What's new

I couldn't care less, but... (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
How about ending with "at": why "Where are you at?", when "Where are you?" is perfectly fine, and shorter?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

It wasn't homosexual fan-fiction was it? That is always hilarious, I remember this one time I was doing a search on the TV series Wiseguy about DVD rumors, and found the Wiseguy homosexual fan-fiction (WHFF) website. The whole office not only laughed histerically at the inept writing of nearly every member, but were amazed that a website for WHFF would have nearly 100 regular posters. The internet truely does bring like-minds together.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

Use the word stripper in a thread, and your eyes will get drawn to it.

One of these days, I'm going to get arrested by the grammar police.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Not the series he was sending during the off-season, which I scanned through; it was tolerated because during the summer break there is, for obvious reasons, very little regular traffic. But recently, he started incorporating the names of other list members (who'd expressed displeasure at his bandwidth-wasting nonsense), and those I just deleted unread anyway so I'm not sure -- and don't really care.

Sorry to go OT. I'm sure most of you couldn't care less. Or could you? :D

And I'm still waiting for Jeremiah to fill us in on his "double-negative" story...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't care less about who could or couldn't care less just as long as there is less caring to be done.

I'm terrible with the your and you're though.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Just remember "you're" is short for "you are", and you are (you're!) most of the way there to getting it straight.

More confusing is "their", "there" and "they're", which is where self-smug linguistic award winner got tripped up, but that's another story...

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Check this out, he must have read it here, lol.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112268,00.html[/url]

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
I think that the link might not work...anyways it's a small article written on the 24th about this same subject.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
For all you know, the writer is an HTFer and sometimes turns to the board for inspiration for topics :D

Wouldn't be the first time "real journalists" turned to internet sources: on the football (soccer) mailing list I referred to earlier, someone once deliberately started a rumour about a potential transfer target; sure enough a day or two later it was included in journalists' speculation, although there was absolutely no basis otherwise for the rumour -- the poster later told us he'd completely made it up himself, to "test" if journalists were indeed lurking on our list.

BTW above link for those who need it is http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112268,00.html

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

I prefer "I couldn't give two-fifths of a flying fuck." But the fact is, the English language has taken a severe nose dive in recent years. And society hardly bats an eye. Our heritage is being flushed down the proverbial toilet. Read ex-news anchor Edwin Newman's STRICTLY SPEAKING and A CIVIL TONGUE for informed and entertaining reading about this subject. The books are out of print, but well worth seeking out on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks