What's new

What is your favorite Ice Cream and how much can you eat in a sitting? (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I am a cookies and cream kind of guy if you're talking just plain ice cream. However, I LOVE all things peanut butter when it comes to ice cream. Ben and Jerry's used to have a flavor with dilbert on the carton. It had something to do with pistachios, and it was the only Ben and Jerry's flavor that I liked. Wish they would bring it back.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Scott Burke said:
I am a cookies and cream kind of guy if you're talking just plain ice cream. However, I LOVE all things peanut butter when it comes to ice cream. Ben and Jerry's used to have a flavor with dilbert on the carton. It had something to do with pistachios, and it was the only Ben and Jerry's flavor that I liked. Wish they would bring it back.
So do I, I am a sucker for Peanut Butter and Ice Cream so putting the two together is like heaven on earth. I also prefer Peanut Butter and plain vanilla flavors, m favorite has been Welsh Farms, a local to NJ ice cream brand. Turkey Hill has a decent flavor too but the majority of PB ice cream is typically "Peanut Butter Cup".

Stewarts in NY has a good Peanut Butter Pandemonium if you like a busy PB ice cream and Blue Bunny has a good PB flavor too..

Jay

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Scott Burke said:
Whatever happened to the Rainforest Crunch company, that not only provided Ben & Jerry's with Rainforest Crunch ice cream, but also its more Woodstocky-themed variation, Wavy Gravy?
(Rainforest Crunch with hard-fudge ripple. :) )

I can't complain, though, as here in the Paradise of New England, I'm not only within a bus ride of Bart's ice cream in Amherst, MA (the home of Three Geeks and a Redhead: Coconut ice cream, chocolate chunks, brownie and raspberry), but also live a two block walk away from Herrell's of Northampton, MA.As in, STEVE Herrell, who had his own ice-cream-geek franchise cruelly taken away from him in the 80's, and came up with the concept of combining Oreos or crushed Heath with vanilla a good five years before B&J did.
(Was in the grocery store one time with my sister, who also married a fellow ice-cream geek--Someone walked past us in the aisle, she grabbed my arm and whispered, "OMG, that's Steve!", as if she'd just spotted an incognito rockstar.) :lol:

As for "Favorite", though...sadly, Edy's lost their license with the Girl Scouts, and can no longer market Girl Scout Cookies Samoa (caramel ice cream, coconut, chocolate and cookie bits) under its proper name.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Breyers has the official Girl Scout cookie flavors now. Their Samoa is good if you like Breyers, which admittedly isn't for everyone. :)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Ejanss said:
I can't complain, though, as here in the Paradise of New England, I'm not only within a bus ride of Bart's ice cream in Amherst, MA (the home of Three Geeks and a Redhead: Coconut ice cream, chocolate chunks, brownie and raspberry), but also live a two block walk away from Herrell's of Northampton, MA.
As in, STEVE Herrell, who had his own ice-cream-geek franchise cruelly taken away from him in the 80's, and came up with the concept of combining Oreos or crushed Heath with vanilla a good five years before B&J did.
He's still managing to pioneer some new flavors, though:So you think you like cookie-dough ice cream?...How about Lemon Cake Batter flavor? Or Twinkie? :D
And for fall, I usually like their Acorn Squash flavor (similar to Pumpkin pie, only milder on the cinnamon and more buttery).

Although I'll usually take their Burnt Sugar Caramel, or any variation on Malted chocolate/vanilla.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Good grief! I've got a tub of their cookie dough flavor in my freezer. First time in probably a couple of years that I've bought Blue Bell, too. My son and I have both eaten it; thank god we're OK.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
My favorite is Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip! In Lancaster, PA, there is an Amish farm that makes their own ice cream fresh from the cow! It's called Lapps Ice Cream and is the creamiest ice cream I've ever tasted!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I made ice cream with my daughter awhile back, and it kind of reminded why I don't do it more often. It's just kind of a big production and a lot to clean up when all is said and done. And then the storage of the maker and bowl. Today I found out about this, and I'm very tempted to get it, especially with the 25% coupon Amazon has for it.

http://chefnsweetspot.com/

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Probably just a nice generic grocery store strawberry. Filled with artificial colors and fake flavoring, but always liked it. I know there are a lot of higher end, gourmet style ice creams and I haven't had it in over ten years, but just a fond childhood memory.

Slightly off topic, but I lost a possible job due to ice cream. In one of those silly psychological things to see how you'd get along with people (can't believe people have jobs doing crap like that), was asked what kind of ice cream I'd like when with a group of people. WTF does that have to do with an IT Tech job? I simply said it wouldn't matter, not a big ice cream eater.

Wrong answer. I've since learned to "play the game" with such ridiculous questions. HR people should be singled out and shot, they do nothing worthwhile yet somehow justify their positions. If you actually do get hired, they're just gossip funnels to the higher ups, do not trust them.

Looking back, kind of glad it didn't work out. I could have been converted to the loony tunes and started drinking the Kool-Aid :laugh:

Last edited:

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'm a vanilla bean Breyers fan. However, in Lancaster, Pa. There's an Amish dairy farm called Lapps. It's made fresh from their cows and it is the creamiest ice cream I have ever tasted. Their vanilla and mint chocolate chip (it's white, no green coloring) are my favorites. Ice cream is my absolute down fall. I could eat a quart of Breyers in one sitting if I allowed myself to.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Chapman's Vanilla. I can eat a lot of it, like a liter of it in a sitting, so I don't buy it very often. I don't know what they put in it. It is like the crack cocaine of ice cream.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Slightly off topic, but I lost a possible job due to ice cream. In one of those silly psychological things to see how you'd get along with people (can't believe people have jobs doing crap like that), was asked what kind of ice cream I'd like when with a group of people. WTF does that have to do with an IT Tech job? I simply said it wouldn't matter, not a big ice cream eater.

Wrong answer. I've since learned to "play the game" with such ridiculous questions. HR people should be singled out and shot, they do nothing worthwhile yet somehow justify their positions. If you actually do get hired, they're just gossip funnels to the higher ups, do not trust them.

I sometimes think they only ask one question when they are hiring HR people. The question is, "Are you a psychopath?". Answer yes and you're hired. Answer no and it is, "Come back and re-apply when you are". ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I made ice cream with my daughter awhile back, and it kind of reminded why I don't do it more often. It's just kind of a big production and a lot to clean up when all is said and done. And then the storage of the maker and bowl. Today I found out about this, and I'm very tempted to get it, especially with the 25% coupon Amazon has for it.

http://chefnsweetspot.com/

Glad to see this thread resurrected.

That looks like an interesting device. Just glazed over it. Didn't check the price. How much is it?

These days I am laying off the Ice Cream because I am trying to keep the weight off. I am still big on Blue Bunny and Ben and Jerry's (Peanut Butter Fudge Core) when in the mood.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Glad to see this thread resurrected.

That looks like an interesting device. Just glazed over it. Didn't check the price. How much is it?

Normally 49.99. With 25% off it was 37.50 (coupon appears no longer available). I went ahead and got it. If anything, it would be a more interactive (though potentially messier) way to make ice cream with the daughter. Though she was also very fascinated by the spinning electric ice cream maker. :)

Upon reflection, it's a little ironic I would get this, as the first time I saw Coldstone Creamery in action, I was kind of grossed out by. Now I have a mini, DIY version of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks