What's new

HTF NHL2K3 League? (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Ahhh, I was wondering who "isyoox" was :) I saw you playing hockey after I accepted so I figured you must have come from this thread.
Mike D.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I tried to send out some invites but no one accepted last night.

I played against some good people. I forget their names, but one guy had around 90 wins, like 5 losses not due to drops, and the other guy had around 70 wins. Got chumped 4-0 and 8-3 with my Caps. I give credit to the guy with 90 wins, he didn't use CO, Detroit, Dallas, or NJ like everyone else. I also played a guy who was using Dallas and was 17-0, gave him his first loss, 4-0, as the away team (I am much better as the home team, can't score going down). We played again, but he had overtime set as a shoot out, which I had never done before (and sucked at). Lost 1-0 (and I was all ready to be going up for the OT period). I was pretty bitter about not realizing it was going to be a shootout. So those are the three losses marring my record right now (ha, not that I really care).

We aren't doing shootouts, are we?

Oh, and I was going to test and see if OT scores can have a margin > 1, but thought it would be more fun to put in a ridiculous score. I see the favor was returned.

Anyone know why the friends list keeps refreshing back to the top? I can't make it down into my list because I keep gettin brought back up to the top. Highly annoying.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
1, but thought it would be more fun to put in a ridiculous score. I see the favor was returned.
:D Have to maintain my illustrious lead... at least until the season actually starts.
I have tons of family in town right now, so I couldn't play last night. I'm going to be seriously jonesing for some hockey action.

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still here. I was on DirectvDSL, which is going bust, so I am without broadband for a few days. As soon as Bellsouth gets me the modem, I will be back.

Dial-up stinks...

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Yeah, cute, ain't it? I have the same DSL, so I'm currently trying to figure out what to do. There may be a bit of time where I'm down and out as well around the first of the year, depending on what I choose. Irritating.

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I have!

Oh and don't make the same mistale I did. As soon as I got the email about them going bust, I immediately ordered another DSL from the phone company. Of course, what I didn't think about is that they flipped the switch to make my phone line work on thier DSL network as opposed to DTV, before I got the modem. So I went a whole day (I work out of my house) having to use dial up.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Directv DSL going under sucks for a lot of people. For me and the 400 people that I worked with its a bummer. Oh well back to school for me. I was planning on going part time or quitting in january anyhow. If you guys need any help with your DTV DSL I might be able to help a bit. I'll be there another few weeks.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
UPDATE: The users that never logged in have been purged, and the schedule has been recreated, so we should be ready to go. Unfortunately, my hosting provider is experiencing what can only be described as some kind of DOS or just poor programming, I can't figure out which. The MySQL database that everything is based on is totally unavailable as someone is taking up all the connections. So I am unable to get in and adjust the schedule by hand, or even get to the tables at all.
My apologies for any inconvenience... I have a support request in to see which site is the culprit and hopefully get a resolution. When it's back up, I'll post an announcement and those of you who requested notifications will get them.
Drop the puck!
UPDATE: League is live! Go to it, guys.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I finally see what the sync problems are you mentioned before. My buddy tried remapping his buttons on the controller and we lost sync every time.

On the other hand, you can change between basic, intermediate and advanced without any problems.

Mike D.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Yup, Mike, that's the one. I had heard disparate things regarding someone using a different "level" of control (basic, advanced, etc.), with some saying it worked just dandy and others saying it doesn't work at all. Good to see that you had luck with it, as that should make things simpler.
As an aside, a member brought up a good point, and one that I hadn't properly thought through. Everyone must use the default slider setups in the gameplay options (things like puck friction and goalie skill settings) in order, again, to keep the overall league stats on a level playing field, since GF and GA count towards standings. I'm sure some of us would prefer to have tweaked settings to get a more "realistic" level of play as defined by somebody, something like the Thunderpuck recommendations, but I'm against it for this for the simple reason that it adds yet another element of complexity to setting up and playing a game. Then you have to start worrying about whether everyone set all of the options, and whether everyone's looking at the right set of options, and yada-yada... whereas using the default, even if it isn't perfectly ideal, pretty much guarantees that everyone's on the same page. So, PLEASE use the default settings for your league games.
You may need to create a new NHL2K3 user profile if your regular user profile is modified. I have never modified mine, so I'm not sure what is required. I think that it would be easiest to create a new profile rather than changing your modified profile back to regular. That way you can also keep your twaeked profile for your own enjoyment :).

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Is anybody on right now. Its 12:07 pst. here in portland. lets go. I cant find a good match to save my life. Plus I seem to be losing connections. I dont think people are finishing the game with me. Is there any way to check if they are still connected.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Adam, I'll keep your name in mind and if some of the people who haven't logged in in a while don't get in gear, I'll drop one of them and replace them with you in the schedule. I'm sure the rest of the people in the league would prefer to have someone who is interested in playing :). However, you're correct to say that you're too late to be added to the league... it'd be pretty tough to reschedule everyone around a new team :frowning: .
Jeff, eek! That's 3:00am to us easterners. Yeah, I was up at around 1:00 still talking to Orpheus (good game man! Hard fought), but 3:00 is a bit extreme for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks