What's new

What is your favorite Ice Cream and how much can you eat in a sitting? (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, I did not know there was an ice cream thread here but I will have to plug Adirondack Creamery...

http://adirondackcreamery.com/

My personal favorite flavor but they are all good...

AC Ice Cream.jpg

Only sold in New York so you'll need to live in NY to get your hands on it.

AC Egg Nog.jpg

AC Pumpkin.jpg

AC Peppermint.jpg

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brian,

Because you posted the B&J flavor that started it all, I took the time to watch the video. Very funny (Chedder Goldfish and Bacon, of course).

Super Fudge Chunk was the very first B&J flavor I discovered. It still remains as their best offering. There's nothing like those fudge chunks embedded in ice cream.

I think you will really love the Peanut Butter Fudge core.

I have developed my own system of eating eat. Your mileage will vary....

1. Microwave completely frozen pint on high for 50 seconds to really soften it up
2. If you love vanilla, start with the chocolate side. If you love chocolate, start with the vanilla side. You are saving your favorite flavor for last. Work around the fudge core, best you can, saving that for last.
3. As you near the bottom of the pint, eating your favorite side of flavor, start mixing in the fudge core. There will be gobs, and it will be awesome!

Of course, you could completely disregard the above and eat it all in one spoon swirl.

Right now I am laying off ice cream. I had surgery two weeks ago on my leg. Off from work for a month. Been sitting around doing nothing and put on 30lbs. over the past few months. So, I gotta lay off ice cream for awhile. This thread does not help.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Ben and Jerry's ice cream is available in Australia but it is very expensive.

Has anyone tried deep-fried ice cream? It is sold in many outlets in Australia - usually in restaurants. I am not a fan of it as the ice cream is always vanilla flavoured.

With temperatures up to 45 degrees celsius in pars of Australia at the moment, ice cream is hugely popular.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Super Fudge Chunk was the very first B&J flavor I discovered. It still remains as their best offering. There's nothing like those fudge chunks embedded in ice cream.

Exactly. I think it's the white chocolate fudge chunks that add to the uniqueness of the flavor. And I don't even like pecans or walnuts but mixed in with the rich chocolate ice cream and all those fudge chunks and chocolate-covered almonds it's just the perfect texture and flavor of everything that is yummy!

1. Microwave completely frozen pint on high for 50 seconds to really soften it up
2. If you love vanilla, start with the chocolate side. If you love chocolate, start with the vanilla side. You are saving your favorite flavor for last. Work around the fudge core, best you can, saving that for last.
3. As you near the bottom of the pint, eating your favorite side of flavor, start mixing in the fudge core. There will be gobs, and it will be awesome!

Of course, you could completely disregard the above and eat it all in one spoon swirl.

That sounds like a good course of action. I now know what's added to my weekend agenda!

Right now I am laying off ice cream. I had surgery two weeks ago on my leg. Off from work for a month. Been sitting around doing nothing and put on 30lbs. over the past few months.

Sorry to hear about your leg but sincerely hope you are recovering from the surgery on schedule. Being immobile is a hindrance on both the mind and body. Lucky for you that at least you have an awesome home theater to help with distractions during recovery!

So, I gotta lay off ice cream for awhile. This thread does not help.

I hear you on that as I wasn't even aware of these "Core" flavors until this thread! Now not only am I jonesing for the aforementioned Peanut Butter Fudge Core you recommended but after further research I'm also infinitely curious about the Brownie Batter Core and the Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Core. Too many ice creams to try with so little caloric-threshold challenges to endure!

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I thought I would report back that I've been through about four pints of the Peanut Butter Fudge Core since early January. I just have to shake my fist at you, Ron, because that is the most delightfully sinful confection! It really is unbelievably satisfying to scratch that all-that-is-holy ice cream itch. That fudge core should be added to all of Ben & Jerry's ice creams!

On another note, I also stumbled upon those Magnum ice cream bars offhandedly by buying one at a gas station recently. They're ridiculously good too! And I'm liking them not only for their richness but because they're smaller than your average ice cream bar and only come three to a package instead of four or six. Probably twice the fat and calories regardless of size. Still, they're the perfect size because they don't melt off the stick before you're finished and the shells don't seem to break apart and fall off while eating them either. The Double Caramel, Double Chocolate, and Infinity Chocolate are insane.

magnum_dca_300.png

magnum_dch_300.png

magnum_ic_300.png

I have got to stay away from the frozen food section of the grocery store. :blink: And this thread!
drool.gif

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brian,

I am smiling ear-to-ear at your post.

Yeah, Peanut Butter Fudge core is my favorite. Oddly, Americone Dream is my second favorite.

There are also other CORE flavors such as Peanut Butter Cookie, Caramel, and I believe, Cheesecake.

I have heard great things about Magnum. I will have to give them a try at some point. However, post surgery, I am 25lbs. overweight and ice cream just doesn't fit into my diet these days.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
My current favorite. Have gone through 3 tubs in our house since it came out last month. :)

Blue-Bell-Ice-Cream-Cone-Press-Shot_1487960542707_9040891_ver1.0_1280_720_1487968892263_9041814_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate swirls, dark chocolate covered sugar cone pieces, and peanuts pieces. Soooo good!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My current favorite. Have gone through 3 tubs in our house since it came out last month. :)

Blue-Bell-Ice-Cream-Cone-Press-Shot_1487960542707_9040891_ver1.0_1280_720_1487968892263_9041814_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate swirls, dark chocolate covered sugar cone pieces, and peanuts pieces. Soooo good!
You had me until peanuts. I like peanuts but not in ice cream.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just picked up a container of the Breyer's gelato. Never tried their version before but it's gotten good reviews and was on sale.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

Because you posted the B&J flavor that started it all, I took the time to watch the video. Very funny (Chedder Goldfish and Bacon, of course).

Right now I am laying off ice cream. I had surgery two weeks ago on my leg. Off from work for a month. Been sitting around doing nothing and put on 30lbs. over the past few months. So, I gotta lay off ice cream for awhile. This thread does not help.
An entire pint in one sitting? My favorite was a local grocery store that sold their own recipe of Raspberry Cheesecake, wonderful. But I had it in small doses, maybe 1/2 cup at a time, sadly they don't make it any longer.

Hope the leg is doing better (responding to a nearly three month old post). I'm going to have to have a knee replacement later this year, not looking forward to it. Steroid injections last month and again in May, but the inevitable is coming up. Maybe ice cream can ease my pain :P Hope I avoid the weight gain, but I'll be a couch potato for a while.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Usually I prefer frozen custard over ice cream because I feel the texture is more silky and pleasurable to my palate. However, you can't get it at the supermarket and luckily there is a local place near me that's been open for 30 years that's spectacular; alas, they're not open during the winter months. When they're closed I can pick up a quart at Culver's but it's not quite the same or as good.

Still, it doesn't take much for me to pick something up at the grocery store every once and a while and when I do it's Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk or Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

new-york-super-fudge-detail.png

chocolate-fudge-brownie-detail.png

I'll have to look for and try the Peanut Butter Fudge Core that Ron has spoke lovingly about, though, because—holy cats—it looks delicious!
peanut-butter-fudge-detail.png

And, yes, I can easily eat the entire pint in one sitting without a single thought of doing so. However, it makes me feel guilty so I try not to do it very often. This is probably why I stick with Ben and Jerry's so I only have a pint or two in the house because if I bought half or whole gallons it'd get ridiculous!
Definitely Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie for me. But I don't eat it often. As a person gets older, dietary considerations become more important.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just picked up a container of the Breyer's gelato. Never tried their version before but it's gotten good reviews and was on sale.

Ok, hate to respond to my own post but I just wanted to say that their Pistachio Biscotti flavor was outstanding. Ben & Jerry's pistachio is usually my go-to for that flavor but this Breyers gelato is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks