What's new

HTF NHL2K3 League? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Im in I just got the game and frickin love it. I was so dissapointed with EA's NHL2003 this year I had to try this. I will take the San Jose Sharks.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Hehe... nice little bump.
No, I haven't forgotten about anything. Hopefully once you guys see the result, you'll see that I've been a bit busy :).
Almost there, give me another day and it'll be up and running. Prepare to drop the puck!

Patrick Bennett

Stunt Coordinator
Add me to the list:
Gamertag: Cundra
Team: whoever / 'fan' team is Chicago, but online I typically play Philadelphia, Colorodao, or Detroit.
When I played with Chicago, I kept getting stomped by people who definitely shouldn't have been beating me. ;)
(Other than the bizarre network problems, 2k3 is phenomenal!)

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
The HTF NHL2K3 League is officially open for business.
Thanks for your patience, folks. *ahem*
I'll be sending PMs out to everyone currently in the list (Daren and Patrick are the last two in) with your login name and password to the league management site. When you get this PM, log in, check things out, and see if you're interested in participating. I have to assume that some people won't want to be involved, so I'll give a week from now to gauge interest. If you haven't logged in by 12/23/02, or if I don't get email or a PM telling me you're interested, I'll remove you from the league and we'll reschedule to work around it.
So, don't get too comfy with the current schedule, as it may change, but it will give you an idea of what to expect. Feel free to propose times and play if you want, but until the 23rd, it won't be final and standings will be reset then :).
Here's the format (you can read this at the site too, but I figured this'll give you a taste): everyone is scheduled to play everyone else twice, once at home and once away... with the current teams that means a total of 38 games. Depending on how quickly people play, we can do this in 3 weeks, or in 38 weeks :), it doesn't matter to me or to the league. The home team captain will propose three dates and times for the game to take place, the away team captain will then select one of those, the game will be played at that time (home captain hosts), then the home captain reports the scores and you move on to your next game. It's currently set up to where you can only be acting on one game at a time (in some cases, like an on-the-road stand, you might have more than one active), but if there's problems with non-responsive players, I'll adjust this as needed.
Standings are kept as scores are reported, based on NHL-style points, goals for and goals against.
What do you get out of this? Nothing, except fun. What do I get? Ditto. As such, anything unfun will not be tolerated. I'm particularly harsh with cheaters of any sort, so any disagreements or unsportsmanlike conduct involving reporting of false scores or anything like that will be dealt with by removing both parties involved. Why both? Who am I to believe? There's no adequate proof provided by Sega, so I have nothing to go by. If everyone knows that if there's disagreement they'll both be tossed, well, hopefully there won't be disagreement :).
More information about rules (not many, that's the main one) and such are available at the site. So log in, take a gander, and let me know if you're in or out. Please don't follow up here with replies about this, unless it's for the general masses... keep specific stuff confined to more appropriate mediums ;).
Good luck, have fun, drop the friggin' puck!

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Brian,

Ignore my PM. I used the link in this thread and got in just fine.

Couple of questions. You say each team places each other twice. So that's 2 meetings. How about 2 to 4 games per meeting? Just a suggestion...

And I noticed you said we should not edit lines and should keep similar control styles. I never had a problem with that. I use Advance and my friends I normally play use basic. Plus we both take turns doing our line adjustments before the games start and never have an problems...

Mike D.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
In terms of the 2 to 4 games per meeting, I say if the competitors want to make it a best 2 out of 3 for their "game", then report the winning score (single score to keep GF and GA fair for the entire league), more power to them. However, I didn't figure that most people would have the time to dedicate to multiple games per play session (I know I don't... getting in a single game is the best I can manage :)), so I went with the one. The reason I chose 2 meetings is when I made the schedule it was 38 weeks long, if everyone plays once a week. That's most of a year, so I figured doubling or tripling it would be insane :D.
The reason I made the "rules" concerning lines and controls was to mitigate the connection problems people have been having. If opponents want to agree on performing line changes and other things, or use different control schemes, that's fine with me. As long as you can complete a game to report the schedule, you can do that. But you guys should agree to it beforehand.
I'm just trying to make things smooth :).

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Of course, I screwed up the links in some PMs... there's a trailing period at the end of the link that shouldn't be there. My bad :b. Use this link to get into the site. Sorry!

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
A little update.
I see that a lot of you have logged in to the league website, and some of you have even made game proposals, and one game is actually scheduled. That's great! Do whatever you like until the 23rd, it'll all be reset then. I've been enhancing the site to provide more and more timely information, so if any of yiou have any suggestions or comments, please send them my way.
For those of you who have not logged on, here's what I will do. As of the 23rd at 8:00PM, those that have not logged on at all will be dropped from the league. Any of you that have logged on that don't wish to participate, please let me know by then as well. I won't mind, but I'd rather know now then later when it's more difficult to remove inactive teams :). As of the 23rd at 8:00pm, I'll reset the games and schedule to work around the teams that were dropped, and the league will be active. I'll send an announcement via the site for when that occurs. Those of you who set up your preferences to notify you via email of actions will get a notification of a new announcement in your email as well.
At that time, rules will be in their final form (barring some unforeseen glitch in rule interpretation or somesuch), and game proposals and reporting can start in earnest. I'm excited about playing all of you, and look forward to a fun season. This not being the OFFICIAL, official HTF NHL2K3 League as evidenced by our gradual but inevitable slide down the topic list :D, I have nothing planned for the eventually winner of the league, except my undying admiration. Though I may come up with something if I can think of something appropriate that won't set me back too much monetarily :).

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
If it's not too late, I would love to be the Capitals. I am ready to commit, too. Had some problems with the football league because I had an inopportune outtage of DSL (while I moved up to 1.5 Mbps dl 768 ul) and was setting up my wireless network but now I am ready to go with no interruptions. I'm not too bad at the game, either. Please please let me in!

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Ah ... I was wondering why my first opponent wasn't accepting one of my suggested game days :p) Well, just as a heads up, I'm going to be AFXBL (away from XBOX Live) until New Years Day. While some of you will probably use Christmas break to play as many games as possible, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be away from ... my precious.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think I was supposed to play you. I was the Redskins, but I emailed the commish about my situation, and then I couldn't access email for a while either, but oh well, that was a one time deal and won't happen again.

Two Towers kicked ass!

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
huh? I was referring to the hockey league being in a beta-test period. I thought were were actually going, so I was trying to set up a game before I took off for my vacation.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
That's a very good point, Daren... I don't think someone should be left out of playing because their one current, active opponent is unavailable. So, I've adjusted the system to have 3 active games at any one time (again, if there's an extended "road trip" there may be more than 3, but 3 will usually be the max). Those of you who had an away game to start the season can now propose times for the next two games if they're at home. Hopefully that'll induce more active gaming activity, which is what we're after anyway, yes?
I'll leave it like this unless there's additional feedback... I don't want to have to put checks in place to be certain that someone is purposely skipping a game they should be proposing, so try to keep it chronological as much as possible :). I'm open to all suggestions.
WillY, you and your beloved Caps are in. I'll add your username/password and team, but you won't have any games scheduled until the 23rd, since I don't want to redo the schedule but once :). I'll send you a PM with your info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks