What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Open Range (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
$58 million isn't bad for a film that's rated R with a budget of $26 million.

Ruben M

Grip
THE MOVIE WAS GOOD, LIKE A CLASSIC WESTERN.
THE GUN FIGHT AT THE END WASN'T BAD AT ALL, BUT I THINK IT WAS A LITTLE BIT TOO MUCH. A LITTLE BIT TOO MUCH BECAUSE THE TWO MAIN CHARACTERS LOOKED SO OUTNUMBERED BY THE BAD GUYS AND MADE IT DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE.
THE SOUND IS GREAT.
AND THANKYOU MR. DUVALL FOR A GREAT PERFORMANCE.

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
While I agree the movie was well done, for me it played out too slow in most parts, except the gun fights of course. But the more I thought about it, THAT would be a typical day in a cowboy's life, so it played out true to form, held off buying it but have reconsidered and will do so come Monday, thanks for reminding me!
G2

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Rented this today, great movie! The thunder and gun shots sounded incredible. I'll definitely have to pick this up one of these days... :emoji_thumbsup:

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Sorry to bump old threads, but I just watched this movie today. I agree with the reviewer 100%. This was one of the finest films I've seen in quite some time (LOTR aside.) Costner is a great filmmaker when he's passionate about the subject.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
another late comer...
Watched it last night with fiancé and was surprised how she was ranting to her parents about how good it was this morning.

We need more good westerns like this.

Just got done with all the extras, very good stuff.
The comentary is great and explains why Han Solo DID and should have shot first without being a bad guy.

Great Movie!!

Jason_Dan

Agent
hmmm

I thought it was entertaining but little more.

It felt it was a bit like "the english patient" for me one of those movies that just took place in a beautiful place but really never went anywhere. The characters for me were more like characatures and the dialog felt forced.

The gun battles were fun to watch but seemed unrealistic "too macho"

Having said all this it was an ok way to spend a lazy afternoon.
I would give it 3 out of 5 stars

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks