What's new

NHL2K3 League Openhouse (1 Viewer)

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Hey guys,

The first season of the (Semi)Official HTF NHL2K3 League is winding down. I know I've had a lot of fun playing people in this league. I'm thinking of running a second season following this one, and I want you involved. We had a final count of 13 teams this season, after losing several players throughout the season for various reasons. So, interested people should make sure that they're interested before committing to playing.

I've opened the website up for everyone to take a look and get a feel for how we play. (Fear not current season players... your names/email addresses/whatnot have been changed to protect the innocent :)... one of the things I'm sure my current league members will back me up on is I am very careful with personal information. You choose how much you want others in the league to know, and no one outside the league will ever get in.). To visit, see this site. You can do just about everything you would normally have to do in the season, it just won't "work", meaning that the database never changes. But it'll give you a feel for the mechanics.

I'm currently planning on running two leagues... one for HTFers and one for the general public. I've had a lot of email from non-HTFers (amazing how Google can find anything, isn't it?) on how to get in the league. I don't personally want to play with the "rabble", so I've told them to go elsewhere :).

So, if you would like to get in on the next season, go take a look and post here. I haven't decided how teams will be chosen or the ruleset (we talked about going for Hall Of Fame difficulty to cut down on the powerhouse teams having advantages), but we'll see how it goes.

Enjoy!

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
I call the Caps. Damn it, this means I need to get better. My record of late has been pretty poor.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually i return to playing in leagues. finally everythign back to normal

capt

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I love this game.
I just wish I could score more!!
I either win or lose 1-0!!!
HEHE
I like Colorado still but I'm pining on taking my beloved leafs!!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm taking my Islanders again next year. I'm really starting to get used this team.

:)

Glen

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'm in again. Ottawa for the HTF league again I suppose. If I can play in the general league also (and Joey isn't) I'd take Vancouver (good god! 6-0!)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Id would use the isles but someone else has them, so i go with the other team i always used ever since the original NHL on genisis. Vancouver. Guess it was the funky uniform colors back then

capt

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I might even join in the general league as the Isles as well. More games wouldn't be a bad thing to me...

I think there should be a pre-season for the other league to see if they are "up to snuff." :)

Just kidding.

Glen

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I like the idea of upping the difficulty setting. My only reservation would be that it might help cause a lot of ties. Whatever ... I say we at least try it out. I'd forfeit the high-scoring games to just see my goalie not flop for every stupid deke.

I'm definitely back in, though this time I think I'd like to play as Dallas. At least I'll have some reason to vest some interest in them (as opposed to the Chowds).

While I'm here, I'll throw out some props for Brian. He did a kickass job with the site and league administration. Words that come to mind are thorough, democratic, friendly, selfless, and dedicated. So join the league already you wankers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks