What's new

I just had the best Ice Cream ever!!! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Does anyone make a good licorice ice cream anymore? Here in Maine a family-owned ice cream stand used to make this, and while it made a person's tongue look like it had been licking ash trays, it was superlative ice cream. Now that the business has been sold to another family, this flavor is no longer being made.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just thought I'd resurrect this ice cream thread to say that Pathmark in the northern NJ area is having an Edy's Dreamery sale, buy 1, get 2(!) free.. I bought three pints yesterday, chocolate peanut butter cup, a cherry ba da bing, and a vanilla concoction of some sort (i don't remember the name)...

Jay

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
Well, thanks a lot, Jay. I read this thread and had to interrupt the Buffy marathon on the Space Channel to go get some of B&J's Half Baked! Mmmmm...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I had Edy's "Fortunate vanilla" last night and it was delicious... Vanilla with chocolate covered fortune cookie pieces and a fudge swirl.

Tonight I think I try the chocolate peanut butter cup flavor.... :yummy:

Love the first cone from a freshly open ice cream carton too...

Jay

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
If you save homemade ice cream it seems to be worse than store bought after about 8 hours.
I make my own ice cream and it still tastes great days later. It doesn't ice up. I have a secret ingredient.

I also make my own sorbet. The secret to keeping sorbet from turning to ice is adding a shot of two of Dark Rum (or your favorite alcohol)! Yum.

- kim

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
I will give the karma sutra a try next time i am out for B&J's...my favorite B&J's would have to be Nuts, Wavy Gravy or Rainforest Crunch, but i haven't seen those for awhile. Lately its been Pistachi Pistachio, One Sweet Whirled or Chunky Monkey.

Devin U

Second Unit
Ive had alot of ice cream in my day, and I still think Cornish Ice cream, avalible in England, was the best Ive ever had. I think it's made with butter and clotted cream. sounds wierd, but, oh, it's sooooo good.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Speaking of making ice cream, how hard is it to make, any recommendations on a good machine or do you do it all by hand and some kind of mixer? I'd be sort of interested in making my own if I could, a good plain old Peanut Butter ice cream in vanilla. Nobody makes that anymore, it's all like peanut butter cup or peanut butter fudge swirl kind of stuff. Welsh Farms makes one but even when I find them in the stores, I don't find the flavor.

Jay

Kevin Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone tried Godiva White Chocolate Raspberry? Thank God this is only sold in pints!

Also submitted for your approval, Breyers Butter Pecan. The pecans are saltier than others', which makes a nice counterpoint to the vanilla. It has real vanilla bean specks, which my wife somehow dislikes. Too bad.

I think Breyers' Homemade Vanilla is excellent. The name is somewhat oxymoronic--a homemade product manufactured in huge batches in a factory?--but the flavor is reminiscent of the hand cranked ice cream we used to make at my grandparents' house in the '60s. I think that stuff tasted better because of all the cranking involved, but Breyers' is creamier and holds up in the freezer.

These are not technically ice cream, but they're great: Baskin Robbins Daquiri Ice and Margarita Ice. Yumm...

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I've always been partial to Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I always seem to recall the line from Miss Congeniality: "Yeah, I'm gonna get chip-faced."

And some of you may recall my rant on the retirement of the the Mint Chocolate Cookie flavor of Ben and Jerrys. I loved that one, dammit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks