickup lines!!!

Back on topic, I also live in a great neighborhood. It's mostly populated by retired folks and younger couples like us (mid-late 20s). No noise problems here, and the whole area is regularly watched and thus very safe.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Julie, remember that thread idea you ran by me a couple of years ago? You know, the one about the solicitors arriving at your door while you were screening one of your beloved zombie flicks and there was a lot of screaming and the solicitors flinched? Wonder how that would play?

Meanwhile, the apartment building across the street from me -- the one that had an airplane crash into it, killing five humans and two cats -- well, it's finally being rebuilt. It's still mostly a skeleton of a building, but there already is a "for rent" sign posted.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Julie, remember that thread idea you ran by me a couple of years ago? You know, the one about the solicitors arriving at your door while you were screening one of your beloved zombie flicks and there was a lot of screaming and the solicitors flinched? Wonder how that would play?

Meanwhile, the apartment building across the street from me -- the one that had an airplane crash into it, killing five humans and two cats -- well, it's finally being rebuilt. It's still mostly a skeleton of a building, but there already is a "for rent" sign posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks