NHL2K3 League Openhouse

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Brian J Dupuis, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Brian J Dupuis

Brian J Dupuis Second Unit

Hey guys,

The first season of the (Semi)Official HTF NHL2K3 League is winding down. I know I've had a lot of fun playing people in this league. I'm thinking of running a second season following this one, and I want you involved. We had a final count of 13 teams this season, after losing several players throughout the season for various reasons. So, interested people should make sure that they're interested before committing to playing.

I've opened the website up for everyone to take a look and get a feel for how we play. (Fear not current season players... your names/email addresses/whatnot have been changed to protect the innocent [​IMG]... one of the things I'm sure my current league members will back me up on is I am very careful with personal information. You choose how much you want others in the league to know, and no one outside the league will ever get in.). To visit, see this site. You can do just about everything you would normally have to do in the season, it just won't "work", meaning that the database never changes. But it'll give you a feel for the mechanics.

I'm currently planning on running two leagues... one for HTFers and one for the general public. I've had a lot of email from non-HTFers (amazing how Google can find anything, isn't it?) on how to get in the league. I don't personally want to play with the "rabble", so I've told them to go elsewhere [​IMG].

So, if you would like to get in on the next season, go take a look and post here. I haven't decided how teams will be chosen or the ruleset (we talked about going for Hall Of Fame difficulty to cut down on the powerhouse teams having advantages), but we'll see how it goes.

Enjoy!

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Count me in for next season back as Vancouver :)

3. Brian J Dupuis

Oh my God, he returns from the dead [​IMG].

4. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

I call the Caps. Damn it, this means I need to get better. My record of late has been pretty poor.

5. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

How do I remove duplicate posts, hmm...

6. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Actually i return to playing in leagues. finally everythign back to normal

capt

7. Conroy Tesa

Conroy Tesa Stunt Coordinator

I love this game.
    I just wish I could score more!!
    I either win or lose 1-0!!!
    HEHE
    I like Colorado still but I'm pining on taking my beloved leafs!!

8. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I'm taking my Islanders again next year. I'm really starting to get used this team.

[​IMG]

Glen

9. David Broome

David Broome Stunt Coordinator

Well, I have finally started winning games with the Preds, so I'll claim them again...

10. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I'm in again. Ottawa for the HTF league again I suppose. If I can play in the general league also (and Joey isn't) I'd take Vancouver (good god! 6-0!)

11. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Id would use the isles but someone else has them, so i go with the other team i always used ever since the original NHL on genisis. Vancouver. Guess it was the funky uniform colors back then

capt

12. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I might even join in the general league as the Isles as well. More games wouldn't be a bad thing to me...

I think there should be a pre-season for the other league to see if they are "up to snuff." [​IMG]

Just kidding.

Glen

13. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

Flyers will be back [​IMG]

Mike D.

14. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

What is this general league you guys are talking about?

15. Brian J Dupuis

16. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

I like the idea of upping the difficulty setting. My only reservation would be that it might help cause a lot of ties. Whatever ... I say we at least try it out. I'd forfeit the high-scoring games to just see my goalie not flop for every stupid deke.

I'm definitely back in, though this time I think I'd like to play as Dallas. At least I'll have some reason to vest some interest in them (as opposed to the Chowds).

While I'm here, I'll throw out some props for Brian. He did a kickass job with the site and league administration. Words that come to mind are thorough, democratic, friendly, selfless, and dedicated. So join the league already you wankers! [​IMG]

17. Brian J Dupuis